Oppa's Choice

I Love him but he Loves him (ON HIATUS)

 

                “Hi guys,” Baekhyun said.

                “WHAT?!” oppa rushed inside and took Baekhyun away from me. “You have the nerve to say hi to me after kissing my sister?!”

                “Oppa!” I tried to put away oppa’s hands from Baekhyun’s collar but he pushed me away and punched Baekhyun’s face. Chanyeol and Kris broke the fight and tried to calm my oppa. Su Ho and Lu Han helped me to stand and kept me away from the guys.

                “Your jokes are not funny anymore, Byun Baekhyun!” oppa yelled and keeps on pushing away Kris from his way to Baekhyun.

                “Chanyeol, get him out of here,” Kris said while controlling oppa’s anger.

                “Stay away from me Kris,” oppa said. “That kid needs to be disciplined.”

                Chanyeol hurriedly took the weak Baekhyun outside the classroom and shut the door. Kris let go of oppa and they both looked at me.

                “That guy is not good for you,” oppa said and pointed the door. “He has no manners and respect!”

                Su Ho scratched the back of his head and he feels shy because Baekhyun is his friend. Lu Han has shock eyes while looking down on the floor because he can’t believe that someone will do that thing to me. But I am the most shocked person among us. I don’t know what will I say or do or explain or shout or whatever in the middle of this situation. There are so many questions roaming inside my head and all of those are about Baekhyun, Baekhyun, and Baekhyun. Do guys do that whenever they feel super hurt after knowing that the girl they love loves someone? Do they just kiss the girl they love without asking for permission? I DON’T KNOW if what Baekhyun was thinking before he kissed me.

                “I am so sorry, Eun Min,” Su Ho said. Those words are supposed to be uttered by Baekhyun and not by him. “I told you that Baekhyun’s getting more stubborn these days and the only reason is you. His emotions already exploded and that’s why he kissed you.”

                I cannot answer because there’s no need for me to speak.

                “So immature,” oppa said and walked to me.

                “Don’t worry Jae Jin, I’ll talk to him later,” Su Ho showed his smile and bowed in front of me. “I should go back to class now.”

                “Tell Ms. Hye Mi that I can’t attend her class because an emergency came up,” oppa said.

                “How about your bag?” I asked him.

                “I’ll go get it,” Lu Han volunteered and gave me a friendly smile. “Wait for me at the school gate.”

                Su Ho carried Baekhyun’s bag and the three of them went outside.

                I looked back at oppa with apologizing face.

                “We should go too,” he said and got my bag.

                I closed the door and followed him.

…………………………………………….

                We’re now outside the school’s gate with our bicycle and just waiting for Lu Han.

                I cannot talk to oppa nor look straight at his eyes because I know he’s also mad at me for letting Baekhyun do that “thing” to me. I stayed quiet beside him and pouted.

                Later, Lu Han came with two bags. He gave the bag of oppa and smiled.

                “You’re leaving class too?” oppa asked him.

                “Yes,” Lu Han nodded. “I want to go home with you,” he looked at me while saying that.

                Oppa agreed and we sat on the bike.

                Lu Han took my bag from oppa’s arm and I looked at him, “Let me carry your bag.”

                I thought oppa would refuse, but he handed my bag to Lu Han and nodded.

                “My bike is still inside,” Lu Han said. “I’ll just follow you.” He ran inside the school to get his bike.

                Oppa drove the bike while I’m sitting behind him and waiting for Lu Han.

                ……………………………………………

                We got home fast and safe. Oppa parked the bike on the garage and opened the gate. I stayed outside to thank Lu Han for carrying my bag.

                “If you need some help or comfort, I’m always here for you,” he said like he’s my boyfriend. But I found it sweet so I gave him a shy smile.

                “Thank you, Lu Han. I never thought that you’re the secret admirer.” I took my bag and hugged it. “And sorry about what you saw a while ago.”

                He’s just smiling and nodding.

                “Why didn’t you tell me earlier,” I asked him. “That you’re the guy who wrote a message on our board?”

                 

“Because I was so shy and not yet ready to face you again,” he answered shyly. “             I don’t know how to speak in front of you and I was afraid to approach you because you’re always surrounded by guys.”

                “Oh,” I said and thought of my friends.

                “That’s why I used my friends to give my gifts and letters for you,” he continued.

                “Friends,” I repeated. “Who are your friends?”

                “I have many,” he said. “but the people I consider best friends are Jae Jin, Su Ho, D.O., Tao, Se Hun and you,”

                “Se Hun?!!” my voice was loud and I got embarrassed.

“Is there a problem with Se Hun?” he asked.

                I calmed myself because I don’t want him to know that I have a crush on Se Hun. I’m afraid he would get mad at Se Hun too like Baekhyun.

                “Are you a fan of him or a hater like the girls in our school?” he asked me.

                I shook my head, “None of the above. Se Hun is just my classmate.”

                Lu Han nodded and looked straight into my eyes, “Do you admire someone already?”

                The atmosphere got serious and awkward when he asked me that kind of question.

                I breathed deeply and answered him, “Yes but I cannot tell you his name.”

                “Is it Kai?”

                “No it’s not Kai!” I said with wide eyes.

                “Then I wish it’s me,” he joked.

                We both laughed.

                “I’m so happy to have a chat with you,” he told me while smiling. “At first, I thought our conversation will end during first day of school but luckily, our friendship improved when we met again. I hope this will last forever and,” he paused and touched my cheek. I moved an inch away from him because I’m afraid he would kiss me too but he chuckled and put down his hand. “I want to be your boyfriend someday.”

                My jaw dropped when he said that and I don’t know what to answer or respond. Thankfully, oppa came and stood beside me.

                “Thanks kiddo,” oppa thanked Lu Han and smiled for a bit.

                “It’s okay. I should be going now,” he bowed in front of us and looked straight at my eyes. “Bye Eun Min.”

                “Take care,” I whispered and walked inside the house, leaving the two of them outside.

                Later, oppa came in too and closed the door.

                “Do you like him?” he asked me while I’m preparing milk.

                I just smiled because I don’t know what to answer.

                “If I were you, I’d rather choose Lu Han than Se Hun,” he said and jumped on the couch.

                “You’re getting annoying again, oppa,” I rolled my eyes at him and stirred the milk.

                “Aren’t you happy because I’m not angry anymore?” he asked without looking at me.

                I just pouted and headed to the stairs.

                “Lu Han is a very kind man. He can give you happiness,” he said before I stepped on the stair. “I vote for him.”

                I sighed and closed my eyes, “Let me decide.”

                “Okay,” he said and I heard that he opened the TV.

                I went straight to my bedroom and closed the door.

                I lay down on my bed still wearing my uniform and socks. I placed my bag beside me and opened it to get a book.

                Surprisingly, my hand got a box of chocolates from my bag and it has a letter attached on it.

                I opened the envelope and read the letter.

 

                MY DEAREST EUN MIN,

I hope you like the chocolates.

I’m sorry ‘cause I was not able to introduce myself to you earlier, but now we’re friends so I hope it’s now alright and I also hope you’re happy to see your secret admirer.

I just want to say that you’re the most beautiful girl that my eyes ever saw in this world. I know it sounds funny, corny and ridiculous, but I’m just telling the fact.

Yeah, I want to say good night to you and have a very sweet dream while you’re sleeping.

-your admirer,

Lu Han

P.S. Please look outside the window after reading the message.

 

                I got up quickly and opened the window of my bedroom.

                I saw Lu Han standing beside his bicycle and holding a cardboard.He waved his hand to me and I smiled.

                He turned around the square-shaped board decorated with red hearts and smileys and there’s a short message written on it:

                SARANG HAMNIDA, LEE EUN MIN!         

                Lu Han’s face was shy but he was smiling to me.

                My heart was beating fast and I felt something indescribable inside me when I saw Lu Han’s smile, like there’s an electric shock inside me.

                I asked myself if this is love or just an infatuation.

                I was thinking of oppa’s words a while ago about his view of Lu Han and he wants me to choose him instead of Se Hun.

                Lu Han is a sweet guy and I think he could give me more happiness and satisfaction than Se Hun because he likes me. But, do I need to give up from Se Hun and focus on Lu Han? I still don’t know if I’m ready. Lu Han is oppa’s choice but right now, Lu Han is one of my choices. I’m starting to like Lu Han and I’ll let the destiny guide me to the right guy.

                “Thank you, Lu Han,” I said and waved a hand to him. 

 

END OF CHAPTER 15

:)