Confusion

Revenge [On Hiatus]

 

“W-what? Why did you want me to drag you in here?”

“Duizhang, are you that oblivious?”

“Apparently I am. Feel free to enlighten me.”

Tao wraps his arms around Kris’s waist and pulls him close, laying his head on Kris’s chest. “Your heart’s beating so fast, duizhang. Do I make you nervous?”

“N-no. This situation makes me nervous. Why are you doing this?”

Putting a hand behind Kris’s head, Tao pulls it closer to his, letting his lips barely graze Kris’s. His mouth is so dry that his tongue feels as rough as sandpaper, and he can’t even seem to speak anymore. He can only shy away when Tao starts talking again, their mouths so close that he can feel Tao’s warm breath against his lips as he speaks. “Duizha-. No. Yi Fan. If I asked you to kiss me right now, would you?” Tao moves his free hand onto Kris’s chest. “Wow, it’s beating even faster now.”

Kris removes Tao’s hand from behind his head, straightening up against the shower wall. “Panda… Why are you doing this to me?”

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Tao stands on the tips of his toes and places his lips on top of Kris’s. As shocked and confused as Kris is, his body instantly takes over for him, instinctively returning Tao’s kiss. He’s just about to slides his arms around Tao’s waist when Tao pulls away from the kiss, eyes wide. “Wow. You… really kissed me. I didn’t think… you would. I… I just wanted free food.” Kris, possibly even more confused now than he was a minute ago, gives Tao a questioning look. Tao backs away, slowly talking to Kris as he does. “When… when you didn’t come home right away the other day, the other members offered to buy me food for a week if I could make you kiss me. I… I didn’t… I didn’t think you would do it, so I said okay. They even told me what I should do. I…I was just jealous that you grabbed Jong Dae’s idea and not mine.” Tao’s speech is starting to speed up, just like it always does when he starts to worry. “You weren’t supposed to kiss me. I’m so sorry, duizhang. I’m so sorry.” Kris can only watch in surprised shock as Tao’s eyes start to water. Tao, suddenly too ashamed and too embarrassed to even look at Kris, runs off.

------------

He can hear a light knock on his door as he lies under his bed. “Yi Fan ge? Are you okay?” It’s Chen’s voice, filled with worry. Nobody’s seen or heard from Kris since he ran out of the shower earlier. “We missed you at vocal lessons.” More light knocking. “Yi Fan ge?”

“You can come in, Jong Dae.” He says it so quietly that Chen almost doesn’t hear him through the door.

“Yi Fan? Where… are… you?” Chen feels a hand grab at his ankle, causing him to jump. Turning around and getting on his hands and knees, he looks under the bed. “Yi Fan ge? Why are you down here?”

“It’s where I go when I don’t know what to do. I used to do it when family was over, because they’d always start arguing about something. Been my hiding place ever since.”

Getting up to close the bedroom door, locking it so that nobody can interrupt them, Chen goes back over and gets onto his stomach beside the bed. He reaches under the bed and puts a hand on Kris’s back, slowly rubbing. “My mother used to do this when I wasn’t feeling good.” Kris manages a small smile and quietly thanks Chen. “What’s wrong, duizhang? What has our leader acting this way?”

“I’m just confused. I’m so confused. I’m so ing confused, Jong Dae.”

“About what?”

Kris holds a hand out towards Chen, pinky standing up. “You won’t tell anybody?”

Chen hooks his pinky around Kris’s and holds it there. “Of course.”

“Zi Tao.”

“Zi Tao, what?”

“Panda kissed me.”

Chen scoffs, finding even that hard to believe. “Seriously, Yi Fan. Why are you confused?”

“Because he kissed me. And it didn’t bother me. I… I even… kissed him back, Jong Dae. . I kissed him back. I didn’t even think twice about it.”

“That doesn’t sound like confusion, Yi Fan. That sounds like you know exactly what’s going on.”

“But I don’t. He said the other members put him up to it yesterday when we didn’t come home until late. Said he did it because they offered to buy him food for a week.”

“So then… you’re confused about how Zi Tao feels?”

“I’m confused about everything. I never thought I’d have to worry about being kissed by a guy, especially somebody in the group. I sure as hell never thought I’d have to worry about kissing a guy back.”

“Maybe it was just a reflex. Like when a doctor taps your knee with the little mallet thing.”

“But my heart was beating so hard, and so fast, I was sure it was about to fly out of my chest.”

“Doesn’t everybody’s heart do that when they’re kissing? Or when they’re nervous?”

Kris nods, slowly feeling better about the situation. “Right. You’re right. I was just nervous. I was , and he tried to kiss me. Why wouldn’t I be nervous? Jong Dae, you’re awesome.” Chen takes the hand that’s been busy rubbing Kris’s back and grabs onto his waist, pulling him out from under the bed. “Goddamn, I feel so much better now.”

Chen allows a big smile to play across his lips, obviously pleased with himself. “Now then. Shall we go?”

“We shall, Jong Dae. We shall.” Before leaving his room though, Kris pulls Chen into a tight hug. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me. I would’ve done anything to get our duizhang back.”

“I do have to thank you. You were nice enough to let me try out your theory.”

“What theory? When did I – “ Chen’s sentence is cut off as Kris suddenly leans over and kisses him, pushing him up against the wall. It feels as if the kiss is lasting for hours, when in actuality it’s less than 10 seconds long.

Kris pulls away, putting his hand over his chest. “You’re right. My heart is beating fast again.” He puts his hand over Chen’s. “So is yours. This is awesome. This is so awesome. I really wasn’t confused.

Chen just watches silently as Kris opens his door and practically skips out of his room, thinking to himself, “I didn’t kiss you back, duizhang. It wasn’t a reflex. And my heart’s only racing because you surprised me… and I was a little spooked.”

------------

“Yi Xing! Where are you~?” Lay is coming out of the kitchen, a sandwich in one hand, and a cup of milk in the other. “Yi Xing! Hurry and put those down. Down down down!” Lay eyes Kris suspiciously, putting his food and drink down, only to have Kris kiss him the second they’re on the table. “I’m not confused! Isn’t that fantastic!? Where’s Min Seok?” Lay points towards the bedroom that Xiu Min shares with Tao, too hungry to care that that just happened.

“Min Seok! My cute little bun. Duizhang has something to say~,” Kris says in a singsongy voice as he knocks on the bedroom door. As soon as it opens enough for Xiu Min to poke his head out, Kris leans down and gives him a kiss. “Have you heard? I’m not confused! That’s fantastic, right?” Kris skips back to the main room and messes with Lay’s hair. “And where’s Lu Han?” Lay, still too hungry to care, just points towards the kitchen.

Lu Han turns around just in time to see an ecstatic Kris rush up to him. “What’s up Yi F-,” Kris kisses Lu Han for a longer amount of time than the previous 2 combined, even going as far as to run his tongue over Lu Han’s lips.

“Lovely Lu Han. My little LuLu Han. I know that Tao definitely had to have gotten that idea from you. Do you think that kiss just now is better or worse than the one you expected Tao to get from me? I bet it was much better. Not everybody is privileged enough to get my tongue anywhere near their lips.”

Finally recovered from the shock, Lu Han quickly turns around and spits into the sink, leaning under the faucet to drink as much water as he can. Standing up and wiping his hand over his mouth, he growls at Kris, “You’re such an , Yi Fan.”

“Possibly. But at least I’m not the one who has to buy Tao food for a week. Make sure to tell your money to enjoy it’s very short stay in the Lu Han Wallet Motel.” Stealing the sandwich Lu Han had just finished making when Kris came running in, he walks off to join Yi Xing in front of the TV. “Thanks for the sandwich, LuLu.”

_________________________________________

A/N : Whew. Again, I knew how I wanted to start, but had no idea where I wanted to end. These chapters literally come to me as I'm writing them. Lol. So they're definitely not the best they can be, but I think they're good enough to please you guys. Yeah? I hope so. :]

-Giggles-
I bet you were all expecting something else between Tao and Kris, weren't you?
-Victoriously holds his arms up-

Now then! I hope you enjoy this newest chapter. Already 70 subscribers! That's 70 more than I ever expected. To all 70 of you, Joey sends you all virtual hugs and kisses. And cookies. Virtual cookies. Unless you're allergic! Then you shouldn't eat them. And Joey shall remind you that if you have a Tumblr, feel free to follow me here. :]