Part II: Day 21 (Saturday): Sohee, Myungsoo, Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

omg... sorry i havent uploaded in so long... bleh. but here it is now <3

 

Sohee~

“Okay, the most important thing right now is to make sure the Ahn’s don’t find out that you’ve completely regained your memory. Especially the fact that now, we’re working together,” Yongguk said. “It would completely ruin the plan.”

“Which is for me to find evidence that they’re guilty, right?” I confirmed. We were back in Yongguk’s office, discussing our next step.

Myungsoo frowned, “I still don’t like that we’re making Sohee go back to that house…”

I sighed, “No, it has to be done. Myungsoo, they killed my parents. I’m gonna get revenge.”

“Sohee, you remember the secret about our necklace, right?” Yongguk asked.

I nodded, “It’s a data chip. All the information about CC was divided into four, and each fourth was put into each of our necklaces.”

That’s what the Ahn’s want, and that’s why they kidnapped you. They’re using all method’s possible to find out where the data bank for CC is.”

My mind wandered to Jaebum as Yongguk continued to go into further detail with the plan. Jaebum had also just been a piece of the game for Mr. Ahn. He’d been placed to be my fake boyfriend so that he would get close to and possibly find something out. My heart tightened as I thought about the mutual feelings we had for each other. But now that my memory had been recovered, what about Myungsoo? Myungsoo and I were definitely not just simply childhood friends, especially not after that kiss we had earlier…

“What should I do about Jaebum?” I blurted out. “I know he’s being manipulated by Mr. Ahn, but… he doesn’t mean me any harm…”

“You just contradicted yourself,” Myungsoo said. I knew he was unhappy about Jaebum.

“And how do you know that, Sohee? Everything could just be one, very intricate lie,” Yongguk sighed.

“I know, okay?” I said, biting my lip. If we did succeed with our plan, that would mean the AJ company would be disbanded, disallowing Jaebum to fulfill his dreams. I didn’t want that.

A hard expression came over Myungsoo, “Sohee. Us, or him.”

 

Myungsoo~

I still couldn’t believe Sohee was sitting next to me. It all seemed like a dream. Everything happened so fast. I was impossibly happy. I almost felt scared to do anything, worried I might wake up and realize everything was a dream.

But as I watched Sohee’s reactions and listened to her talk, I realized something that made my heart tighten uncomfortably.

Jaebum. She liked him.

After so many years of holding my feelings back, I finally brought up the courage to make a move on the girl I liked. Then she gets ‘killed’ by these psychopathic dogs. And now that she’s finally back with me, she has feelings for a different guy.

Really? Life was too brutal.

My expression hardened and I said stiffly, “Sohee. Us, or him.”

Sohee slowly turned to me with sad eyes and said softly, “Myungsoo, don’t say that.”

Before anyone could say anything though, Sohee’s phone on the table started vibrating. All of our eyes travelled to it, where the screen was lit up with Jaebum’s name.

“I have to go,” Sohee said quietly, standing up. As she left the room, she picked up the call. “Jaebum? Oh, I just came out for a walk… okay, I’ll meet you there, alright.”

The two of us sat in silence as Sohee’s footsteps quietly disappeared.

“Well,” Yongguk finally said. “What do you want to do about that Jaebum kid?”

“Make him disappear,” I said under my breath. Then I sighed, “But… we can’t do that because…”

“It’ll hurt Sohee,” Yongguk finished for me. He looked tired. “We’ll see how it plays out. There will come a time when that Jaebum kid will have to chose a side. Sohee or AJ. All we can do until then is to make sure we stay alive and that no one hurts Sohee.”

 

Jaebum~

I was at a café with a group of friends, doing homework and all that nonsense. Just that I couldn’t concentrate. I kept playing with my phone, wondering why Sohee hadn’t texted me back at all today.

“Waiting for a girl to call you?” Wooyoung teased. “You can’t seem to sit still. Is it that girl from earlier?”

“No,” I instinctively denied. Wooyoung raised his eyebrow, “Yeah… it’s her.”

He still didn’t know that this girl was actually my girlfriend. Who I was the fake boyfriend to… so… did that count?

I seriously needed to stop with these trains of thoughts.

“Well, you’re obviously unable to focus on anything… so just go to her,” Wooyoung shrugged.

“But…” I started, thinking of an excuse. But even as I scrambled to think of one, my fingers were already pressing the buttons to Sohee’s familiar number. I sighed and pressed the call button.

After a few rings, Sohee picked up, “Jaebum?”

“Hey, what’re you doing?” I asked, conscious of Wooyoung’s amused eyes studying me.

“Oh, I just came out for a walk,” Sohee said, sounding distracted. She was acting a little weird these days… no, it was probably just me over thinking things again.

“If you’re not busy, you wanna come meet my friends?” I blurted out without thinking. I looked around at the group of friends I was with. Mostly trainee friends from AJ, but of course, also Wooyoung sunbae, a current idol from AJ. He looked mildly surprised, but mostly interested when he heard my question to Sohee.

“We’re at the café in front of the AJ building,” I added on quickly, suddenly worried that maybe this wasn’t a good idea. The whole group here were guys, and most of them were experienced with girls. I didn’t know if I wanted Sohee with a group of guys…

“Okay, I’ll meet you there, alright,” she agreed easily, hanging up.

“Wow, so I finally get to meet this girl?” Wooyoung laughed lightly. “Tell me a bit more about her before she comes.”

“Stop being so interested…” I mumbled. “Her name’s Sohee and she’s a second year at my school.”

“What’s this, Jaebum’s bringing in a girl? Is she hot?” Yoseob, a trainee, asked.

“You’ll see soon,” I grumbled, unhappy. I watched with annoyance as Yoseob proceeded to announce to the group that a really hot girl was coming in to visit us. I mean like, I knew Sohee wouldn’t disappoint their high expectations, but that was the problem.

Wow… since when was I such a controlling boyfriend…

After about ten minutes, the door jingled open and Sohee walked in with rosy cheeks and a small smile.

“Hey,” she breathed as she walked to our table, sitting in the empty chair next to me. She looked around a little uncomfortably, seeming to realize that everyone was just outright staring at her.

“Hi,” I smiled, helping her untangle herself from her thick scarf. “You were taking a walk out in this weather?”

She shrugged, “I wanted to get out of the house. Anyways, introduce me to your friends.”

Before I could even get to that, Wooyoung leaned forward and gave her a charming grin, “I’m Wooyoung.”

“Oh hi, I’m a fan of 2PM,” she said with an easy smile. I was impressed and I could tell all the others were too. Normal girls would not be able to great an idol like Wooyoung so casually.

The rest of the group enthusiastically introduced themselves to Sohee. She handled the group of guys really well.

“Doing homework?” Sohee asked, glancing at my books.

“Mm, kinda… not really,” I shrugged. I started noticing that something was bothering Sohee. I wanted to know what it was, but I knew this wasn’t the place to ask.

“You want to go somewhere else? A quieter place?” I asked, tucking my notebook away in my backpack. Sohee gave me a relieved smile and nodded. After saying our goodbyes, we left the café together.

“So… what’s on your mind?” I asked Sohee as we walked through the streets. The sun was starting to set and it was getting cold fast. I decided to just bring her over to my place.

“Nothing…” she shrugged, ducking her face into her scarf.

“Don’t lie to me… I can tell when something’s bothering you,” I said, opening the door to my apartment building. I looked at her expectantly while we waited for the elevator.

“What if I said…” she looked up at me with big, round eyes. “I like someone else?”

My breath caught in my throat as the question registered in my mind.

“Just kidding,” Sohee laughed lightly, hugging me gently around the waist. “Right now, I like you, Jaebum."