Day 5 (Friday): Sohee & Jaebum

Love Is A Trick

 

Sohee~

“Sohee, you have a visitor,” the nurse said, raising up my bed into a sitting position. She went over and opened the door to let a guy around my age in. He was pretty tall and had bleach blonde hair in a messy side fohawk. Anyone would doubtless say that he was really good looking with his big eyes, sharp jawline, and natural playful expression. He was wearing a sky blue uniform, his tie loose, and had on clean, white high tops.

“Hi Sohee~” he said brightly, sitting down at the edge of my bed next to me.

I crinkled my eyebrows, “Sorry… But I lost my memories so… who are you?”

His eyes widened, “You really don’t remember me…?”

He leaned in close to me, our faces only inches apart, “Really, Sohee?”

I cringed back and shook my head no.

He pouted, “Sohee, I’m your boyfriend, Jaebum. Ring a bell?”

“My boy… friend? Jaebum…?” I asked, confused. The name was unfamiliar to my tongue. But boyfriend, huh? Damn, am I really popular enough to have a boyfriend this hot?

“Ehhhh, Jaebum? It’s oppa for you-!” Jaebum said playfully. “I’m two years older than you.”

I frowned. Something about the word oppa made me feel uncomfortable… “Did I really used to call you oppa…?”

Jaebum seemed a bit taken back by the question, “Yeah… why?”

“Never mind…” I said, shaking my head. I leaned back into my bed and looked down at my hands.

“So, how’re you feeling?” Jaebum asked softly, taking one of my hands in his.

I pulled back my hand and looked at him, “I’m sorry to say this to you when you came to visit me, but I think we should break up. That is, if we’re really dating. As I’ve already told you, I’ve lost all my memories. The only thing I can remember is my name. That also means all my feelings for you are gone. This is going to sound harsh, but I don’t love you anymore.”

Jaebum sat there silently for a moment, an expression of moderate shock on his face. Then suddenly, a charming smile appeared on his face.

“Then I have a solution,” Jaebum smiled crookedly. “You said all your feelings for me are gone, right? Well I still like you… So I’ll just make you fall in love with me again.”

Now this surprised me. It also made me laugh lightly.

“Okay, op-pa, I’m excited for this,” I smirked. My nurse re-entered the room, announcing that Jaebum’s time was up.

“See you tomorrow,” Jaebum smiled at me. Before he left, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek. He then shouldered his backpack and was gone.

 

Jaebum~

“Can I visit Ahn Sohee?” I asked at the nurses’ desk.

“Just a moment,” a younger nurse said without looking up. She began organizing some papers while I impatiently tapped my finger impatiently against the desk. I sighed loudly, trying to get her attention. With an annoyed expression, the nurse looked up at me. When she saw my face, her eyes widened with surprise, and a bright smile instantly lit her face.

“I’m so sorry,” she gushed. “How may I help you?”

“I’m here to visit my girlfriend, Ahn Sohee,” I said. “She’s in the restricted area, so can you give me a pass?”

At the word girlfriend, her face fell, and she gave me a slip of paper. I smiled at her, making her blush, then walked over to Sohee’s room. When I got to the restricted area, a nurse took my pass and led me to Sohee’s room.

I walked into the clean, quiet room. Sohee’s bed was propped up. She still looked tired and ill, but from up close, she looked even prettier. Her pale skin contrasted with her ink black hair, making her pink lips stand out more. Thick, long lashes framed her hazel colored eyes and she had sharp facial features.

“Hi Sohee~” I said with enthusiasm, sitting next to her on the bed.

Her eyebrows pushed together and she said, “Sorry… But I lost my memories so… who are you?”

Let’s get this show started.

“You really don’t remember me…?” I asked, widening my eyes. I leaned in close to her face and whispered, “Really, Sohee?”

She cringed away and shook her head no.

I made a cute ‘sad face’ and said, “Sohee, I’m your boyfriend, Jaebum. Ring a bell?”

Thatseemed to confuse her, “My boy… friend? Jaebum?”

She said my name slowly, seeming unused to saying the name.

“Ehhhh, Jaebum? It’s oppa for you~” I crinkled my nose. “I’m too years older than you.”

She looked disturbed, “… Did I really used to call you oppa…?”

What was the big deal about calling me oppa…?

“Yeah… why?”

“Never mind…” she said quietly, shaking her head. She leaned back into her bed and looked down at her hands.

Well this was getting awkward, fast. I needed to do something…

I held one of her hands and looked into her eyes, “So, how’re you feeling?”

Normally, girls would’ve melted at the spot. Heck, other girls would’ve just died at the fact that I was sitting this close to them.

But nope, Sohee decided to pull her hand away from me. Wow, .

“I’m sorry to say this to you when you came to visit me,” she said, looking steadily into my eyes. “But I think we should break up. That is, if we’re really dating. As I’ve already told you, I’ve lost all my memories. The only thing I can remember is my name. That also means all my feelings for you are gone. This is going to sound harsh, but I don’t love you anymore.”

What. The. ?! What did this girl just say to me? What the hell was going on…?!

For a moment, I considered just walking out of the room, but them I remembered my deal with Director Ahn. If I backed out now, I could just kiss my debut good bye.

And god, this was getting me fired up. She dare say that to me?

I put a girl-winning smile on my face, “Then I have a solution. You said all your feelings for me are gone, right? Well I still like you… So I’ll just make you fall in love with me again.”

That shouldn’t be too hard. Seriously, since when did I, Im Jaebum, ever have trouble making a girl fall for me? What a joke. This was gonna be too easy.

Sohee laughed lightly, surprising me by how pretty she looked when she smiled. Gosh… I needed to stop thinking about how pretty she was.

“Okay, op-pa, I’m excited for this,” she smirked jokingly. Her playfulness made me want to laugh with her.

The nurse re-entered the room, telling me my time was up.

“See you tomorrow,” I smiled. I turned to leave, but I abruptly my heels and leaned over to give her a quick peck on the cheek. With her stunned expression carved into my mind, I left the room.