Day 1 (Sunday): Myungsoo

Love Is A Trick

 

Myungsoo~

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. I felt so incredibly bored. For the past hour, I’d just been lying in my bed, throwing a tennis ball against the wall. Normally, I would’ve been with either Yongguk hyung or Sohee, my closest friends, but they were currently at a family dinner.

I sighed again, probably the fifth time in the last ten minutes. This was so sad. I was a nineteen year old high school senior, and I was spending a Friday night by myself on my bed. I was the dictionary definition of a friendless loser. I sighed once more.

Suddenly my phone rang and I leapt up. I grinned when I saw that it was Yongguk hyung and quickly picked up the phone.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Myungsoo, it’s started,” Yongguk hyung said quietly. Instantly, my blood went cold and my heart pounded unevenly.

“Okay, where are you?” I asked, trying to keep my voice even. I grabbed a light jacket and hurried out my apartment to my car.

“On the I-72. I’m at the cliff. Come quickly; police will be arriving soon,” hyung said. I got into my car and screeched out of the basement parking lot.

I finally dared to ask the dreaded question, “Did… Anyone else survive?”

Yongguk hyung was silent for a moment before he whispered, “… No, everyone’s dead.”

My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat. No. No, this couldn’t be happening.

I stepped even harder on the gas pedal, and the engine growled loudly, “I’ll be there in five.”

I threw my phone down on the passenger seat and pounded my fist on the door. I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep from screaming. Within moment, I could taste blood, but I couldn’t even feel the pain. My whole body was going numb.

Sohee was gone. Forever.

Tears stung my eyes and I fought to keep them from spilling.

Sohee, I’d known her before she could even walk. While we had grown up like siblings, I’ve had feelings for her for as long as I could remember. A couple days ago, I’d finally gotten the courage to make the first move and had kissed her. I put my fingers to my lips. I still remembered her soft, warm lips on mine. A whole new wave of emotions crashed down on me, threatening to pull me deeper into madness.

I arrived at the spot in less than ten minutes, and Yongguk quickly climbed into the car. He was mess; soaked from the rain, clothes tattered, and bleeding from a cut on his head. His eyes were pitch black, their usual playfulness gone. Silently, I drove back to my apartment.