Part II: Day 10 (Saturday): Myungsoo, Sohee, Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

 

Myungsoo~

When I went back into hyung’s room, he was awake and sitting upright in his bed.

“Hey,” he called out to me, his voice rougher than usual.

“Hyung! How could you do this to me!” I almost screamed. “How could you lie to me like that?”

Yongguk’s face was full of confusion.

“I know she’s alive,” I said quietly. But my voice steadily got louder. “And do you know how?! She’s in the ing room across the hallway!”

The color in hyung’s face was slowly draining.

“So… Hee… is?” he struggled to ask, pain ripping at his face.

“Yep,” I snapped. “But for some reason, her nametag says Ahn Sohee. Ahn. So you lied to me saying she’s dead. And now, I find her with a differently last name. Oh, but not any last name. It’s Ahn. Ahn, as in like, I don’t know, AJ maybe, right? Yeah, I don’t think that’s too much of a coincidence. Do you have any ing idea how I feel right now?”

Yongguk was frozen and didn’t say anything.

“You know what, forget this,” I growled, picking up my jacket. I turned to leave. “Oh and by the way, you’re a ing bastard.”

 

Sohee~

“Wow… So pretty…” I whispered, looking straight ahead at the sunset. The setting sun was dying the river red, and we were sitting on a small bridge just a few yards above the water.

The guy sitting next to me distractedly agreed, “Mhm…”

I frowned, shifting my gaze from the sun to him. For some reason, I couldn’t see his facial features clearly, but he was someone I knew. Someone I was really close to.

“I thought you wanted to come here to watch the sunset…” I crinkled my eyebrows. “You’re just staring at me.”

His lips curled up at the tips, “Sorry… Just that the sunset really doesn’t look that amazing when I compare it with you.”

I jokingly made a disgusted face, “Ew… If oppa heard that, he would so beat the crap out of you.”

“Which is why you’re not gonna tell him,” he laughed lightly.

“Mm, maybe,” I mused. I turned my eyes back to the sun, which was now three-fourths gone.

“Hey Sohee…” he said again, his eyes trained on me.

“Yeah?” I asked, not taking my eyes off the sun. It was setting fast and I wanted to see it disappear.

“Sohee,” he said with more force, making me turn my head. As soon as I was facing him, his lips met mine. For a moment, my muscles were frozen and my shoulders were tense. One of his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. But soon, I relaxed as I let myself be carried away by the kiss as the sun slipped over the horizon.

 

My eyes flew open and I gasped as I realized I was again in my hospital room. I felt so… upset. The dream had been so vivid, and the kiss had been so sweet. And compared to the soft light of the setting sun, the bright lights of the hospital were rather harsh to my eyes.

“Sohee…?” a familiar voice asked. But it definitely didn’t belong to the guy in my dream.

Feeling suffocated by the blankets, I struggled to sit up. Jaebum put his arm around my waist, which made me flinch involuntarily. Compared to the touch of the guy, Jaebum’s touch seemed so alienated; something I wasn’t used to.

Suddenly, I realized that I might be able to solve a huge piece of the big puzzle that I would like to call my life. It was just gonna require a little test.

“Do you… Love me?” I asked quietly, looking up at his face, leaning in closer. Jaebum’s worried expression quickly turned into one of confusion. But before he could answer my rather abrupt question, I closed the tiny gap between us and kissed him. He was frozen in place for a moment, but he soon wrapped both arms around my waist.

But before he got too carried away, I pulled my lips away and whispered into his ear, “You’re not my boyfriend.”

 

Jaebum~

I anxiously watched Sohee’s face as she slept soundly. To an outsider, it might seem like she was sleeping peacefully, but to me, who’d seen her sleep for hours (I swear I’m not a ert…), I could see the differences. Her skin was even paler than usual and dark shadows fell under her eyes. Her usual silky hair was missing its shine and fell limp on her pillow.

Suddenly, her eyes flew open and she gasped loudly.

“Sohee…?” I asked worriedly as she struggled to raise herself into a sitting position. I gently put my arm around her and helped her up. She had a slightly glazed look in her eyes.

Suddenly without warning, she asked me, “Do you… Love me?”

But before I could decide how to answer, I was suddenly kissing Sohee.

My god, I kinda just died.

But I managed to regain self control. Somewhat. Then abruptly, Sohee pulled away. She turned her head slightly and whispered into my ear, “You’re not my boyfriend.”