Progress

Princes of EXO Planet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After school and rehearsals with the group, it was already night time and you were already at your work place busy serving the customers drinks.

Jinnie arrived at the club and made her way towards the bar. She spotted her boyfriend, Minhyuk and went over immediately. 

"Oppa!" She called out and Minhyuk's face lit up at the sight of his girlfriend. "Jinnie!" He smiled while capping the martini shaker.

"You're finally here! I miss you so much!" He cooed and Jinnie giggled. "I miss you too! Where's Joohae?" Jinnie asked and Minhyuk began to shake the martini shaker, he scanned the bar and realize that you were nowhere to be found.

"That's weird she was just serving drinks to that group of people there. Where did that girl go?" He raised a brow, confused too.

"Hmm, well, no big deal. I'll just wait for her. I've brought her the deocration materials that she has requested." Jinnie lifted up two big bags covered with ribbons and fluffy and frilly materials.

"Wow. That's a lot. Good job babe." Minhyuk said as he blinked at all of them, he opened the martini cap and poured out the liquid into a glass cup. Jinnie reached into one of the bags and pulled out a heart-shaped cotton ball colored in hot pink.

"Do you like it?" 

"It looks awesome. It will definitely make the Sweetheart Dance super 'sweet'." Minhyuk's pun made Jinnie rolled her eyes as she fake a gagging noise. Minhyuk smirked and chuckled. 

At that moment, you had came out of a room which was labelled as the boss's office. Minhyuk noticed you and waved his hand, "Joohae! Jinnie is here!" He called out and you looked up.

Jinnie smiled at you and you just gave her a small smile, still sadden over the news from the boss you walked over to the bar. "Joohae! Unnie has your materials ready. Here there are!" She handed you the two bags and you accepted it. "Thanks."

"I'll come by this Saturday in the morning to help with the decoration and also, the princess project." Jinnie wiggled her eyebrows at you with an approving smile you just smiled at that but it soon faded off as you sighed.

"Woah woah, what's up Joohae?" Minhyuk noticed your glum aura, Jinnie noticed it too as she gave you a worried look.

You just let out another sigh again and turn to the two glumly, "I just talked to the boss just now.." 

At the mention of the boss, Minhyuk's head perked up along with Jinnie who glance at Minhyuk. The two exchanged worried looks and turn back to you. 

"And?" Minhyuk asked.

"He told me that I have the night shift this Saturday in some hotel to promote the bar's name." You glumly confessed which made the couple had a look of disbelief the two exchanged glances again and turn their attention back to you.

"Well, did you tell him you need a day off? You're working overtime for this entire week just to get that day off. Also, why wasn't I invited to this event? I am the bartender!" Minhyuk questioned and you just shrugged your shoulders, unsure.

"I believe that venue has their own bartender already. He needs a waitress to help with the servings." You sighed as you leaned onto the bar.

"Yah! Waitress! Where is my drink?!" One of the customers yelled and you got up immediately.

"I'm sorry, here it is!" You immediately grab the ready made drinks and begin to serve the customers. Minhyuk frowned and Jinnie worriedly glance at her boyfriend.

"Oppa, I think your assumption may be right." Jinnie said and Minhyuk stared at his girlfriend. "I know... I was actually hoping I was just overthinking but it sure doesn't seem like it now." 

"Maybe we should ask where the venue is first." Jinnie suggested and Minhyuk nodded. When you came back, Jinnie had questioned you about the event and venue. 

"It's held in a hotel, Seoul's famous hotel... I can't remember the name though."

"The Diamond." Jinnie spoke all of a sudden and you nodded your head. "That's the one. It begins at 7pm, the same time as the dance." You sighed even more while thinking about it, "How will that do? Don't you need to be around during the dance? What about the princess project? The girls need you around, Joohae." Jinnie reminded you and your duties.

"I know..." You sadly spoke. "That's the reason why I am so sad now. What am I going to do? I probably would just call Lia to help take over for the night or I can rush everything immediately on Saturday morning and- Oh no!" You gasped all of a sudden, realizing something else.

Your gasp surprised the couple as they stare at you, "What? What is it?" Minhyuk asked.

"Taemin sunbae." You said, staring at the couple with big eyes. "I promised him that we'll go to the dance together and now I can't! Ah! Why do things always have to go South for me?!" You groaned loudly in an annoyed tone. So loud that some of the customers glanced your way and Minhyuk gave them an apologetic bow.

"Yah. Calm down." Minhyuk said and you just turned to him and questioned. "What am I going to do, oppa? It's my first ever date with Taemin and... and... it's just going down like this before it even began. This world is so unfair... And the girls, they need me for the princess project. Gosh, Sumin always wins." You whispered the last part out as realization had just hit you.

The couple helpelessly stared at you as you sighed once more.

"I'm Joohae. The cursed human being on earth. Nothing goes right when I'm in control." You whispered.

"Joohae." Jinnie began and grabbed both your shoulders, she made you faced her and stared directly into your hopeless eyes.

"Listen to me." She said and you shifted your gaze on her.

"You're not cursed. Get that out of your head. What happened to the girl that was filled with hope and spirit when she came running towards me telling me about the princess project?" Jinnie questioned and that made you blinked in realization.

"What happened to the girl that was devoted into making the best dance for the school and to change history too? What happened to that girl who wants to prove to the world that she can do things right?" Jinnie's questions made you think twice of the situation, hope started to fill up in your heart as a small smile slowly spread across your lips.

"There's that smile." Minhyuk cooed and your smile widened. Jinnie smiled too and shook your body lightly. "Wake up. Don't panic and calm down. We can sort things out."

"But-"

"Waitress! Where is my drink?!" A customer's roar cut you off and Minhyuk glared at the man. "Calm down. It's coming." He said and turn to you.

"Don't worry about it. Oppa's got your cover." Minhyuk winked at you and you watched as he skillfully made the customer's drinks and began to serve the customers.

Jinnie smiled at her boyfriend, proud. She shifted her gaze towards you and you stared back at her. "So, what were you about to say?"

"But, I can't disobey the boss orders. He'll fire me and I'll have to stay in the streets." You said and Jinnie smirked. "Now, don't you worry about that. We'll come up with something, trust me." She said.

You can't help but feel a little bit of hope in your heart but when Taemin's image came to your mind your smile dropped immediately.

Jinnie noticed it and patted your shoulder, "Don't worry. You'll get your man." She said which surprised you as you stared at her.

Jinnie winked at you like how Minhyuk did and patted your shoulder. "Now, get back to work. I'll be staying here designing the decorations for the Sweetheart Dance."

You smiled at Jinnie, "Thank you unnie." Jinnie gave you the feeling of an older responsible sister that you can rely on, in fact, Minhyuk and Jinnie are the only people that had always been there for you. They gave you the feeling of a family looking out for one another.

*I'm so blessed.* You thought and turn to Minhyuk who came back from serving the customers. "Finished your talk?" He asked and you nodded. "Yup! I'll take over now. Thanks oppa." 

Minhyuk smiled and ruffled your hair, "Don't worry too much. We'll be here for you."

You nodded your head, warmth spread through your chest as you savour the moment. 

"Unnie," You called, remembering something. Jinnie turn to you, "Yes?"

"The princess project will be having a fashion show tomorrow in your workshop. Is 3pm in the afternoon okay?" You asked and Jinnie smiled and gave you the 'Ok' sign. 

"Sure. Come along. It's time we show the world that all girls are beautiful." Jinnie smiled and you smiled back. *Yes. We need a voice in this world.* 

The next day arrived, the materials for the catering service had arrived for Hana to start baking her goods along with the help of butter boy and the other students who volunteered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter