Day 19 (Sunday): Sohee, Yongguk & Myungsoo

Love Is A Trick

 

Sohee~

“Car crash. Amnesia. No amnesia. No memories. Puzzle necklace. Fake boyfriend. New school. Awkward parents. Myungsoo. Myungsoo? Myungsoo…” I muttered to myself while sitting in front of the piano. I lightly lay my fingers on top of the keys. “Who is Myungsoo? Where is Myungsoo?”

This was all driving me crazy. The only two things that were keeping me from jumping off a cliff was… the piano and Jaebum.

I stood up abruptly and grabbed my coat and scarf.

“Tell Mom I went out to hang out with friends,” I told Eunji. I stepped out of the house and briskly walked to the nearest bus station. I got on the bus that would take me to the east side of Gangnam. I knew I was being stupid but I just needed to at least try to figure something out.

Once off the bus, I wandered around city, just taking in my surroundings. Everything seemed remotely similar, but it wasn’t enough. I got on another bus and traveled to the north side. This was the most crowded area of Gangnam. Drivers honked angrily at each other and people milled around, shopping, dating, eating.

Finally, I decided to do something rash.

“Excuse me,” I said, approaching a group of three teenagers. They looked up at me, first annoyance in their eyes but then interest. I held out my necklace to them. “Sorry this is really random but does this remind you of anything?”

“That’s the symbol for CC Entertainment!” one of the guys laughed. “Don’t tell me you haven’t heard of it. The main building’s just a couple blocks away.”

“Sorry, I’m foreign,” I lied smoothly. “Mind telling me how I can get there?”

The boys enthusiastically gave me directions to the building. I after a short walk, I was standing in front of a towering glass building.

I buzzed in and they let me in. Apparently it was visiting hours.

“Hello,” the secretary greeted me. She looked at me face. For a split second, something flashed in her eyes but it was instantly gone. “Are you here for the tour?”

I nodded, “Yep.”

Hm… tour?

 

Yongguk~

“Sir, she’s here,” the secretary from the ground floor whispered into the phone. “Sohee. She’s in the building. I just sent her on a fake tour. The tour guide’s going to show her only the second and third floor.”

My heart stopped, “How did she get here?!”

“I don’t know but she was wearing the necklace.”

“Alright,” I sighed. “Make sure she doesn’t go anywhere else. Myungsoo’s also in the building. They can't meet.”

I hung up and groaned, wanting to hit something. How the hell did she find her way here? We were on the other side of the city!

There was no time to waste. I stood up and briskly walked out of my office, heading for Myungsoo’s personal practice room.

 

Sohee~

The tour was awfully boring. I felt like I already new the place better than the guide. During the middle of the tour, I slipped away, escaping the guide’s notice.

I wandered around the hallways, wondering why the place looked so familiar. I traveled around a few floors, exploring the mostly empty place. The building felt like home. It gave me a comforting feeling that even my home with the Ahn’s, I mean my family, didn’t give me.

 

Yongguk~

“She WHAT?!” I yelled. “She escaped?! How could you let her?!”

As the guide began to stutter an excuse, I walked away, soon breaking out into a jog. The building was huge. It was going to take a lot of time finding her. And I couldn’t even ask for most people to help. No one could know that she was still alive except for my trusted few.

I called Myungsoo for the fifth time and he didn’t pick up again. I groaned in frustration. Realizing it would be quickest to just walk there, I began making my way to Myungsoo’s room.

 

Sohee~

I heard music playing in the distance and I carefully followed it until I reached a practice room. Curious, I tugged on the handle but the door was disappointingly locked. I tried to peek in through the windows but they were tinted. I gave up with a sigh and leaned against the door, wondering who was inside. The music was loud and upbeat.

 

Myungsoo~

I dance when I’m frustrated.

I’m frustrated right now.

I let out all the emotions wash over me, letting it all out as I let my body follow the beat. Sweat dripped down my forehead and I paused to wipe away my sweat and grab a drink of water.

Something caught my eye. I wasn’t too sure but it looked like someone was standing outside my practice room. Frowning, I walked towards the door, draping my towel around my neck.

I pushed open my door but… the hallway was empty. I sighed. Maybe I wasn’t getting enough sleep.

 

Yongguk~

I saw her standing in front of Myungsoo’s room, her hand on the handle. I watched as she tugged it and my heart stopped. I could breath again when I remembered that Myungsoo always kept his door locked.

I quietly walked towards her and grabbed her arm then quickly pulled her around the corner, motioning for her to stay silent. As I pulled her away form Myungsoo’s practice room, I distantly heard the practice room door open.

Too close. That was way too close.

 

Sohee~

A tall, blonde, attractive guy suddenly appeared out of no where and pulled me away from the practice room and into a different hallway. I knew I should’ve been freaked out but… I knew this guy. Or at least I thought so. It was really annoying. These days I felt like I knew a lot of things, then felt really unsure a few minutes later.

“Sorry…” he said. His voice was impossibly deep. But I wasn’t just mesmerized by the attractiveness, something about his voice.

The sharp pain came…

 

We were at a dining table. I was with a family of four; Dad, Mom, and an older brother. My older brother was telling a story about his adventures that day when suddenly his voice cracked. His eyes widened as he covered his mouth with his hand.

The table was silent for a minute until Dad and I cracked up loudly. Mom tried to sooth my embarrassed older brother. He was turning red quickly.

 

“Oppa…?” I whispered, blinking rapidly. My vision came back and the blonde guy came back into focus. I gasped, “Sorry… I don’t know why I just said… that…”

His eyes narrowed. I frowned. Something was wrong.

Suddenly, something caught my eye. A gold chain around his neck. Without thinking, my hand shot out and I pulled the necklace out from under his shirt.

A golden puzzle piece. The exact same one as mine.

He quickly jerked away from me, tucking the necklace back into his shirt.

“I… I know you,” I said, my voice shaking slightly. I racked my brain for any sort of memory.

The boy. The boy in the practice room who had danced for me.

“Did we… know each other when we were little?” I asked hesitantly.

After a moment of silence, he answered with a quiet yes.

“You knew me when I was young?” I gasped, instinctively grabbing his arm. “Please. I need your help.”

 

Yongguk~

“Please. I need your help,” Sohee pleaded, clutching my arm. I ripped at my heart to see her like this. So lost. So confused.

“Let’s go talk in my office,” I said, leading her up to my office. On the top floor, she took hesitant steps, looking around with wide eyes. There was so much confusion in them.

“This way,” I said softly, opening the door to Dad’s old office. We had spent so many hours here as kids. Playing with each other. Dad had always let us in his office, even during meetings. We had sat through many meetings, watching as Dad argued with his workers, usually winning in the end. It had made me proud.

“Sit down,” I said, taking a seat in one of the plush seats. Sohee sat down across from me. “So, what do you need help with?”

“I… lost my memory and I’m trying to regain it,” Sohee said uncertainly. “My… family won't tell me anything. If you knew me when I was young… do you know anything?”

I bit my inner cheeks, wondering how I should handle this situation. It was too early. And Dr. Baek had said that I couldn’t break the news to her. He had said that she needed to remember everything herself, or else some parts of her memory could be permanently lost. That was how the medicine worked.

“Look, Sohee,” I said, leaning forward. “There will be a time when everything makes sense but right now… it’s too early. I’m sorry, but I can't help you.”