Day 14 (Thursday): Sohee

Love Is A Trick

 

Sohee~

“Welcome to AJ Arts Academy,” Dad smiled. We were in his office. Sitting next to me was Jaebum, wearing his spotless navy blue uniform, navy blue for third year. I was wearing a baby blue uniform since I was a second year.

“This’s your schedule,” Dad said, handing me an index card. “You’re in the same lunch period as Jaebum. While Jaebum takes you on the tour, he’ll explain the basics of how our school runs. Alright then, just come to my office if you need me.”

Jaebum and I stood up and left the room.

“So, you were student president?” I asked as he led me to my locker. “Why was I never informed of this?”

Jaebum shrugged, “It never came up I guess. Oh by the way… No one at the school knows that we’re going out… and… it might be better for you if we keep it that way.”

“Huh? Why?” I asked, opening my locker and taking a few textbooks that had already been placed there.

“I'm probably just being paranoid but… I don’t want to take my chances. Just trust me on this one,” Jaebum said.

“Alrighty,” I said. “Well Mr. President, take me on the tour please.”

Jaebum laughed lightly and led me around the school and began explaining how things worked.

“So as you know, this’s an arts school. Every student has two specializations. Yours are piano playing and singing,” Jaebum said.

“What are yours?” I asked.

“Acting and dancing,” he said. “Anyways, the morning half of school is for academics and the afternoon classes are for arts.”

“Okay, simple enough,” I said.

Jaebum took me to my first period classroom and knocked on the door. When the teacher opened up the door, Jaebum walked into the class, me following close behind. The moment the girls in the class saw Jaebum, their eyes widened with interest.

“Oh, is this the new student?” asked the elderly guy teacher.

Jaebum nodded, “Her name’s Ahn Sohee.”

“Well hello Sohee,” he said with a smile. “Welcome to pre-calc. I’m Mr. Park, your homeroom teacher. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?”

I turned to the class, “Hi guys, my name’s Ahn Sohee. I hope we get along.”

“Alright Sohee, you can sit in that empty seat in the third row,” Mr. Park said to me.

As I walked past Jaebum to sit down, he said under his breath, “Text me.”

I held back a smile as I sat down. Jaebum left the room and Mr. Park resumed the lesson.

 

“How were the classes?” Jaebum asked as I pulled the heavy textbooks out of my bag and put them in my locker.

“Boring,” I said, closing my locker and we began walking to lunch. “But I made some friends.”

“That’s good,” Jaebum smiled. “Are you hungry?”

I shook my head no, “Mom made me stuff my face this morning. Ate the biggest breakfast ever.”

Jaebum cocked his head, “Then you wanna skip lunch?”

I smiled, “And do what?”

“I have something to show you,” Jaebum said, a smile playing at his lips. He led me away from the crowd of students walking to lunch and we walked to a more isolated part of the building. At the end of the empty hallway, Jaebum stopped in front of a room.

“It’s a secret that I’m showing you this, alright?” Jaebum said. “This part of the building is off limits.”

I nodded, “Alright.”

Jaebum opened the door to reveal a small but clean dance room with a baby grand piano parked in the corner.

I laughed, “You always bring me to pianos.”

Jaebum pulled me towards the piano and sat down with me on the bench, “That’s ‘cause I love to listen to you play.”

“What do you want me to play?” I asked as I opened the cover.

“Anything,” Jaebum said. I smiled and began playing a simple but pretty tune.

A while later, Jaebum whispered into my ear, “Sohee.”

“Mm?” I said, turning my head to face him without stopping the music. Jaebum leaned in, closing the small gap between our lips. As the kiss deepened, my fingers slowly stopped moving until the room was silent. I put my arms around his neck and Jaebum hugged me tightly around my waist.

Even though our first kiss hadn’t ended so well… Jaebum hadn’t given up on his promise. His promise to ‘make me fall in love with him again’. He was definitely not Myungsoo, but Jaebum was something else. While I knew I cared a lot about this Myungsoo person, but right now, I was slowly falling for Jaebum.