Day 23 (Thursday): Myungsoo, Sohee, Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

Myungsoo~

I pulled up into the Ahn’s driveway as it neared the promised time. I casually walked up to Ahn’s house and knocked twice softly. A moment later, Sohee opened the door, letting me in.

“Hey,” she said softly. Her voice was husky and her eyes were slightly swollen. Did she cry last night…?

“Let’s just get this over with,” I sighed, letting her lead me to the office. We stopped in front of a tall door with a passcode lock on it. I pulled out a device, hooked it up to the lock, and let the program run. After a moment, the lock clicked open.

“We have an hour before the cleaning lady comes,” Sohee said, cautiously opening the door.

“Are there any security cams?” I asked, worried as we stepped inside.

“I already messed with them to just show the same view for the next hour,” Sohee said, trying the first drawer of the desk. It was locked. Just as I was about to step in, Sohee pulled two bobby pins out of her hair and expertly began picking the lock, effectively opening it.

“Don’t worry about me,” she said. “Start on the cabinet.”

I couldn’t help but to smile as I walked to the other side of the room.

 

Sohee~

I shifted through countless files, searching for something useful. I looked through the top two drawers without success. But when I got about halfway through the third one, I knew I had hit gold.

There was file after file about CC, a detailed profile on every family member and on Myungsoo, and one for Jaebum. My heart tightened when I saw Jaebum’s smiling picture and I quickly tucked it away into my bag.

Just as I stood up to tell Myungsoo that I had found what we needed, I heard something outside. My eyes widened and I looked at Myungsoo. He quickly stepped outside and came back a moment later.

“No one’s there…”

I checked the time. We still had twenty minutes.

“I got the files. We just need to copy them,” I said, rushing to the printing machine. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach and I just wanted to finish this. We quickly ran the papers through the machine and Myungsoo took the copies.

After straightening everything out to leave no evidence, I escorted Myungsoo out to the door.

“Stay safe,” Myungsoo said. “Please…”

“I know,” I smiled up at him. “You too.”

He bent down and quickly gave me a peck on the lips and was gone.

 

Jaebum~

I couldn’t concentrate during any of my morning classes. My thoughts were on Sohee and Sohee only. Finally, when lunch came around, I just gave up and called myself out. As I drove myself to Sohee’s house, I thought to myself how much I had changed since I had met Sohee. Before, never would I have imagined just leaving school to see the girl I like.

I knocked on the door but no answer came. I was about to pull out my phone to call Sohee when I noticed that the door had been carelessly closed so that the lock hadn’t settled into place. Worry suddenly gripped my stomach and I entered the house. I cautiously walked through the house, wondering if something was going on or if I was being paranoid again.

When I reached one of the hallways, something caught my eye. President Ahn’s office door was open. That door was never open. Debating 911, I slowly crept up to the room. When I glanced over the door, what I saw made my blood drain.

Myungsoo, Sohee’s guy, was looking through one of the cabinets. His dark hair was falling into his face, covering a bit of his features but I knew it was him. I was sure. Did he break into the house? But just as I was about to take action, Sohee popped out from behind President’s desk, holding a stack of files. My eyes widened and I hastily stepped back, carelessly dropping my phone. Holding my breath, I quickly scooped up my phone and turned the corner, away from the hallway. I silently left the house and went back to my car, wondering what exactly I was supposed to do. Thoughts were rushing into my head, and I was slowly starting to realize something.

The suspension. It had to have been planned. Sohee had purposely gotten herself suspended to stay the day home. Home alone.

As I watched, the front door opened and Myungsoo and Sohee stepped out. He said something to her and she smiled up at him. He bent down and gave her a quick peck on the lips before leaving.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t know how to react.

Numbly, I drove back to school, somehow making my way to the principal’s office. As soon as President Ahn saw my face, he knew something was going on.

“What’s wrong,” he asked stiffly.

And I proceeded to tell him everything I just saw and realized.

Sohee and I were done.