Day 12 (Tuesday): Yongguk & Sohee

Love Is A Trick

 

Yongguk~

“Sir, do you know what’s going on with Myungsoo? I haven’t been able to reach him…” Infinite’s manager said over the phone.

“Myungsoo… Has a reasonable excuse,” I sighed. “Don’t worry… He’ll be back at practices soon.”

“Okay, I hope I see him soon,” he said, hanging up. I set my phone down and closed my eyes, feeling exhausted. The company had gone into chaos when they’d realized I was missing and that Mr. Pak was a traitor.

After a few minutes of trying to decide what to do, I decided to go look for Myungsoo. I tried a few obvious places first; his apartment, his school, and the dance studios he frequently went to. I had a handful of my trusted secretaries scatter throughout the city to help me look for him. Finally, after about two hours of searching, one of them called me.

“Sir… I just saw Myungsoo enter a club. He’s wearing a bright blue studded blazer,” he said uneasily.

“Really?” I asked, my tone like ice. “Where?”

“Club Inspirit,” he said. I clenched my fist. The biggest club at Kangnam. Really Myungsoo?

“I’ll be there shortly. Wait in front of the entrance and make sure he doesn’t slip out,” I ordered, jerking the car around in a u-turn. Within five minutes, I had my car parked near the club. Before I got out, I took off my suit jacket, loosened my tie, and rolled up my sleeves. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a club. Might as well have some fun, right?

Telling my secretary to guard the door, I entered the club. Before long, girls in not much clothes were shooting me interested looks, trying to lure me in. Ignoring them, I went over and sat down at the bar. Before long, a girl sat down next to me. Judging by the way she held herself, she was a regular customer of the club and probably knew the place well. Just who I needed. I was positive that Myungsoo wasn’t going to let himself be easily found. This had been his plan all along. Although I knew he was in the club, it would be near impossible to find him in here without help.

“Came along after work?” she asked, trailing a finger down my arm. “Business clothes. I like it.”

“Actually,” I threw her a crooked smile and leaned in closer to her, putting my lips close to her ear. “I was wondering if you could help me with something,” I breathed into her ear.

“So you want something from me?” she asked, a smirk on her face.

“You read my mind,” I smiled. She stood up and took my hand, pulling me into a more isolated hallway. At the end of the hallway, she stopped and leaned against the wall, staring at me, her face full of confidence.

“Sweetie,” she grabbed my tie and pulled my face close to hers. “You should know that in here, nothing is free. Everything comes with a price.”

“Oh, I know,” I laughed slightly, resting my forearm against the wall.

“Well, let’s listen to your request then,” she mused.

“I’m looking for someone,” I said. “Guy wearing blue blazer.”

“Got a name?”

“L,” I said, saying the name Myungsoo uses to get into clubs.

A smile appeared on the girl’s lips and she rested her arms on my shoulders, pulling me in even closer. “I think I can help. With a little gift in return of course.”

I let her pull me in closer until our lips met. Soon enough, we were full on making out. I had an arm tightly wound around her waist, keeping her pressed against me, and I put my other hand on the back of her neck, not letting her pull away for a breath. I could feel her heartbeat accelerating with every minute until it was racing like crazy.

I pulled my lips away and kissed her jaw line until I reached her ear. “Satisfied?”

Her breathing was heavy but after a moment, she replied, “Third floor, room 398. If a guard doesn’t let you go, tell him you got Scarlet’s permission.”

“Thanks,” I said, untangling myself from her. I climbed the stairs to the third floor where a security guard stopped me.

“Pass?” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I have Scarlet’s permission,” I said, leaning against the wall. The guard narrowed his eyes at me, but let me through. At the end of the hallway, I stopped in front of room 398. I pushed the door open and saw Myungsoo on a long u-shaped sofa with six girls, his arms around two of them, and he was the middle of making out with one of them. One of the girls stood up and walked towards me, a sly smile on her face.

“Came to join the party?” she asked, putting her arms around my neck. Myungsoo didn’t even notice me, too busy kissing the girl.

I easily pushed away the girl and walked up Myungsoo. I grabbed him by his shirt collar and pulled him off the sofa.

“What the ?!” Myungsoo yelled. His words were slurred and his breath smelled like alcohol. It wasn’t easy for Myungsoo to get drunk since he has such high tolerance at such a young age. He must’ve drunk a lot of hard liquor.

“Say good bye to your friends. You’re coming home with me,” I said roughly, dragging the drunk kid out of the room. Myungsoo weakly resisted but he was too drunk to do much.

“I can handle it from here,” I said to my secretary at the entrance. With Myungsoo’s arm slung around my shoulders, I dragged him to my car. Before long, the kid was asleep in the car.

 

Sohee~

“How many times do I have to tell you kids?! Stop going around starting fights!” an old, grandfather-like teacher yelled at us. I was wearing a school uniform and was in what seemed to be the principal’s office. Standing next me was the boy I’d kissed in my earlier dream, wearing the same uniform as me, and getting lectured with me. I looked down at my hands and realized my knuckles were slightly bloody and bruised. I glanced over at the boy again and saw that his good looking face was a little bruised and his lip was bloody.

“We didn’t start it,” he said. “They started it, we ended it.”

The man sighed, “I know son, I know. But the way you two beat the absolute crap out of your fellow students… I have to yell at you two.”

“Sorry, we’ll try to go easier on them next time,” I said. The teacher gave me a tired smile and dismissed us.

Outside of the office, the guy took my hands in his and studied them.

“Sohee… be more careful with your hands,” he scolded softly. “You can't injure them. They’re meant for making music, not beating up annoying . Leave that to me.”

I smiled, “Sorry, sorry, I just got a little carried away. You know, I had the whole thing under control. You didn’t have to come. Just got yourself in trouble.”

“How could I just stand by and let you have all the fun?” he grinned, throwing an arm around my shoulders. “C’mon, let’s go home.”

 

My eyes flew open, my heart pounding loudly in ears.

Myungsoo.

That was his name.

The guy in my dreams.

The same guy that I’d met a few days ago.

Holy .

I stumbled out of bed and silently left my room. I cautiously walked across the hallway and peered inside the room across from mine.

Empty.

The room showed no sign of having a patient.

I slumped down onto the ground, leaning against the wall. The disappointment was overwhelming. Tears threatened to fall. I’d been so close. So close to figuring out this goddamn mystery called my life.

I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my face in my arms.

I hate this.