Se Hun's Short Story

I Love him but he Loves him (ON HIATUS)

 

            “It’s not good for you to be alone here,” Se Hun took his handkerchief from his pants’ pocket and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

            I can’t stop myself from staring at his handsome and beautiful face. My jaw almost dropped when he’s touching my face. He’s so gentleman to me and I couldn’t do anything but stare at his precious eyes. My heart is jumping and screaming because of joy. I blinked my eyes repeatedly to see if this is reality or I am just dreaming.

            “Se Hun?” I slowly touched his soft cheeks. Oh my gosh! I can really touch him! I want to shout to the whole world that the person I like is in front of me right now. I am not dreaming. This is true.

            “Hi Eun Min,” he smiled which made me became weaker. “Who made you cry?”

            “You’re so beautiful,” those were the only words my mouth uttered in front of him and I cannot say anything because of amazement.

            He laughed shyly and kept his handkerchief, “I’m glad I have a friend like you. You know, you’re the only girl in this school who likes me so much. Thank you.”

            “Is that enough for you to like me too?” I asked, nervously.

            He bit his lips and looked away from me.

            The wind continued to blow sweetly and I let my hair dance with it. My eyes were fixed on Se Hun while waiting for his answer.

I find happiness looking at Se Hun because everything about him is perfect; his face, voice, smile, character and attitude. Maybe I should not consider the day when I saw him and Kai kissed. That’s not a big deal to me anymore. He’s my ideal type. What matters now is that I am with him alone in this high ground. I will treasure this moment.

            “So I think you already found my favorite place in this school,” he said and looked at my eyes again. I was half-embarrassed when he changed the topic because I know he still doesn’t like me and the only person that he will love forever would be Kai. It hurts me so much, but I told to myself not to give up because someday I can show to him the true meaning of love.

            “The rooftop?” I asked and smiled for a bit.

            He nodded and my heart almost fell when I saw his bangs being brushed away by the wind. He’s too cute and adorable!

            “I love staying at high places like this because it relaxes my stressed and worried mind,” he explained. Now I know one fact about him. “I can also see the people down there while doing their own businesses. I found it funny while watching them; some are happy, others are sad; some are alone, but others are chatting with their friends.”

            He stood up and he helped me to stand too and we looked down the school building. There are few students walking and roaming around like there are no classes going on.

            “If I were given a talent of writing, maybe I am now writing a short story about these people,” Se Hun smiled and played his fingers.

            “You can write short stories even if you’re not fond of writing,” I told him. “People can do many, many things if their heart and mind are willing to do that thing. All you need is perseverance and faith to yourself.”

            He didn’t answer and looked at me like I said the wrong thing. There was a long silence so I smiled to him and he ruffled my hair. I like it when he’s doing that to me. We’re like a couple dating on the rooftop. :)

            “Why are you so kind to me?” he asked while his fingers are playing my long hair.

            “It’s because I like you, Se Hun,” I answered instantly. “Do you not still believe me? How many times should I say to you that I really, really like you? Do I look like joking?”

            “I’m afraid you’re just hurting yourself when you said that, Eun Min,” he put down his hand and his smile was gone. “Why do you still like me if you already know that I love someone?”

            “It’s because I know your mind and decisions will change,” I said and held his arms. “Someday you’ll realize that you and Kai don’t fit to each other anymore. I mean, your relationship with him is limited. Both of you are just friends, period.”

            Se Hun smiled again like he found me joking about him and Kai, “You’re so unique.” And yes, he changed the topic again and my face turned really serious. “You’re different among all the girls here.”

            I didn’t speak but I was flattered when he said that to me.

            “All girls here like Kai so much except you. All of them hate me so much except you,” he pointed me and smiled.

            My lips started to smile too.

            “May I ask you a question?” I asked him.

            He nodded.

            “Why do those girls hate you so much?”

            Our faces got serious except for the wind that keeps on playing with our hairs.

            “It started during our sophomore years,” he looked above the sky like he’s trying to remember the start of his story. I moved closer to him and listened. “Kai and I are best friends since grade three. We love playing and sharing toys inside their mansion. When we grew up and graduated, Kai was afraid that I would study in different school and our friendship will end. He became so dependent on me, and I feel the same,” he smiled for a bit and I know he’s thinking of Kai right now. “Of course I didn’t let our friendship stop during that time. Together, we searched for a school that would give us more happiness, and we ended up enrolling here.”

            “Then?” I asked because he paused from talking.

            “Kai is a very handsome and smart guy that’s why the principal chose him as the model of Seoul Performing Art High since the first time she saw him,” he continued. “That was the time when the girls noticed his charismatic personality and they all fell in love with him even the fourth year girls. He got so many admirers not only in this school but even in the net and social networking sites,” he smiled again like he’s prouder than Kai. “One year passed until the girls witnessed my first kiss with Kai. We’re not yet aware that he really gained popularity in this school and he has so many followers. Some girls saw us inside the library kissing and-”

            “Wow,” I stopped him from talking because the more he says the word “kiss”, the hairs on my arms raise and it’s really appalling. “Now I know why the girls hate you so much, all of them are super jealous of you, right?”

            “Bingo,” he answered and smiled at me.

            I didn’t smile and looked away from his eyes, “I know you’re so happy doing that thing but I’m not buying your love story. Your story is just giving me pain, Se Hun.”

            “I’m sorry but I was just sharing my story to you. Aside from Kai, you’re my important friend whom I can trust my stories and secrets. The only girl in this place who I can talk to is you,” Se Hun put his hand above my shoulder and I shrugged. “Do you still like me after hearing my story?”

            I didn’t answer for a moment because the tears are starting to form inside my eyes and I’m trying to stop it from falling.

            “Yes,” I whispered and nodded. I told to myself to stay strong and never give up from loving Se Hun because if I did, it will just hurt my whole personality and emotions.

            “Very well,” Se Hun took my right hand and I looked straight at him with teary eyes. “I think we’re so late.” He looked at his wristwatch and I saw that it’s already 1:30. We’re late for exactly 30 minutes!

            “Ommo! We should go now!” I jumped and started to worry.

            Se Hun was laughing because of me, “It’s okay Eun Min. You’re with me.”

            I stopped from panicking and looked at him.

            He just told me not to worry because I’m with him! What does he want to say? It sounds really romantic.

            “I’m with you,” I calmed and held his hand tightly.

            Together, we came down silently so that no one can hear us and notice us even if all of the students are already inside their class rooms.

            Now I know where I can find peace of mind. I just found it on the rooftop with Se Hun. The stress, worry, madness and sadness that covered me a while ago just vanished only because of Se Hun. 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 14

Sorry syahmiiey for keeping you waiting for the next chapters. I have no enough time to update the chapters these days because I'm busy about doing some things. But I still hope you'll love reading my story. I'll try to update everyday. :) Kamsa Hamnida to you and to my readers!