Lu Han's Kindness

I Love him but he Loves him (ON HIATUS)

 

                I was alone in the comfort room while washing my face because obviously, everyone is inside the canteen to have lunch. The mascara and eyeliner were hard to remove that’s why it took me more than five minutes to remove the make-up from my face. The lower part of my blouse is already wet because of the water splashing from the faucet. My hair is sticky because of the hair spray and when I looked at the mirror, the eyeliner and mascara spread all over my face and I look like a real witch!

                “Ommo!” I yelled and turned my back to the mirror. My towel is full wet so I used the clothes I was wearing during the pictorial to dry my face and hair. I carefully wiped my eyelids and cheeks and saw black stain on the shirt.

“Aigoo,” I murmured while looking at beautiful dress that is now ugly and dirty. I’m so disappointed! Why did I use these clothes as towels? I should think first before making such stupid acts.

                My stomach growled again but I can’t go outside with this horrifying face and dreadful uniform.

                “Eotteoke?!!” I’m so hungry and I want to eat. I don’t have extra dry uniform. For sure, everybody would laugh at me while walking to the canteen with this appearance. I need oppa’s help. Where is he?

                My body is getting weak and my hands are shaking so I sat on the floor and leaned my back on the wall. I closed my eyes and hope this sleep could satisfy my weak body.

                ………………………………………….

                I was about to fall asleep when I heard the door closed. My eyes opened widely and I stood up quickly to see if who came inside.

                “Hi,”

                My jaw dropped when my eyes saw Lu Han standing inside the girls’ CR.

                He’s carrying a small bag and a water jag with many three towels on his shoulder. He looked around the comfort room to check if there are other girls inside and when he saw that I am alone here, he smiled shyly and put the bag and jag beside the sink.

                I remained standing while he’s walking towards me.

                “You…you came…in the wrong pl-lace,” I stuttered.

                “But I came in the right time,” he answered and wrapped my shoulders with a towel. “Actually, I was planning to skip lunch today to read books in the library but I saw you running here with sad face so I followed you and waited outside until I heard you screamed ‘Ommo!’. I realized that there’s nobody here except you because it’s quiet, so I peeked in and saw you rubbing your face. You looked so hungry so I took my lunch box and bought a meal for you. I also brought towels here to help you clean and dry your face.”

                I don’t know what to say because of astonishment and my mouth is still open while looking at him.

                “Sorry for surprising you, Eun Min. I’m just worried about you that’s why I came here even if I’m not a girl,” he laughed shyly and pointed the small bag to me. “You’re hungry, right? I can see it on your face.”

                “Lu Han,” I said while looking at the bag, “Are we going to eat here?”

                He pouted and looked around the spacious comfort room.

                “Of course not,” he giggled because he figured out that CR is not the right place to have lunch. It loses my appetite. “We should eat inside your classroom right?”

                He carried the bag and water jag and ready to go out, but I stopped him and looked at me.

                “My face,” I muttered and looked at my reflection on the mirror.            

                Lu Han nodded and put back the bag beside the sink again, “It’s not a problem.”

                Unexpectedly, he carried me above the counter and gave me a stunning smile.

                I was a bit shy because he carried me so easily like I am not that heavy for him. He opened the faucet and I observed him while washing and squeezing the towel. His lips and eyes are smiling. I don’t know how to thank him for his kindness and efforts that he keeps on showing to me.

                He closed the tap and squeezed the towel again and walked in front of me.

                “Close your eyes,” he said and I startled when he put his other hand on my shoulder.

                My heart’s beating fast that it became hard for me to breathe.

                “Okay,” I whispered and slowly shut my eyes.

                He first cleaned my eyelids, cheeks and then, my whole face. Hopefully, when I open my eyes again the make-up will be totally removed from me ‘cause my face is starting to get itchy.

                Later on, when I felt the wet towel on my nose, I opened my eyes and saw Lu Han’s beautiful face. I can’t help myself from staring at his perfect eyes. He’s so handsome like Se Hun.

If I’m going to differentiate the two of them, Lu Han is a type of guy who will do anything to make me smile and comfortable even if he’s still shy at me; while Se Hun is a type of guy who can give me happiness and satisfaction just by looking at him and in fact, I go crazy every time I see him. So obviously, Se Hun still has the greater part of my heart and love.

                The good news: Lu Han likes me

                The bad news: Se Hun already loves someone

                Why did the result ended like that? Should I really need to let go of Se Hun and choose Lu Han instead?

                I don’t know the answer to my own question. It’s really hard for me to make decisions right now especially when it’s all about love.

                Lu Han paused cleansing my face because he noticed me looking at him. It was awkward so I looked down and apologized.

                “Eun Min?” he spoke and put down the towel.

                I looked back at him and smiled, “Yes?”

                He sat next to me before he answered.

                “Did somebody tell you how beautiful you are today?” he asked.

                I pouted and thought for a while.

                The unbelievable words of Kai flashed back on my head.

                YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL TODAY.

                Duh?!! That Kai is a big, big liar! What does he trying to do after saying those words to me?

                I’m a strong woman and I’ll never get myself defeated by his hilarious words even if he told me that I’m a goddess for him. Kai said that because he wants me to be confused and like him instead of Se Hun. In the end, he will tell me that all flattering words he said about me are all jokes and then, he will leave me hopeless inside his trap.

                Of course I will not let that happen because there’s no chance that I will love a jerk like him. From the very beginning, I can smell that Kai is not a good guy and he never likes girls because the only princess for him is Se Hun.

                He’s just joking a while ago. I’m beautiful everyday, not just today. He should know that.

                “Eun Min?”

                I focused back on Lu Han and I remembered his question a while ago.

                “Kwang did tell me that I am pretty today. He’s the photographer assigned to us,” I answered.

                “Did the pictorial go well? I heard your partner is Kai,” he asked.

                “The pictorial was okay,” I nodded. “I thought it would take an hour to complete the process but truthfully, one hour is not enough to finish the photo shoot so it’s really exhausting.”

                “Really?” his face was surprised.

                I nodded again and put away the towel around my shoulders because my blouse is almost dry.

                “You should eat now, Eun Min. The make-up’s gone,” he jumped from the counter and washed the used towel before drying it. And then, he looked at my hair, “Let me comb your hair first.”

                I didn’t speak and handed my pink comb to him.

                He started tidying my long and messy hair carefully and I can’t stop myself from smiling while observing Lu Han doing such things like this for a girl like me. He’s so sweet and kind, right?

                Meanwhile, I noticed Lu Han got tired from combing my hair, “The hairspray keeps the strands of your hair tangled. Maybe you need to shower.” He told me while trying his best to fix my stubborn hair.

                “No need to shower,” I put down his hands and took my comb. “Rinsing my hair is enough.”

                I lowered my head into the sink and opened the faucet. The strong pressure of water came out from its mouth and I started washing my own hair.

                Later, I felt Lu Han’s hands on mine and I paused from what I’m doing and looked at him.

                “Let me do that for you,” he offered with sweet voice.

                Again, I was not able to speak because of his kindness so I put down my wet hands and let him wash my hair.

                The feeling was good and different. Lu Han makes me happy and confident despite of my worried feeling.

                I want to be with him always because I feel no shame anymore, just like the feeling I’m experiencing every time I’m with Se Hun too. Both of them give me enough comfort.

                ………………………………………………..

                I heard my stomach growled again and I know that Lu Han heard it too, so I giggled and looked up at him.

                “Sorry, my stomach keeps on complaining since pictorial,” I apologized and smiled shyly.

                He took another towel and dried my hair, “You’re really hungry. Let’s go.”

                I wrapped my hair with the towel and looked at my normal face on the mirror. Thanks to Lu Han for cleaning my face.

                He carried the small bag and my used clothes with him and opened the door slightly to check if there are students outside.

                I took the towels and the water jag and followed him outside.

                We hurriedly tiptoed in to our classroom and shut the door before anyone could see us.

                I sat on my chair and Lu Han on D.O.’s chair. He brought out two lunch boxes from the bag and I smelled the roasted chicken! I covered my mouth to avoid myself from drooling.

                “Ta-da!” Lu Han exclaimed once he opened the containers.

                He gave the meal for me and poured hot gravy around the chicken and handed me the spoon and fork.

                I love chicken! This is delicious, very, very delicious! My angry stomach can’t wait to see and digest this food. Yummy!

                “Did I choose the right meal for you?” Lu Han, who is only eating ddukbokki, asked me.

                “You did, Lu Han. You did,” I answered happily and gave him two-thumbs up.

                The two of us started to eat quietly because we’re both hungry especially me. And honestly, I look like a monster here devouring a very delicious chicken even if I’m eating with a well-behaved person.

                All I can say is THIS IS PARADISE! I’m now eating a chicken! My stomach and I are already satisfied with this food!

                “Here’s your water Eun Min,” Lu Han gave me a glass of water but I didn’t look at him because I’m busy finishing my food.

                ………………………………………………….

                I was the last to finish my lunch. Lu Han is a fast-eater even if he had more rice and vegetables on his lunch box than mine. My body got recharged and I feel stronger. Thanks again to Lu Han for giving me an amazing food.

                “So tell me what bothered you a while ago,” he asked me in the middle of silence.

                “Excuse  me?” I tried to understand his question.

                He smiled and faced me, “You looked sad while running towards the comfort room. Did someone hurt you?”

                Now I remembered Kai again. I’m hearing his words again and my head’s starting to ache because of irritation.

                “Eun Min are you alright?” Lu Han touched my arm and I went conscious again.

                “I am,” I answered.

                He sighed and spoke with serious voice, “Something’s really bothering you right now. Can you tell me the problem please? I can’t take it when you’re not smiling.”

                Lu Han is a good friend so it’s okay to share my thoughts with him.

                I looked slowly at his cute eyes and pouted, “Actually, I have this enemy who hates me so, so much that he likes it when I was put in shame or in danger. He’s totally a bad guy to me. But when that enemy of mine saw my face with make-up a while ago, his hurtful words vanished and changed into flattering words which is really surprising and rare.”

                “Oh,” he nodded. “You look so pretty every day and I’m sure all boys here would not stop seeking you if they saw your face a while ago. That enemy of yours would repent for treating you as his enemy. Maybe he feels so sorry about himself because of what he has done to you.”

                “Or maybe he feels so angry to himself right now because he said to his enemy that she’s beautiful,” I contradicted. “Do you think he’s just kidding? Actually, that bothers me so much.”

                “He’s telling the truth because you’re really beautiful. That’s not a lie,” he complimented.

                Aww…he’s so sweet! Why did my heart choose Se Hun if there’s always a Lu Han beside me?

                “Thanks. And I hope that enemy will be awake in reality after eating his lunch,” I said shyly and smiled again.

                He pinched my cheeks and I got surprised.

                “You’re so cute,” he said while laughing.

                I continued to smile shyly and hopefully, I’m not blushing in front of him.

                I removed the towel on my head and he started cleaning the table. I put the wet towels and my clothes inside the paper bag and I also comb my hair and pinned my bangs.

                “Thank you Lu Han for everything,” I said.

                “I’m just doing the right thing, Eun Min. I want you to be happy always,” he smiled too and winked. “I’m very happy everyday because I never expected that the girl I admire is getting closer to me. I will not let others hurt you, I promise.”

                “To your kindness and sweetness, all I can say is thank you,” I answered and pinched his soft cheeks too.

                “We both laughed while pinching each others’ cheeks and nose and we look like a real young couple doing romantic stuffs like this inside the classroom without anybody seeing us.

                I go hyperactive again because of the roasted chicken and all I can do now is smile big and laugh loud with my new best friend Lu Han.  He is not just as sweet as the chocolates he gave to me, but also a kind guy like a real angel.

                …………………………………………………

                In the middle of our laughter, the door widely opened and the two of us stopped from playing and looked at the door.

                “Chanyeol,” I said and stood up quickly.

                He is breathing terribly like he was being chased by a dinosaur or something scary because his eyes are so big.

                “What’s wrong Chanyeol?” I walked in front of him and touched his arms.

                He gasped and looked straight at me, “Baekhyun…” he paused and breathed deeply.

                I got shocked when he mentioned Baekhyun and I can sense that something bad happened to him.

                “What happened to him, Chanyeol? Tell me!” I shook his body and started to panic.

                Lu Han came beside me and tried to calm my anxious expression.

                “Calm down Eun Min,” Lu Han said and took my hands away from Chanyeol. “Chanyeol, tell us what happened.”

                “Baekhyun collapsed at the canteen. We…we took him at the clinic. Until now-”

                I pushed him aside and ran hurriedly to the clinic.

                The happiness I had with Lu Han just vanished and I’m now worried about Baekhyun.

 

END OF CHAPTER 21

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper loooooooooooooooong chapter. But don't worry guys, the next would be better. Thanks again for reading! I love you!

:)