The Moment of Truth

Back To Korea [Sequel - Trip To Korea]

 

 
 
 
[Jei's POV]
 
 
Press Conference Day.
 
After 3 days of idling...I finally made my decision. Mr. Hong told me to do it my way. I don't know, maybe he's just testing me. You think??
 
 "Jagiya~ Let's tell them the truth, ok?" I just stared at him. The truth between us??
 "Are you nervous?" I shook my head. "That's my girl." Mianhe oppa. I have to do what I think is right.
 
We went to the venue holding hands. When we were near the door, I pulled my hand away from his that made him stopped and looked at me.
 
 "Oppa...If they ask ME, just let me do the talking okay?" He just stared at me while waiting for my explaination.
 
 "You'll understand me right?" I added. Finally, he smiled at me and nodded.
 
 
 
 "Jei-ssi, what kind of relationship you had with B2ST's member Lee Ki Kwang?" They all have the same question. The press people is in front of me with those photographers that kept on clicking their camera. Fans are standing while waving at the second floor. B2ST's other members with other staffs are at the glass door behind those reporters watching us.
 
This is it Jei. Do it on your way.
 
I took a deep breath first and smiled at them.
 
 "Lee Ki Kwang and I ..."
 
 
 
 
 
[Kevin's POV]
 
*Kkkksssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!~~~~~
 
 "Yahh!! What happened!!!" We all screamed in disappointment. The issue between Jei and Ki Kwang is trending on the internet. We are now watching their press conference inside manager's office. But the signal went kkkkkksssshhhhh!!!
 
 "Yaaaah!! What now???!!"
 
 "I think it's better." We all looked at AJ with a 'HUH' look.
 "Our Kevin won't be hurt anymore." He grinned.
 "I'll be hurt if I didn't know the real truth!" I know...I'll be hurt if I knew IT. But I have to know, to stop myself from hoping. I also want to know how it hurts. NYAHAHAHA! So martyr!
 
 
 
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I don't know if he's exaggerating or what. Locking inside the room is not a funny thing to do after announcing to the city that they're childhood sweetheart and friends. Just only friends. We haven't heard her side yet and he's acting like he was expelled on his beloved school.
 
 "I guess, we're the only buddies who knows that Ki Kwang is courting her." Doo Joon said.
 "Is he dumped already?" Dong Woon asked. Dumped?? Is that it?? Is it the reason why he's acting that way?
 "Yah. You're smiling." JunHyunggie whispered to me. I try to compose myself. Hope the others didn't notice it.
 
 "It's so obvious dude, why don't you tell her?"
 "I thought, she likes Ki Kwang.."
 "What? Haha." He chuckled. "Jei likes Ki Kwang?? We all witnessed how she wants to vommit whenever Ki Kwang is teasing her."
 "Yeah, ...... maybe."
 "Hey. Just tell her okay?"
 
 
 
 
 
[Jei's POV]
 
 "I think it'll be better if we just stay like what I said." I finally said as I gazed at the sky. 
 
We are sitting at a bench in the rooftop of the company. He's not talking to me since the press conference. I understand him...I know she didn't like what I said to the press. But I hope he would understand my decision too.
 
 
[Now Playing -- Turn Around by Joo -- youtube is so slow this time, I can't put the link. Please play the song first to feel the emotion.]
 
He's just swaying his feet on the air while ripping the leaves of the plant beside him. It's obvious ... that he wasn't on focus this night.
 
 "Let's stop this. I don't want to ruin you or your company." He stopped at what he's doing. NBut still no response.
 
 "I'm sorry but--"
 "You're not ruining anything."
 "Lee Ki Kwang..."
 "Who told you to do this huh? The president?!" Still not looking at me. But his voice rise up a bit.
 "No. It's my decision."
 
Silence greeted us again.
 
 "Yah.." I tried to get his attention but still...no response.
 "Oppa, talk to me."
 
All I can hear that night is the crickets chirping. and even the wind blowing...until...he sniffs. Is he crying?? Oh God!
 
 "...Am ....I not enough??" I looked at him but he avoided me. His voice is shaking. I can't believe I'm hurting a guy like him! It...breaks my heart when I saw a tear escaped from his glands. Lee Ki Kwang... Mianhe. Cheongmal mianhe.
 
 "WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH ME?!!" He shouted. "Huh?" Then his voice became soft.
 "You're not the problem--"
 "Then why are you doing this to me! Jei-ah...Am i not enough? What should I do? I'll do everything just... just, not this. P-please..." He looked at me with pain in his eyes. Not enough?? That's not true. You did almost anything just to make me happy... But, I can't stay like this anymore. 
 
 "I don't want to get in your way... I also want to focus on my work and studies first." Is that the real deal Jei-ah? Should I tell him the truth? But, he'll be hurt.
 "Don't you love me?" So straight forward. I was taken aback by his question. I looked at his eyes. I can't stand it. Tears finally fell from my eyes too. I want to say 'yes' but whenever I want to say it, my chest hurts.
 
 "Jei-ah... you don't love me, do you?" His voice is full of disappointment, sadness and pain as he let go of my hand. 'Oppa, I love you. As your closest friend. But more than that? There's no love at all. Everytime I'm with you, there's something missing. Maybe we loved each other in the past. But my heart is not cooperating anymore. I don't even know why I have to let you go... I just feel the need to do it.' I wish I could tell him that. But no words wouldn't come out.
 
 "So... that's it?" He's crying. Please don't cry. It hurts me too. Am I selfish??? But I am affected.
 
 "Arraseo." He wiped his tears and stood up. He looked at me and tried to smile. But It just hurts him. He failed to smile and yet another tear showed up. I stood up and faces him.
 
 "Can we... at least be friends?" I looked at him after wiping my tears.
 "Are you stupid? Do you think I can be friend you after this?" I bit my lip trying to stop myself from crying. Why does it hurt like this?
 
 "It's alright. I'll wait for you to cool down." I managed to smile. But deep inside I was hurt too. I want to end this but I didn't expect this to be dramatic.
 "Fcuk Jei. Don't smile. Don't let me see that you're happy with it. Please."
 "M-mianhe. Mianhe oppa~ I didn't mean to hurt you like this." My smile fades. I don't know what kind of expression I should show to him. This is not OKAY! But I have to stop pretending.
 
He hugged me for almost 5 minutes. The last 5 minutes...
 
 "Mianhe. Cheongmal."
 
 
Then he kissed my forehead.
 
 "I understand. What I don't understand... is why can't it be me?"
 
 
 
WAAAAH!!! Jei!! You're such a heartbreaker!!!!
I hate writing this chapter.. ;((