Love at First Sight

I Love him but he Loves him (ON HIATUS)

 

               “Eun Min, wake up!”

                My sleepy head received a pillow attack from someone which ruined my Monday morning. I threw away the pillow and saw oppa grinning at me.

                “Uurghh…” I sighed and went back to sleep again.

                Later, another pillow was thrown again to me and this time I stood up on my bed and threw all my stuffed toys and pillows to oppa. He tried to defend himself by avoiding my flying stuffed toys and pillows, but it’s useless because I am good at throwing things especially if I have a target. The bed room became messy and I was so annoyed because oppa started all of these.

                I jumped down on the floor and walked outside, pushing oppa away and rolled my eyes at him. I heard him laughed but I didn’t mind to look at him because my stomach was complaining. I went downstairs and yawned while stretching my arms. I smelled my favorite breakfast ever, pancakes. I ran to the dining area and saw dad waiting for pancakes too while reading newspaper. I sat beside him and he greeted me a good morning. Oppa went down too and joined us in the table.

                “Sorry,” he apologized to me with a smile.

                Actually, oppa is a very good and kind man and I love him so much. What we’re doing a while ago is just for fun. We like throwing soft stuffs to each other every morning to wake up our sleepy heads. Unfortunately, I was the one who woke up late so he won. Nothing serious about that, just for fun.

                I looked at him and smiled too. Of course, after the battle one should say sorry and the other should smile.

                Dad took a sip from his hot coffee and put down the newspaper he’s reading.

                “Are you two excited for the first day of school?” dad asked excitedly like he’s the one who’s going to school.

                Oppa and I looked at each other and waiting for someone to answer dad’s question.

                Talking about our “new school” gives me a nervous feeling because oppa and I are both transferees at Seoul Performing Arts High School. Oppa’s a senior and I’m a junior. Our former school (I don’t like to mention its name) got bankrupt which sounds very funny because the tuition fee there is really expensive. All of the students there were forced to find another school for the next school year, and unfortunately we’re one of those students. The summer vacation gave us all headaches because instead of enjoying the vacation, we’re searching for a school that can give us better education and never experience bankruptcy. The day came when a friend of mom came to our house for a visit. In the middle of their happy conversation, mom asked the lady if she knew a high school that would fit for our smart brain and talented body (yeah, that’s how mom describes us to others). Oppa is a very good singer and guitarist; I am good at singing too but I’m better at the field of sports especially volleyball. Well, back to mom’s story, her friend recommended to us this Seoul Performing Arts High School. She said that her cousin who is now a trainee of JYP Entertainment graduated from that school. It sounds cool but I don’t want to be a trainee of any talent agencies here in Korea because I want my volleyball skill to be known in the whole world, not dancing and singing. I don’t like dancing because simply, I cannot dance. I find Girls’ Generation’s dance steps amazing but after practicing their “Gee” steps for so many times, I still can’t perfect it so I gave up. In the end, mom went to the school and found it interesting because it has a big school ground, clean environment, good quality of its education and teachings. She enrolled oppa and me in that school and yes, this is the first day of school. I’m nervous, not excited.

                Oppa nodded to dad and they both looked at me.

                I sighed and pouted, “Seriously, I’m so nervous today.”

                “I understand you, honey,” mom said and put the plate of pancakes on the table and sat beside oppa. “But I’m sure you’ll meet new friends there. You’re not alone, oppa is always beside you.” She tapped oppa’s shoulder and oppa smiled to me. I didn’t answer and started eating the pancakes before dad devoured all of it.

                     ..........................................................................................................................................................................

 

                After so many preparations and reminders from mom and dad, oppa and I went outside the house with our school uniforms. As usual, the skirt is short again but I’m wearing high-socks. Oppa’s slacks is color black and his white polo shirt is patterned with a long black necktie.

                We put our bags on the basket of the bicycle and oppa started to drive while I’m sitting behind him. Mom and dad waved their hands for us and told us to take care.

                While riding, I leaned my head on oppa’s back and closed my eyes. My heart was beating faster like it’s going to explode because of nervousness. I felt my palm sweating. I bit my lips and tried to concentrate. Omo! That school is a new world for me. I think the students there are real geniuses and for them, I just look like a kindergarten who needs to learn more things. I hope and wish they don’t match with my imagination because if they do, I will force myself to get out from that school whether mom likes it or not. I miss my friends and classmates from my bankrupted school. I hate that school so much.

                “Eun Min,” I felt oppa’s hands on mine and I opened my eyes. We stopped in front of a very huge gate with gigantic school building inside. Students were walking inside with their friends and they seemed to know each other so well.

                “Oppa,” I didn’t let go of his hands and my knees were shaking that’s why I’m still sitting on the bicycle. I want to go back home because I feel so shy here.

                Later, I heard oppa laughed, “Come on Eun Min. It’s really exciting to explore this school. Look at those girls, they look friendly. Stop hiding, okay?”

                I shook my head and just leaned on his back. I want all of them to be gone first before I stand up and step on this school. I don’t care if oppa got mad at my stubbornness. I’m so shy okay? I was just half-relieved because no one is looking at us but of course there were others who noticed us with our bicycle. I covered my face and stood up slowly.

                “I hate this day, oppa,” I said and I didn’t move. I waited for his answer but there’s no answer. I uncovered my face and looked behind. Oppa was gone!!!

                I searched for him everywhere but because of so many students around I cannot see him. Where is he?!! My eyes were so big and I am going to cry because I feel so lonely. I looked like a crazy lady in front of this school because I keep on turning and turning around to find my lost oppa. I am so unfortunate today! I knew this was going to happen! I want to shout oppa’s name but the people here look very educated and elegant. Help me, God. I want to disappear from this place.

                “Okay,” I said to myself and breathed deeply. “Act normal, Eun Min. Act normal.”

                I lowered my head while walking because I started to cry like a child. The shining shoes of the students were the only things I can see.  My mind keeps on shouting oppa’s name because I’m so lonely without him.

                Later, someone poked my back and I thought it was oppa so I turned around and punched his shoulder badly.

                “Op-”

                I slowly lifted up my head and a guy with hurt face looked at me. He’s massaging his shoulder that I punched and he looks terribly hurt by me. I covered my mouth because I punched the wrong guy. He’s not oppa! I’m so stupid! I told to myself to act normal but I didn’t obey myself. Uuurgghh…

                “I’m so sorry, sir. I—I thought…” I was stuttering because of embarrassment. It’s just the first day of school and I brought trouble to this guy and to myself. Oh Eun Min! You’re really annoying!

                “I’m alright, miss. It’s okay. You’re a good boxer, I can see it,” he said and smiled to me. I thought he’s going to punch me too but he looks friendly and kind like my brother, but this guy is more handsome. “You’re new here right?” he asked and stopped pressing his shoulder. I just nodded because I can’t speak properly in the middle of this awkward moment.

                Meanwhile, someone spoke through microphone and called all the students’ attention to gather on the school ground for orientation.

                “Great,” the guy with heart-melting smile said. “The spotlight is on you today.”

                I don’t know what he’s talking about “spotlight”, but I followed him because I don’t want to be alone again.

                     ..............................................................................................................................................................................

 

                Students were scattered at the big, big school ground with a long and wide stage on its center. I saw the lady who looks like the principal on the stage and speaking through the microphone.

                The guy looked at me and asked for my hand, “Let’s go?”

                I want to give my hand to him but mother told me not to trust a stranger. I don’t even know his name so why should I trust him? Well, this guy looks very friendly and kind so why couldn’t I trust a guy like him? He’s cute and handsome.

                I looked again everywhere for oppa but still, I cannot see him.

                If I didn’t go with this guy, I’m going to be forever loner in this huge place, so the best thing to do is to give my hand to him.

                     ........................................................................................................................................................................

 

                We stopped in front of the stage and waited for other students to settle down behind us. The guy is still holding my hand even if it looks awkward for me because we look like a couple, but it helps me to calm and relax. I was just worried about oppa, I hope he also got some friends to make him calm too.

                Later, the principal-looking lady spoke again with high-pitched voice, “A happy morning to all of my dear students especially to the five new students here.” The guy gave me a smile because he knows that the lady was referring to me and to the other students. “My name is Mrs. Choi, the principal of Seoul Performing Arts High School and I am so glad to see your fresh faces again.” I was right, she’s the principal of this school. Her smile is sweet and beautiful so I think she’s not a strict principal. “May I call on our campus’ model and topnotcher Kim Jong In also known as Kai?”

                I was surprised by the cheers and yell of the students especially the girls when Mrs. Choi called the campus’ topnotcher. It seems like I was in the middle of Super Junior’s concert because the people around me cannot stop from shouting and clapping their hands. That guy is so lucky to have many fans from his school.

                “That’s Kai. He’s indeed a genius, super model and a very good dancer. He can do many amazing things that other boys here can’t do. Guys envy him so much except me,” the guy beside me said. “The girls like following him everywhere like he’s a celebrity or singer. Even outside the comfort room, you can see group of girls waiting for him to go out. I think he has no privacy everywhere and that’s hard.”

                I nodded, “Yeah, that’s the disadvantage of being a popular person.”

                “That’s why the school hired security guards for him, so the girls will have limitations. I hope you won’t be part of those girls who keep on following and talking about Kai all day.”

                I pouted and looked straight at Kai. He gave a shy smile to everyone and waved a hand. Screams were getting louder and I think my ear drums are going to explode. That Kai looks ordinary guy and he’s not attractive to me.

“He’s not cute and handsome.” I told to the guy. He just smiled and pointed his finger to the cutest guy standing quietly beside the stairs of the stage and clapping his hands for Kai.

                “That’s Se Hun, Kai’s super best friend.”

                I cannot take away my eyes from the guy named Se Hun because of his handsome and angelic face. His appearance is really attractive and beautiful. He’s like an angel from above and I can say that he’s more handsome than Kai. My heart beats so fast not because of nervous but because of Se Hun. It feels like the time stopped and Se Hun was the only one moving. My focus and attention was on him. I cannot think properly when I saw him smiling like that. Am I in heaven already?

                “Excuse me, miss?” the guy shook my shoulder and I just heard my name being called repeatedly by the principal. “I think the principal is calling your name. Go up there.”

                “Oh sorry,” I nodded but my eyes were still on Se Hun.

                The guy raised my hand and my dreaming mind got awake. I saw everyone looking at me.

                “There you are, Lee Eun Min. Come here. Don’t be shy,” I saw Mrs. Choi smiling at me. Se Hun was also looking at me and I cannot move because I’m so shy to go to stairs because my crush was there!

                Fortunately, someone took my hand and I saw oppa, my hero! I was so happy to see him again and he just saved me from nervousness. Thank God.

                We walked to the stage without me looking at Se Hun.

                “This guy is a new student too. Are you two a couple?” Mrs. Choi asked oppa while looking at the two of us.

                We both shook our heads and oppa answered, “Lee Eun Min is my younger sister. I am Lee Jae Jin, a transferee to this school too.” He smiled to everyone and we both bowed.

                “A very nice brother you have,” Mrs. Choi told me.

                The students clapped their hands for the five of us. I was the only girl among the transferees and I know this would be tough for me but I just need to trust myself and avoid the nervous feeling.

I saw the guy who has a beautiful smile in front of the stage and he’s looking at me while clapping his hands. I gave him a slight smile as my show of gratitude. I looked back at Se Hun and saw him looking straight at my eyes too. I was shocked so I looked away from him and felt my heart beating rapidly. From that time, I realized that I am a victim of love-at-first-sight.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 1

Yay! I think the first chapter is boring. Hehehe ..  Anyway, thanks for reading! Love yah ! Please wait for the other chapters. :)

Next Chapter's Title: New Friends...and Classmates