Princess

Princes of EXO Planet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the final week of the Sweetheart Dance. Tickets had just started selling since last Friday and it has been going smoothly, the week passed by with you being super busy with after school practices with SHINee and Minhyuk oppa along with his girlfriend Jinnie, where she would stop by to examine the venue, after examining it well, Jinnie had promised to show you the designs by Wednesday night at your workplace. 

Wednesday rolled by immediately, the Sweetheart Dance would take place in a few days at the school's main hall. First period had just ended and you were on your desk, sound asleep. 

The princes noticed how messy your hair was and your uniform wasn't ironed properly. Xiumin blinked at your exterior and turned to D.O, "I thought you gave her princess lessons."

D.O who was reading a book about royal etiquettes had stopped as he lifted his head up, he took a quick glance at you and sighed. He shifted his gaze to Xiumin who was staring right at him.

"Let her rest. She has been pretty busy these few days." D.O went back to reading his book. Xiumin nodded in understanding, "But how were her princess lessons? We need to go home soon." 

D.O let out a breath as he flipped the page calmly, "She'll master it soon." 

"And when is soon? Right after the Sweetheart Dance?" Xiumin asked. D.O sighed and snapped his book shut, now he is annoyed. "Hyung, I get that you're worried about something. I felt it too, something doesn't feel right on EXO planet."

"So you felt it too." Xiumin said and D.O nodded. "I don't know what it's about but we have a mission now to accomplish and that is to bring back our stepsister. Those are orders from the king himself." 

Xiumin sighed as he didn't say anything more, D.O noticed the look on his face and patted Xiumin's shoulder. Xiumin looked up at D.O who just gave him an assuring look, "We'll be home before anything bad happens." 

"You sure?" Xiumin asked. "Have my calculations ever failed before?" D.O asked and Xiumin opened his mouth to say something but his words halted as he contemplated about it. In the end he agreed and nodded his head.

"Alright." 

D.O nodded at his brother and began to make his way towards you, he stopped in front of your desk and a female student noticed it. She immediately got up and went to D.O's side.

"So, I heard-" "Joohae." D.O cut her off, completely ignoring her. 

The girl's smile faded off as she followed D.O's gaze towards you. The girl saw how messed up you look and snorted. "What's up with her today?" 

D.O was silent as he repeated your name. "Joohae." This time louder. You groaned in your sleep and turned a bit. 

Slowly, you woke up from your sleep. You lifted your head up and the two figures watched your tired figure and expression. The girl frowned at your tired face and shook her head. *She doesn't look too good. Gross.* 

"What... is.. it?" You mumbled softly, still tired from your sleep. 

"Get up." D.O demanded and you tiredly rubbed your eyes. "Why?" 

D.O sighed and grabbed your wrist, the action surprised the girl who gasped at the scene. She watched as D.O hauled you up in a second, you snapped out of your sleeping daze immediately, staring at D.O. 

"Okay! I'm up!" You said and struggled to free your wrist from D.O's grip but he held on tight and wordlessly dragged you out of the classroom.

You were helplessly dragged out by D.O, "Hey! It's not yet lunch time! Second period is about to start!" You said while following D.O down the hallway.

"We still have 10 mins before the teacher comes." D.O said, "How do you know if she'll be in class after 10 mins? You're not Tao. You can't see through time." You questioned but D.O ignored you as he stopped in front of his locker. 

Immediately he twirled the combination and the locker opened up. You gasped at the sight of his locker, it was like a beauty studio in there along with the royal lesson books piled neatly in one corner. You stared at the hanging mirror that he hung on the door.

"Stand here." D.O said and guided you over. You wordlessly followed his orders, "Don't move." He said and took out the comb, immediately he started to fix your hair and your uniform.

Students who were passing by the hallway blinked at the scene. You could hear the murmurs and whispers of them as they chuckled at the sight of a boy giving a girl beauty tips.

"Wow, she needs a boy to give her beauty tips?"

"Hey, isn't that the new transferred hottie? I didn't knew he knows about beauty and makeup."

"That is so hot for a guy to know stuffs like this!"

"I want him to fix my hair for me too."

"Hey man, check that dude out. He's fixing a girl's hair and attire."

"Wow. You're right. That's so weird." 

You bit your lip and shut your eyes, D.O noticed it through the mirror's reflection. 

"Are you really offended by their comments?" D.O spoke as he brushed your hair up neatly. Your eyes fluttered open at the question, the question surprised you and you didn't knew exactly what to say.

"I thought you said you're used to it." He added while tying your hair up into a neat ponytail, he then helped smoothened your uniform attire.

"W-Well, even though I grew up listening to mean comments, I always say I'm used to it but really, it still hurts to hear comments like that. I don't know why people judge others so quickly in this world. Or is that just high school only?" 

D.O was done smoothening your attire, he stared at your reflection in the mirror. You had a look of pain in your eyes as you quietly stare down at the floor.

D.O took the tiara pin and neatly placed it in the front of your hair, "That's just life in this world." He said and you sighed. "No kidding."

"But," D.O said. "Not everybody is like those guys in this world. Referring back to your question, I believe it's only just high school life. There, you're done." 

You stopped and turn around, staring at D.O. He examined your appearance and smiled. "You look better now." 

"Thank you." You smiled but your gaze shifted downwards again as a group of girls passed by the hallways, giving you and D.O looks. You heard snickering and giggling as it slowly echoed down the hallways.

D.O noticed it and sighed, "Joohae." He said. You looked up at him.

"Princess quiz, what are the main traits one must have in order to become a princess?" D.O asked and you blinked, trying to remember it. 

"Um, there are... kindness." You said and D.O nodded, "And?"

"Wisdom."

"Yes."

"Selfless."

"Good."

"Being humble." 

"Yes, and the very last one..."

"Knows her self-worth." 

"Yes." D.O nodded and stared at you. "You hold all these traits, Joohae. You may not see it but we do. I do. You know, mom once told me that in life the biggest thing that stands in one way is none other than yourself. Have confidence Joohae. No one has the right to judge your worth other than yourself."

You stared back at D.O who just flashed you a smile, he slammed the locker shut and nodded back to the direction of the classroom.

"We gotta go. The teacher is coming soon." 

D.O then turn on his back and started to make his way to class. You watched as he walks towards the classroom peacefully and silently followed.

When you had entered class, you quietly sat down on your seat as a few girls in your class gaped at your change of appearance. Sumin saw your change and scowled. She eyed your tiara pin and angrily snapped her compact shut. *That thinks she is a princess huh?* 

*Self-worth.. Knowing your self-worth.* You thought back to the lessons in the princess book. *All this time, I thought that princesses were just rich girls dressed up in fancy clothings. But there are so much more than that... I'm more than that.* A small smile crept up on your lips as you felt the adrenaline rushed into you. 

"Good job." Suho complimented D.O as he came back to his seat, D.O shrugged as if it was no big deal. He sat back down and stared at your back, you had a small smile on your face and that made D.O smiled. 

After school, you had a meeting with the main committee about the Sweetheart Dance. The team were all in the main hall setting things up, you were busy with the food menu with Hana who had made samples for the team to test out and vote on which food is the best to serve for the night. 

The food was laid out on the floor along with you and the main committee sitting on the floor.

"Mmmm! These cupcakes are so good! What did you put in them?" One of the boys questioned as they chomped down onto the delicious chocolate cake.

Hana smirked at him and said, "Butter." That made the team snorted at the obvious answer. 

The boy who asked the question just shrugged and nodded his head. "Butter does make food delicious!" 

"Can't argue with that, that's sort of a fact." You spoke, agreeing with the team. "It is a fact, at least in my book." Hana stated and the team nodded in agreement. 

"Everything is just so delicious. I voted that Hana can be the chef for the night, I can help out wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter