Jei?!

Back To Korea [Sequel - Trip To Korea]

 

 
"Good morning newbies. First of all, we would like to blah blah blah blah..."
 
We had so much fun yesterday and now we're on work. But before that, we are going to have a 2 day seminar inside the conference room of the MBC. You know, an introduction to the company and familiarizing stuffs.
 
The speech was interrupted by a man in suit who entered the conference room.
"Uhm...Are, Ms. Babasoro, Ms. Derilo and Ms. Merdiega here?" Now, let's count how many trainees are in here. Hmm.. not that much... i think--- wait...I just heard my name?!?
"Yes sir?" Cherry raised her hand.
"Oh, there you are. The division manager asked the three of you in his office." The three of us stood up and followed the man.
 
"You're the youngest trainees so far. That's why you have different tasks from the others." The manager started. Since you still don't have your fourth year studies, I will assign you in assisting the lower-level managers. Just think of it as a game. We're going to have promotions every month if...you really deserves it. Are you in?" He grinned.
Is this some kind of a joke? I mean, think of it as a game?! The heck! Does that mean, we don't need to get serious of our tasks? We're here for a training Mr. Manager!
 
His big smile faded when he saw my face. A face that needs an explaination.
 
"Everything happens in the right time." He smiled. Is he talking to me?!?
 
 
 
 -x-x-x-
 
 
We proceeded to the nth floor where the studio of Music Core is found. We were given directions by the director and run some errand. Geez...is this the job of an BSA student? Oh well, everything happens in the right time..
 
"Everything happens at the right time." What is that supposed to mean??!
 

 

*BAAAG!

 

 
"Ouch!! Darn, that hurts." I rubbed my sore as I cursed softly.
"Sorry! Here let me help you." I reached for his hand since I really need help. Wait -- his?!
"It's ok. It's my fault anyway. I'm spacing out." I said, as I shook the dust in my pants.
"I had a fault too. I'm not looking at my direction." He said as he remove his sunglass. "I'm Kibum by the way...but I prefer Key most of the time. Hehe~"
"I'm Jei." We shook hands. "Are you...an artist?" He pouted. "W-why?"
"Do you know SHINee?" He asked.
"I heard of them...but I don't know the members." Again...deja vu. "Could it possibly that...you--"
"Yep! hmm...too bad you don't know me." He pouted again like a kid.
"Sorry." I rubbed m hair...felling embarrassed.
"It's alright. Now you know me." He winked.
"Yeah, guess so." I chuckled.
"So, where are you heading to?"
"Studio **...The director told me to bring this." I showed him the chip I was holding inside the case.
"Oh...you're a staff here?"
"Yes."
"That's great." He smiled. "I'm also going there, let's go together then."
"Rehearsal? Sure." We went to the studio and everything is ready.
 
"Places everyone!" Said one of the directors.
 
 
Many artists were there...and we just saw some new faces.
 
"Wow...there are really tons of k-pop groups nowadays." I exagerated.
"Yeah, you can't tekk who's who." We laughed.
 
"That's it, nice job everyone!" Clap! Clap! Clap!
 
 
"Jei-ah~"
"Key oppa~"
"I want you to meet the other members of Shinee."
"I'm honored." I smiled excitedly.
"This is Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin and Minho. Guys, this is Jei...and uhh..her friends."
"This Remy, and Cherry..I'm Jei, Nice to meet you!" I waved at them as if saying 'hi'.
"Key! What a jackpot!" Said the Jonghyun guy.
"Unnie...you know them?" Remy whispered to me with her eyes widened.
"Err..yeah."
"Unnie! They're popular!!" She whispered in delight.
"I know...but...Ring Ding Dong is all i know. So be quiet." I whispered back to her.
 
"Jei?...have we met before?" The Onew guy asked me.
"I...don't know. Have we?"
"Hmm...maybe not."
"So, girls...see you later around ok?" Key said.
"Sure. We still have things to do."
"Goodluck!" Key ruffled...my hair...?
 
"Yah! It seems that Key oppa likes you!" Cherry said while decorating the stage.
"What? What makes you think that?" I chuckled as I sweep the floor. Hayy...i think this will be the 'game' that we're gonna play.
"He just ruffled your hair! And the way she looks at you? It's fishy!"
"Jei-ah~"
"Yes Sir?" The director of Photography called me. I went to approach him.
"I heard that you capture pictures so well, Remy showed me the photos you got in your little trip yesterday. And its wonderful!"
"Oh, that." I said to myself. "Is there anything I could help?"
He glanced at his watch. "I'm going to the hospial for some emergency...can you spare me a little time? A group is going to have a photoshoot at the beach..I'll give you the address." He handed me a piece of paper. "Ok? I'm counting on you." Then he left without waiting for my reply. Well, it's already here..let's just accept the fate.
 
 
 
 -x-x-x-
 
 
"Uhh...excuse me..Mr. Bae sent me here for some--"
"Oh! You're that girl? Come. Come. He already called us." A middle-aged woman lead me to the photoshoot spot. The cameras are already ready. Some make-up artists .. i think .. is now chatting to each other. I think, the photographer is all they waited for.
"Here, my dear." I sat at the platform with the camera in front of me.
 
"Ok! First one, come over!" She called the first one from the tent. I focused on the lens of the camera and adjusted some brightness. The background scene is so beautiful. The first model came in front of the camera. His outfit really fits to the beach. He sat on the rocks and do some poses.
 
I started capturing after the cue. I can hear the staffs in awe. I can also hear heir compliments like 'she moves like a pro'..I just smiled secretly.
I also heard some of the other members teasing the first model.
 
I had taken about nine shots when I felt like suggesting a pose. The camera is a bit big so I need to stand by my seat to inform the model.
 
I stood up. "err..excuse me, just want to suggest a pose." My attention caught the whole place. "I-i..is it ok i-if.." I stammered. Why? The model is staring me with i-don't-know-what-kind-of-expression it is!!! Is he shocked? amused? or what's-the-problem face.
 
 
 
 
"Jei?!? I-is that...you?"