Day 4 (Thursday): Sohee & Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

Sohee~

I was in a warm, soft bed, but my body felt stiff and uncomfortable. I had a pounding headache that kept me from thinking anything too sophisticated. Someone was holding my hand. The touch was warm, but unfamiliar. I slowly opened my eyes, and it took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the bright room.

“Sohee?! Are you awake?!” gasped a woman’s voice. My eyes traveled to her. She was a middle aged woman, but at a glance, pretty enough to pass for a younger age. Everything about her was perfect; her make up, her hair, her clothes, everything was impeccable.

The door banged open and a man and young girl, maybe in fifth grade, rushed into the room.

“Sohee woke up?!” the man demanded. The girl skipped over to my bed and squealed.

“Daddy! Unni’s awake!” the girl announced loudly. Her high voice made my head hurt even more.

The man leaned over my bed and I got a clear look at him. He was around the same age as the woman, most likely in his early forties. He had unnatural jet black hair and a handsome face, although he looked old. It was probably safe to assume that he had been pretty hot when he was younger.

“Sohee, can you hear me?” he asked, eyes wide with worry.

“Who… Are you…?” I asked, my voice sounding rough and husky. The man and woman exchanged quick glances and I noticed how his shoulders relax and a small smile appeared on his face. But… It wasn’t a smile of happiness, it was… A smile of cold victory.

“Sohee, I am your dad, this is your mom, and this is your younger sister, Eunji,” he said slowly and carefully.

My… family? Something felt wrong… They looked familiar, but they didn’t give me a comforting feeling. Actually, they made me feel nervous and on the edge.

The door opened once again and a tall man in a white gown walked in. He was probably in his early fifties and had sharp features, but kind eyes. When he saw that my eyes were open, he smiled.

“Hello Sohee,” he said cheerfully. “It’s nice to see your eyes open. I’m your doctor, Dr. Baek.”

He walked over and sat down on a stool next to my bed.

“Sohee, please listen carefully to what I’m about to say,” he began carefully. “You were in a car crash four days ago. As you can see, your family is fine, but you received a serious head injury. We believe that you have amnesia. Most, if not all, of your personal memories will be gone. But do not worry, it does not mean they are gone forever. They will most likely come back gradually.”

“How long do you think it will take?” the man, I mean, my dad asked.

The doctor sighed, “No one knows. It might take a couple weeks, or it could take years.”

Dad stiffened at the word ‘years’.

“But you still need a lot of rest. It’ll be a minimum of a week before you can be discharged,” Dr. Baek said. “Also, your body will seem a bit stiff and uncomfortable at first, since you’ve been asleep for four days. But for now, you need to rest. It would be best if the family left the room.”

Dr. Baek stood up and left the room. My family stood up also and left the room. I closed my eyes again, and soon, I was back to sleep. 

 

 

Jaebum~

“Sohee?! Are you awake?!” gasped Mrs. Ahn from inside Sohee’s room. Director Ahn jumped up and pulled Eunji into the room.

*Hmm… So she’s finally woken up, huh?* I sighed, and leaned against the wall. *That means I have to pay my visit tomorrow and everything will start.*

“Sohee woke up?!” Director Ahn asked, his voice full of worry. Damn, did not know that man was capable of that sort of tone.

“Daddy! Unni’s awake!” Eunji squealed happily. God, that kid was only in fourth grade and she was already such a good actor. Well, unsurprising since Mrs. Ahn is a retired actress. I’d been present when he’d told his only daughter about his wicked, messed up plan. She’d just nodded smartly, her intelligent eyes seeming to understand everything, even Director Ahn’s dark intentions.

A tall man in a doctor’s gown walked over to the door. He nodded at me before entering. During the second that the door was open, I got a glance inside. The Ahn’s were crowded around Sohee’s bed, where she was laying down, looking frail and sick. But even looking so weak, she was still stunningly gorgeous, surprising me yet again. It wasn’t so often that I considered girls to be this pretty.

After about minutes, the family shuffled out. Director Ahn had a quick chat with the doctor. As soon as the doctor walked away though, Director Ahn’s friendly, smiling expression quickly became cold and emotionless as usual.

“Come here tomorrow, straight after school. It’ll be best if you have your uniform on. Be ready to put on an act that would make even me believe you’re her boyfriend,” Director Ahn said under his breath. With that, he left with his family.

I sighed and took one last look through the window at Sohee’s sleeping figure before I too left the hospital.