Beach

Revenge [On Hiatus]

Kris claps his hands together to get the attention of the other members. As they turn to him, they see him holding a hat, 3 pencils, and 3 slips of paper. "Tomorrow, we're back to dance practice and vocal lessons. So today, I've decided we'll all be spending the day together in pairs." Holding up the sheets of paper and the pencils, he continues, "I'll give three of you a piece of paper and a pencil, and you will write down what you would like to do today, and then sign your name. Then you'll put your ideas into the hat," he holds that up as well, "and then your job is done. The three that didn't write anything down will then pick a piece of paper from the hat, read it out loud, along with the name of the person who signed it, and spend the day with them. It won't just be goofing off either. I'll be asking all of you what you learned about the other today."

"Who are the three that are gonna be writing down ideas?"
 
"Zi Tao, Jong Dae, and Yi Xing. I figure today we'll let the three youngest ones decide." Walking over to the table, Kris gives each of them a slip of paper and a pencil. Kris takes this chance to get a drink of water, his mouth slightly dry from the talking. Turning around and hopping onto the counter, Kris relaxes for a bit, knowing what he does today will probably tire him out. His silent joy is short lived as Tao runs up and grabs his arm, yanking him off the counter, telling the leader that they're done. "I see someone's excited." Tao just nods, pulling Kris behind him. "Okay then, let's do this." Taking an extra piece of paper and tearing it into three strips, Kris rolls them up into tiny paper balls, mixes them around, and tosses two of them; one at Lu Han, and the other at Xiu Min. "Whoever has the smallest piece of paper picks first."
 
Unrolling them simultaneously, Lu Han does a little happy dance when he sees he got the smallest. Reaching into the hat, half whispering and half praying he doesn't get stuck with Tao, Lu Han pulls out the first idea. Kris, having the next smallest piece, takes the next idea. And Xiu Min, groaning because he didn't get to choose his own, takes the last remaining idea. Lu Han reads his aloud first, "Video games. Yi Xing."
 
Kris reads his out loud next, "Go to the beach. Jong Dae."
 
Xiu Min asks to switch with someone before even reading his, already knowing Tao's idea will probably include draining Xiu Min of any money he has left. When nobody agrees to trade, he reads, "Martial arts. Zi Tao." He looks again, even turning the paper over to see if there's more. "Seriously? Martial arts?! Daebak!" Xiu Min runs over and hugs Tao. "I love you so much right now." Turning to Kris, he asks, "When do we go!? Now? Can we go now? I wanna go now." Kris nods, and Xiu Min wastes no time in grabbing Tao's wrist and pulling him out the door.
 
"Well that's a switch."
 
------------
 
"So why did you wanna come to the beach, Jong Dae?"
 
"I've never been to the beach."
 
"Never?" Chen shakes his head. "What a depressing thought."
 
"I know. I wasn't really a social person back home, so I never had anybody to go with, and it just seems like the beach isn't somewhere you can enjoy if you're by yourself." Kris agrees, asking Chen if he at least had one friend back home. "Does a piano count? I spent more time with my piano than most people spend with their significant others."
 
Kris just chuckles, reaching over and giving Chen's stomach a few pats. "Well now you have 11 friends who would gladly go with you whenever the opportunity is there."
 
"Brothers."
 
"Brothers what?"
 
"I have 11 brothers now." Passing Kris the sunscreen and turning onto his stomach, he asks Kris to do his back for him.
 
Sitting himself on the backs of Chen's thighs, he squirts a good amount of sunscreen onto his back. As Chen starts asking him about his opinions on things, he slowly rubs Chen's back, spreading the sunscreen as evenly as he can. Thinking that everybody had forgotten the awkward encounter this afternoon, Kris is a little shocked when Chen asks him about Tao being in his bed. Finished with Chen's back, he wraps his arms around his waist and lays on top of him, teasing him. "Why do you ask, Jong Dae? Was someone jealous? You know leader loves you," Kris jokingly kisses Chen's cheek and messes with his hair.
 
"You're a dork, duizhang," Chen says as he pushes Kris off of him and fixes his hair. "And yes, someone was jealous."
 
"What's there to be jealous of?"
 
"Both of you. You two are so close. I mean, you guys argue a lot. A lot. To the point where it looks like you two could fight each other to the death. But at the end of the day, you're like best friends that are so close that even actual couples envy you. You should have seen what we all saw when we went to your room. The way you two were laying, it was like you were protecting him. Anybody would be jealous if they saw you two together."
 
"You know you're always welcome to crawl into my bed if you're feeling lonely. I may come across as a jerk to most people, but I'm really not."
 
Doing like Kris did earlier, Chen moves over and lays on Kris's back, hugging him close. "I know."
 
The serious feeling being almsot overwhelming, Kris thinks of something to lighten the mood."Hang onto me okay?" Kris feels Chen nodding against his back as he slowly stands up. Reaching back and putting his arms under Chen's knees, he tells Chen to wrap his arms around his neck, which Chen does. Then he tells Chen to close his eyes, which he also does. "Ready?"
 
"Ready for what?"
 
Kris slowly starts walking, telling Chen that he wants to do something before they go home. It doesn't take long for Kris to stop, again asking Chen if he's ready. Chen nods, and the last thing Kris hears before Chen hits the water is a surprised shriek coming from the younger one's mouth. Recovering from being thrown into the water almost instantly, Chen wastes no time as he runs over to Kris and drags him to the water as well. As a small water fight ensues, Kris is happy to see the biggest smile he's ever seen on Chen's face. He's quite proud of himself for thinking of going out in pairs today.
 
------------
 
What started out as a small water fight turned into hours of fun, which is why everybody is shocked to see Kris and Chen walking through the door at almost ten at night.
 
"Finally! We were starting to get worried." Turning to Xiu Min, Kris asks why they'd be worried. "Because it's almost ten. What in the world could you possibly do at the beach so late at night?"
 
"Talk."
 
"Did you know you could also talk at home now? It's a new thing that people do so they don't worry the people they live with!"
 
"Aish, sorry. It's not like we expected you all to be staring at the door like dogs until we got home." Everybody tries to see around Kris, surprised to hear the usually quiet Chen speak up like that. Having the attention of everybody is obviously something Chen wasn't expecting, as he turns back into his quiet self, uttering an almost inaudible 'hyung' at Xiu Min before hiding himself behind Kris.
 
Being the caring leader he is, and having a new soft spot for Chen, Kris brings the attention back to himself. "Now then, if you're all done complaining about our day, I'm tired."
 
"I thought we were supposed to 'share'," Lu Han says as he holds his hands up, making quotation marks with his fingers as he says it.
 
"Tomorrow." Reaching back and wrapping his fingers around Chen's wrist, he drags him along behind him, leaving everybody with a confused look on their face as he says, "Jong Dae is sleeping with me tonight," and closes his door.
 
__________________________________________________________________
 
A/N : Whew, I actually got this out today. I literally sat here for almost an hour earlier trying to figure out what I wanted to write about in this chapter. I almost just gave up for the day because I have to wake up early later, when I decided it was time to give another character some time in here.
 
I bet you all thought Kris was gonna pull Tao's idea. Did I trick ya? Huh? Did I? Hehe. Don't hate me too much. <3
 
Now then! Hope you enjoy this time with Kris and Chen. I know I did. :]
 
And if you have a Tumblr, feel free to follow me here. New friends are always welcome in Joey's life. :]  Especially you Taoris lovers.
 
-Runs off to bed to read a few fanfics before sleep-