Day 18 (Friday): Jaebum, Sohee, Myungsoo

Love Is A Trick

 

Jaebum~

I gingerly held Sohee’s small hand, pulling her into a small café. It was cold outside and I didn’t want her out in the cold for too long.

“Oh man, it’s so cold outside,” Sohee said, warming her hands with her cup of coffee. “And it’s only November…”

“What time are your parents coming back home?” I asked. Sohee had snuck out since her parents were working late tonight.

Sohee shrugged, “Not anytime soon. Seriously, they’re both such workaholics.”

“Wanna come over to my place?” I teased.

“Can I?” Sohee asked, tilting her head. “I’ve never been to your apartment.”

I sighed, “If your parents found out…”

Sohee frowned, “Why’re you so afraid of them? You’re more afraid of them than me.”

I looked down at my coffee, “I’m just worried that they might make you break up with me.”

Sohee’s hands encircled mine, “Do you really think I’d break up with you for such a silly reason?”

I smiled sadly at her. My whole existence in Sohee’s life was a lie. Just thinking about the day that Sohee finds out…

“Cheer up,” she said, flicking my forehead and effectively breaking my train of thoughts. “Can we go walk around for a bit?”

“You were just talking about how cold it was,” I mused.

Sohee ignored what I said and stood up, buttoning her pea coat. We tossed our empty cups and exited the café.

“I wish we could see the stars,” Sohee said, looking up at the sky as we walked. “It’s so cloudy.”

“Maybe it’ll finally snow,” I sighed, glancing at Sohee’s innocent face looking up at the sky. We reached a fountain, currently empty, and stopped walking. The streets were empty, but streets light dimly lit up the path and stores had welcoming signs.

“You look cold,” I murmured, turning to face Sohee and cupping her rosy cheeks. I took off my thick infinite scarf and wrapped it around her.

“But you’re cold now,” she said, her voice slightly muffled.

“I’m fine,” I laughed lightly. Sohee opened to say something but froze, her eyes travelling up. Her face lit up with a delighted smile as tiny snowflakes fell from the sky.

“Finally,” she breathed, her eyes bright with excitement. I didn’t even look up at the snow. I was already too mesmerized by Sohee’s face. I put my arms around my waist and hugged her tightly. Sohee’s gaze shifted from the sky to my face and she reached up onto the toes to kiss me.

 

Sohee~

I stretched up onto my toes and kissed Jaebum. As I closed my eyes, the familiar image flash came.

I was on an ice rink, holding hands with… Myungsoo. I could just barely make out his face and it was the same guy I had met at the hospital.

“You at ice skating,” I laughed, tugging on his hands until he was standing close to me.

“Shut up…” he growled, but there was a small smile on his face. Just as he put his arms around me, light, fluffy snowflakes began falling from the sky.

“First snow!” I exclaimed happily, hugging him tightly. Myungsoo laughed lightly, cupping my face with his hands. He slowly leaned in kissed me softly.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jaebum looking back at me, his face only a few centimeters away from mine. The feeling I felt… I don’t know how to describe it, but it definitely wasn’t happiness.

 

Myungsoo~

I looked out the window and saw white snowflakes drifting down.

“First snow…” I breathed, fogging up the window. I rested my forehead on the cold glass and thought about my kiss with Sohee. I missed her so much.

Just a little bit longer. Just a little bit longer until I could see Sohee again.