Day 1 (Sunday): Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

 

Jaebum~

“This is the girl,” Director Ahn said, handing me a manila envelope. He had his usual stony expression. Sometimes, I wondered if he even had emotions.

Director Ahn looked at me expectantly, so I opened the envelope and pulled out the contents: a few pictures of the girl, Sohee; a year book of my school; and sheets and sheets of information about Sohee, her birthday, hobbies, favorite foods, talents, etc.

“The doctor said she’ll probably be waking up in about a week. I want you to visit her the day after she wakes up,” Director Ahn told me. “You need to memorize everything about her by then. Also, she’ll start attending AJ Arts Academy when she’s discharged. I’ve already gotten everything set up within the school, so it’s your job to help her regain her memory and find out the code. Remember Jaebum, the sooner you find out the code for us, the sooner you can debut. I have high expectations for you, Jaebum. I chose you specially since you were the top of your acting class; don’t disappoint me.”

I nodded, keeping my poker face on.

“You’re dismissed,” he said coolly, and I stood up. I bowed deeply and left the room, the envelope in hand.

Once I was out of the principal’s room, I dropped my emotionless façade and groaned loudly. I yanked on my tie, loosening it. As I walked through the hallways of my school, AJ, several girls yelled out, “Oppa~!”

I gave them all a friendly smile and wave, making them squeal even louder. Once I reached the parking lot, I rolled my eyes and sighed. I climbed onto my bike and slipped on my helmet. I revved the engine loudly and sped to my apartment. My mind was full of thoughts about my task. One day, I had been called to the principal’s office. There, Director Ahn, the principal and also the boss of AJ Entertainment Company, had told me about what I had to do in order to debut early. I’m currently a third year student at AJ Arts Academy and also a trainee under the company. My dream was to become a famous actor and I’ve been working for that goal since I was in elementary school. Now, I’m the student council president of my school, and the top of the acting class. Whether this is good or bad luck, I’m not sure, but I was given a short cut into debuting as a main character in a new drama to be produced by AJ Ent. Just that the task I had to complete was… Something I was not looking forward to.

Director Ahn had made me swear to never say a word about the plan, saying he would make sure to silence me and hunt down my family. Did that sound like a joke? Well it ing didn’t when he said it. And the plan that he told me after made me have nightmares. It helped me realize how messed up this world, especially the Korean entertainment world, was.

AJ Ent. has a famous rival entertainment company, CC Ent. The head of CC Ent. is Choi Jaewon, and he and Director Ahn aren’t exactly on good terms. The two have been known to be rivals, but I had never known how intense the competition was between them.

Today, a spy for AJ crashed the Choi family’s car. The parents were instantly killed, the older brother disappeared, and Sohee, the youngest in the family, survived, but with a severe case of amnesia. Director Ahn’s goal is to find out the code to unlock all CC Entertainment’s data, information, and stocks. He’s decided that he would fool Sohee into believing that the Ahn family is her actual family. He’s set everything up so that Sohee will end up in a new life. Once her memory comes back, he’ll probably keep her imprisoned in her ‘new life’. Where do I come into play? Well I’m supposed to play the act of her boyfriend. According to Director Ahn, I have to become the closest person to Sohee and help regain her memory faster. He had decided that since I was an actor, I would be up for the job. The deal was that as soon as they found the code, I would be able to debut.

 

Once I was in more comfortable clothes, I sat on my couch and looked through the contents of the envelope again. For the next hour or so, I memorized everything there was to about Sohee. When I reached page five, I groaned in mental exhaustion. I stretched out on my couch and grabbed the pictures of the girl.

*Well, at least she’s pretty…* I thought, staring at one of the pictures. It was the best one out of the bunch in my opinion. She was leaning against a piano, smiling happily. Her long, black hair was in a high ponytail, revealing that she had bleached the inside of her hair. She had really big, cute eyes and a small face, making her look pretty and cute at the same time. But according to the information sheet, she had a really tomboy personality from growing up with her older brother and a guy childhood friend. It also showed that she was thin and not too tall, 5’4”, but was also pretty curvy. In the physical aspect, she was perfect.

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling too tired to make myself dinner. Soon enough, I was asleep.