Day 7 (Monday): Myungsoo

Love Is A Trick

 

Myungsoo~

“Do I have to do this…?” I whined like a kid. I was in Yongguk hyung’s car, driving from my school to the CC building. We were going to meet the other six members of my group.

“Yeah, ‘cause you kinda signed the contract last night,” hyung pointed out.

Ughhhhhhh…” I groaned. “I hate meeting new people…”

Hyung threw me an annoyed look, “Remind me again how you keep up your chic image at school…? Myungsoo, don’t worry. Soon enough, these boys will feel like family to you.”

“Doubtful…” I frowned. We reached the building and Yongguk parked the car. Yongguk led me up to the fifth floor, which was a restricted area, a place even I hadn’t been allowed to enter.

“This floor is where all our idols practice, vocal and dance,” Yongguk explained as we walked down a hallway with dance practice rooms on either side. He stopped at the last one and opened the door.

“Hey kids,” Yongguk grinned, walking in. I followed behind him. At the sight of Yongguk hyung, the six guys who had been lounging on the floor hastily stumbled to their feet and bowed. I smirked from behind hyung, amused at their attitude towards hyung. Two other guys were sitting in chairs near the wall. I was guessing they were the managers. They also stood up and bowed to hyung.

 “As promised, I brought the seventh and final member,” Yongguk said, pulling me forward to his side. “Everyone, this is Kim Myungsoo. Why don’t you give an introduction of yourself, then everyone’ll go around and tell you their name and age.”

“I’m Myungsoo, nineteen years old, third year at Sekyung High School,” I said simply and emotionlessly. The group of guys went on and introduced themselves. I listened without interest.

“I’m Sunggyu, twenty two, and I’ll be the leader of Infinite.” He had small eyes and a toothy, slightly nerdy smile.

“I’m Dongwoo, twenty one.” He had a rather blank expression, but he had very… un-typical Korean facial features. Eyes slanted upwards, high cheek bones, thick lips.

“I’m Woohyun, twenty.” Again, small eyes, but he was good looking.

“I’m Howon, but call me Hoya. I’m also twenty.”

“I’m Sungyeol, also twenty.” Damn, he was tall. He had big eyes and a childish face.

“I’m Sungjong, the maknae. I’m eighteen.” He had really girly features and an even girlier body. Then the two managers introduced themselves.

“Okay, okay, everyone sit down,” Yongguk said, sitting down on the wood floor. We all sat in a circle and Yongguk began explaining. “Since we have all seven members now, we’ll begin working for Infinite’s debut. As you all know, the debut will be in about three months. I know how mental that sounds, but I hand picked each and every one of you; I know you guys can do it. I’m not saying it’ll be easy, oh , it’s not even gonna be hard. It’s gonna be hell these next few months, but I hope you guys’ll be able to fight through it, because all that hard work will pay off.

“We already have your debut song and choreography prepared. Starting tomorrow, you guys will begin working on it. It’s gonna be rough since most of you guys don’t know each other well, but I believe in you guys to work together well.”

Yongguk hyung stood up, “That’s about it for today. Myungsoo, stay here and the managers will tell you guys more about your schedules. I’ll be in my office if you need me.”

Hyung left, and there was a moment of silence before the tension broke.

Damn, he’s so cool,” Sungyeol said with awe. “His voice.”

“Yah, you sound gay; stop having fantasies about Pres,” Woohyun smacked Sungyeol’s stomach. He turned to me, “But anyways, what’s your relation with him?”

“Oh, Yongguk hyung?” I asked. Their eyes widened at my casual reference to him. This was amusing. “We’re childhood friends. He’s like my older brother.”

“Eh? So that’s how you got in, huh?” Hoya smirked. “Connections through the Pres, right?”

“Hey, watch it,” manager hyung growled.

“What? I’m just sayin’. He looks like he’s not much good at anything…” Hoya taunted. “Well, he’s pretty good looking, I’ll give him that at least.”

Hoya watched me carefully, seeming to wonder if I would get mad. Too bad, ‘cause after a week of being an emotional wreck, I’d learned how to control my emotions to the extreme. Now, most things didn’t make me angry, happy, or sad. It was like my emotions had died with Sohee.

I just shrugged and said, “Who knows, maybe that’s the truth.”

Hoya looked impressed with my cool, calm reaction.

“Hehe, you’re cute~” Woohyun mused, throwing an arm around my shoulders. “Dun worry, I’m sure you’re really talented at something.”

I looked away and shrugged his arm off.

“But what do you specialize in?” Sunggyu asked. His earlier nerdy feeling was gone, replaced with slight cockiness and playful, joking humor.

I shrugged again, “I can do a bit of everything.”

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes. Wow, did not know his eyes could get even smaller. “How long have you been a trainee?”

“Officially? Zero. I just kinda grew up in this building. The Choi’s taught me all I need to know,” I said. “But can we start talking about the schedules and stuff? I want to go home…”

At that, the managers stopped talking to each other and handed us each a manila envelope.

“Everything’s pretty self explanatory,” manager hyung said. “Myungsoo, you can go home if you want. Enjoy your last day of freedom.”