Day 10 (Saturday): Sohee, Myungsoo, Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

 

Sohee~

I couldn’t sleep all night. The image of the room with the piano kept appearing in my head and I couldn’t stop hearing the sounds of the piano in my head.

God, this was annoying.

So as soon as I heard the nurses rumbling about the hospital, I slipped out of my room and went to the piano. I sat down and lifted the cover then just stared at the keys for a while. I wanted to play so badly, but for some reason, I was afraid to.

Finally, I gathered the courage and pressed one of the keys. The note rang out fully and beautifully. I closed my eyes and this time, I welcomed the bright invasion of images.

In front of me was a boy, who looked to be about thirteen. I was smaller, around seven. We were in a dance room with a polished wood floor and mirrors on every wall.

“Watch this, Sohee,” he grinned at me. He turned the music on began doing a dance routine, extremely good for his age.

“I’m good, right?” he grinned when he finished, slightly out of breath. I smiled and nodded happily. “Dad promised me that I can be an idol when I grow up. Then, I can help him with the company…”

The image slowly blurred away and when I opened my eyes, I saw the familiar surroundings of the hospital. Before long, a searing pain entered my head, making it hard to do much thinking about what I’d just seen.

I waited about ten minutes for the headache to become just a dull, throbbing pain. Then, I stood up to head back my room. Jaebum had promised to visit soon.

Slowly I began walking back to my room. Maybe this hadn’t been such a great idea. Now I would have to hide my headache and try to act happy in front of Jaebum.

When I finally reached my room, I sighed, glad that I was able to actually make it. My headache had worsened in the short three minute walk. Just as I was about to open the door,  someone caught my eye. I turned around and saw a guy standing in front of the room across from mine. His eyes were wide and he looked pale and shocked, like he’d just seen a ghost. But despite his expression, I could tell right away that he was one heck of a good looker.

But that wasn’t it. As my eyes focused on his face, my headache worsened. I blinked hard, trying to think clearly. Why did he look so familiar? Who was he?

“Do I… know you?” I asked hesitantly. This wasn’t good. My vision was starting to blur. The pain in my head was intensifying. I couldn’t take it much longer.

Just as I thought my knees would give away, the guy jumped forward and bear hugged me, holding me very close. For a moment, I was very shocked, but quickly, my muscles relaxed. This warmth, this scent, it was all familiar. But the headache never went away. I felt my body trembling as my breath quickened. This was bad. This was really bad.

 

Myungsoo~

I woke up around eight thirty with a stiff neck and an about to explode bladder. I’d fallen asleep in the chair next to Yongguk hyung’s bed, explaining the stiffness of muscles. Hyung on the other hand, was sleeping like a baby; I bruised up one.

Quietly, I stood up and headed for the door, desperately needing to go to the bathroom. I carefully slid the door open and glanced both ways of the empty hallways; just feeling slightly paranoid. After all, I was in hostile territory. Just as I was about to step out of the room, my eyes fell onto the nametag next to the door across the hallway.

Ahn Sohee.

For a moment, I froze, but then I sighed. It was just a coincidence. Sohee was a pretty common name these days.

But just as I closed the door behind me, I heard footsteps approaching me. I casually looked over to see who it was and when my eyes met the person, my heart stopped.

Sohee.

I was frozen in place, unable to breathe, unable to think, unable to move.

Was I hallucinating from stress and fatigue? That must be it.

Step by step, she came closer and closer until she reached the room labeled Ahn Sohee. Just as she was about to open the door, she turned around and looked at me, trouble in her eyes. The same eyes I had stared into so many times.

“Do I… know you?” she asked, sounding troubled.

It was her voice. Unmistakably her voice.

Before she could react, I lurched forward and wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her soft hair. Her small frame was so familiar in my arms, her scent, her everything just overwhelmed me.

Suddenly, her body began shaking and her breathing quickened. But before I could even step back, strong arms jerked me away from her. A fist hit me square in the jaw, knocking me back into the wall.

“Who the hell are you and what the do you think you’re doing?!” someone growled at me, his hands tightly clenching my shirt collar.

 

Jaebum~

I caught myself smiling stupidly while I took the elevator up to Sohee’s floor. Freaking… what was wrong with me. I was acting like a total idiot. No. I was becoming one, I swear.

But soon enough, my thoughts drifted to Sohee again and I couldn’t stop that smile from appearing again.

I seriously wanted to slap myself.

I stepped off the elevator and took a deep breath. I needed to regain my cool. No way could I ruin this now. My dreams and my future were depending on this. No way was I going to let my stupid emotions get in the way.

I slowly walked through the hallways to Sohee’s room. Just as I turned the corner into Sohee’s hallway, I froze in place, unable to believe what I was seeing. In front of Sohee’s door, a guy had his arms wrapped completely around Sohee’s engulfing her small frame.

Fury suddenly roared through my mind and I forgot about all the self control I had practiced earlier. I reached them in a couple quick steps and I tore the guy away from Sohee, immediately following up with a punch to his jaw that knocked him back.

I roughly grabbed his collar and spat, “Who the hell are you and what the do you think you’re doing?!”

The guy didn’t answer me. Instead, he just stared at Sohee.

Oh boy did that piss me off.

I pulled back my arm to sock him again. But before my fist could make contact, his hand shot out and stopped it. That was shocking. He’d blocked my punch while blindly staring at Sohee.

“Okay,” I muttered under my breath. “Either you leave us alone or I call security.”

For a moment, the guy showed no response, then nodded once before stiffly walking into the room across from Sohee’s.

“Are you okay?” I worriedly asked Sohee. Judging from her face, she was obviously not.

“I hate this…” she whispered, her eyes slightly unfocused. “Everything… Everything’s a lie…”

Her knees suddenly gave out and she collapsed. I managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

“Sohee! Sohee?!” I yelled, panicked. Her face was pale and she was unconscious.

A dreadful feeling was beginning to settle in my stomach.