Day 3 (Wednesday): Myungsoo

Love Is A Trick

 

Myungsoo~

Sohee was standing in front of me, smiling happily. She stretched out a hand for me to grab, but I couldn’t move, not one bit. Her smile turned into a frown, then an expression of fear.

“Oppa, help me,” she whispered. “I’m lost.”

She began fading away and I wanted to chase after her, but I was frozen in place.

 

“Myungsoo, class’s over, wake up~” a girl said, waking me up from my dream. I slowly lifted my head just in time to see the teacher leave the classroom after throwing me a dirty look. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, stretching.

“Hey, hey, I’m so bored,” Ahyoung said, sitting on my desk. “Let’s go clubbing tonight~”

Ahyoung is the prettiest, most popular third year at my school. I would also like to give her the title of the tiest girl on earth. Despite her pretty looks, she’s really strong, pretty violent, and quite rash. Because of her strength, she’s the gang leader of a local gang and is respected by all the boys in Sekyung High.

“Go away…” I mumbled, hauling my backpack over one shoulder and standing up. “I’m not in the mood to play with you.”

“What’s wrong with you these days?” Ahyoung frowned. “You’re so moody and sulky.”

“I said go away,” I growled with more force. Ahyoung rolled her eyes and walked away, being instantly surrounded by a group of guys.

I took a bus to the CC Entertainment building and climbed up to the third floor where the dance practice rooms were. I’ve been getting dance and vocal lessons here since I was little with Yongguk hyung and Sohee. The place was like a second home to me.

After changing into sweats and a sleeveless hoodie, I entered a practice room. I blasted music through the high quality speakers and let my body fall into motion, letting my mind travel. All I’ve been doing for the past few days is going to school then coming straight to here and dancing until I was too exhausted to think. It was the only thing keeping me from being sent to the asylum or jumping off the nearest cliff.

Around seven, I collapsed to the ground, leaning against the mirrors. I shut off the music and the sudden silence surprised my ears. Although I was physically exhausted, my mind kept wandering to thoughts about Sohee. I pounded a fist angrily the wooden floor, closing my eyes to keep the stinging tears from spilling.

“You alright there?” asked a familiar husky voice. My eyes opened instantly to see Yongguk leaning against the door frame, wearing black dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a black skinny tie. Although he was able to pull off the outfit, it came as a surprise. It’s not like hyung doesn’t dress well; he actually has a really nice sense of style in my opinion, just that he doesn’t ever wear formal clothes like this.

He strolled into the room, “What, you don’t recognize me with a tie on? Or did you forget about me during the few days I haven’t seen you?”

How could he be making jokes like this with me? Anger began building up inside me, but it was overrun by the extreme joy I felt by seeing his familiar face. I stood up shakily, my muscles unsteady from so much physical exertion, and I walked over to where he was standing. The moment I reached him, my knees gave out, but Yongguk caught me. The familiar touch pushed me off the brink, spilling the tears that I’d kept stored within for the past few days.

“I know, I know,” hyung whispered quietly, patting my back as hot tears fell down my cheeks.

“How can she be gone?” I sobbed. “How could they do this to us?”

I cried and cried until I couldn’t anymore. Yongguk stayed with me the whole time, supporting me silently.

“You’re still such a kid,” he smiled when I was done. He tussled my hair as I wiped away all the tears from my face.

“Shut up,” I grumbled, trying to regain at least a little bit of my pride. “You know I don’t usually cry.”

“Well hopefully that stays that way, ‘cause I don’t plan on lending you my shoulder again anytime soon; that’s only for pretty girls.”

I shot him an angry look, but I was happy to be talking with him again.

“But anyways, are you even eating these days? You look half dead,” Yongguk frowned. “Have you eaten dinner?”

I shook my head and shrugged, “Eating hasn’t really seemed that important these days.”

Yongguk hyung smacked my head, “You idiot, do you know how much trouble it would be for me if you passed out and had to go to the hospital?”

I ran my hand through my hair, “Don’t worry, I’m stronger than you think.”

“Mhm,” Yongguk said doubtfully. “C’mon, let’s go out to eat dinner. I haven’t eaten either.”

He threw an arm around my shoulders and dragged me out of the room. Although I complained, I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. It was my first smile in three days.