20 - Perception

A Love Twist

¶ Jung Jihyun ¶

 

I arrived at Kim's house by bus a bit late because of the traffic jam. Just a few days before my deal with Myungsoo end. Should I happy about it? Actually I'm getting used with this job. *Therefore* he never really gives me burdens. He just too lazy.
 
Ah, right. I have to clear the misunderstood from yesterday. He should thought that I'm back to Sunggyu now. Everyone can misunderstood about it, I just didn't want him to.
 
I knock the main door, actually I have the spare key which Myungsoo gives to me, just in case he didn't wake up yet. Maybe I should use it now.
 
Before I could take the the key out, someone has open the door, but it's not Myungsoo, or neither Sunggyu. Of course  it isn't Sunggyu, he went works this time.
 
"Unnie!" The girl beams as she open the door. Isn't she the girl I met yesterday? Her name is...
 
I didn't have to hardly remember her name, someone has called it. Myungsoo comes and stands behind Haeri. "Haeri, where is my- Ah. Jihyun, you come? I thought you wouldn't come today."
 
What expression is that? Why I feel like he didn't pleased I come? But, the main question is, why Haeri is here too?
 
Before I could find the answer, Haeri drags me inside the house. "Come in unnie. It's not good to talking at the door, besides you have tasks to do, right?"
 
I looked at Myugnsoo who avoid my gaze. How can Haeri knows about our deal? He told me not to tell Sunggyu, and now he is telling Hari about this. I feel like betrayed.
 
"I will make the breakfast." I try to find the excuse to leave this situation and walk to the ktichen. I just didn't really like the atmosphare, I need some times to think and digest this things.
 
I know Haeri is Myungsoo childhood friends as Sunggyu has told me yesterday, but I can feel there's something more than that. They're not just friends.
 
"Woah, unnie! Your cook is daebak." Haeri spoon another bites of her fried rice. Why this girl is so cheerful?
 
I just make a simple fried rice, but I can see her compliment is down from her heart. Before I could thanked her, someone cut in. 
 
"Eh? I thought this is just an usual fried rice. What is the special point?" Myungsoo quips, but he keep eating the fried rice. I quickly pull the plate from him. "Don't eat then." 
 
Myungsoo tilts her head and blinked, he quickly pull back the plate. "You cook it for me, right? In case of appreciate people, I should eat it." 
 
This boy isn't changed. He still good at getting my nerve. Instead of ruins the eating time, I excuse myself to do cleaning and leave the table.
 
 
¶ Kim Myungsoo ¶
 
 
Actually it's not because her cook is not special. It just I have eat her cook everyday and I feel everyday is special, but there's no way I compliment her, she can get big head.
 
Then she excuse herself to do cleaning. Good, because I actually don't know how to react toward her.
 
"You like her." Haeri words stop me to spoon my breakfast. I looked at her in confusion. What just she said?
 
Haeri puts her cutlery and looked at me. "You like her, Myungsoo. Am I right?"
 
How... How can she know that? I don't think I have to tell her about this, it's my personal life. Although she is my childhood friend, I don't think I have to share everything. "What are you talking about? She is my brother girlfriend." 
 
She shook her head, "Myungsoo. Myungsoo. It's obvious, you know. The way you looked at her silently, your eyes is full of concern."
 
Is that really obvious? But why Jihyun doesn't notice it?
 
"And I could see she likes you too." Haeri nods in agreement as if she knows the secret of the universe.
 
This time she is talking something nonsense. "Look Haeri, you're right. I like her, but there's a thing you have to know. She is my brother boyfriend, so she will never ever like me. So stop making your own perception." 
 
"Kim Myungsoo, you have to know someting too. First, my perception is never false. Second, If it's wrong, I'll prove it to you for you believe it." Haeri gives me a serious look.
 
I stand up and leaving Haeri alone at the table. I hope she won't do something ridiculous. I know how she is.
 
But, inside my deepest heart, I hope her perception is true. I hope Jihyun likes me too. "Kim Myungsoo, you're helpless." 
 
____________
 
Author's Note.
 
For some readers who want to know about Haeri, I make this for you :
 
Name : Lee Haeri
Personality : Stubborn, kind, loves surprise, cheerful, hard-working.
She is Sunggyu and Myungsoo childhood friends. When she is 7, she moves to Japan and now she lives alone at the same building with Jihyun. Her parents is still in Japan.
Little secret : Myungsoo is her first love.