Day 13 (Wednesday): Myungsoo & Sohee

Love Is A Trick

 

Myungsoo~

I woke up to a pounding headache. I was in my bed, wearing the same clothes I’d been wearing last night.

Oh god. Last night…

I remembered up to meeting up with some girls then going to a club and…

This was bad… I didn’t get drunk easily, but if I’d gotten drunk enough to not remember so much…

Wait… How the hell did I get home?

I got out of bed and stumbled out of my room.

Yongguk hyung was sleeping on my couch.

Oh.

I walked past him and went to get a cup of water and some Advil. I felt impossibly sick. I walked back to my room, stripped out of my clothes, and changed into more comfortable clothes.

“Awake?” came Yongguk hyung’s familiar husky voice from the door. “Are you feeling alright?”

I nodded stiffly, not sure how I was supposed to react towards him.

Yongguk sighed, “Myungsoo, I need to explain some things to you. I’d appreciate it if you’d give me a chance and actually listen.”

I clenched my teeth but I agreed. We walked into the living room and sat down.

“So obviously… Sohee is still alive,” Yongguk hyung began. “Let me tell you the whole story. On the night of the accident… Our driver purposely crashed our car. My parents were killed right away, but Sohee and I survived. I knew that the war was starting… so I did what was best for Sohee. I… I erased her memories.”

“You what?!” I demanded, furious.

“It was the best way to keep her safe. I gave her amnesia medicine that temporarily erases her memories. And as planned, the Ahn family took her into their family. Right now, they're trying to make it seem like she was their daughter the whole time. They're building a fake world for her right now. But of course, her memories are slowly coming back as the medicine wears off. Now this’s where Sohee’s job comes in. When her full memory is recovered, she’s still going to act like she believes the fake world the Ahn’s created. But secretly, she’s going to have to find evidence to prove that the Ahn’s were the ones behind our car crash. This’s the only way that we can prove the Ahn’s guilty.”

“Do you know how much she remembers right now?” I asked quietly. When she’d seen me, she hadn’t recognized me.

“Her doctor, Dr. Baek, is a spy for us. He says that… her memories are actually coming back really fast,” hyung said. “And she’s gonna be discharged today.”

 

Sohee~

“Ready to finally leave the hospital?” Mom asked, a smile on her face. She helped me into some normal clothes; jeans, a sweater, a thick jacket, and she wrapped a thick scarf around my neck. “It’s pretty chilly outside. Don’t want you catching a cold just after you leave the hospital.”

“Has it snowed yet?” I asked, looking out the window. The skies were a gloomy gray and I knew it was cold enough, but there were no signs of snow.

Mom shook her head, “Not yet.”

The door opened and Jaebum entered with a bright smile on his face.

“Finally leaving!” he exclaimed, hugging me.

I laughed, “I know, I’m so excited.”

“C’mon, let’s go. Director Ahn is waiting for us on the ground floor,” Jaebum said Together, we finally left the hospital and got into Dad’s sleek BMW.

“Sohee, when do you want to start school? Next Monday?” asked Dad as we drove home.

“Can I start tomorrow?” I asked, surprising everyone in the car.

“Unni! You want to go to school?” Eunji asked with wide eyes.

“Sweetie, you don’t have to push yourself. Why don’t you rest a little bit at home then start school?” Mom suggested.

I shook my head no, “I haven’t seen people my age for so long… I want to go to school as soon as possible.”

Haha, good joke. Truthfully, the only reason I wanted to go to school was just for the slight chance that I would be able to figure something out. But unfortunately, chances of me finding any clues was unlikely since Dad had transferred me to a new school, Jaebum’s school. His reason had been that he didn’t want me to experience any pain from not being able to remember any of the memories I had with my friends. He said he wanted me to build new memories with new friends. Bull . There was definitely some reason that he wanted me to transfer schools. And not just that, I really wanted to get away from this family. I mean, my family. Something about them… Was seriously driving me up a wall.

“Alright then,” Dad said. “If our daughter says she wants to go to school, nothing’s stopping her.”

“Thanks Dad,” I smiled brightly. “I love you.”