Chapter 9 : Jealousy Burns

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

heena

"aww sooyeon! you've finally fallen in love again! i thought you won't get married until you're old!" i screeched, looking at the two lovebirds. both of them looked amazingly adorable. how yoseob whispered to the blushing sooyeon.

as happy as i am that my childhood friend here has trusted love once more, i can't help but to feel this jealousy burning and spreading in me like wildfire.

i looked at sooyeon and yoseob. sooyeon was wildly blushing while yoseob sweet talk her. the boys were teasing them both. i breathed heavily. as much as i love sooyeon, i just can't help this jealousy inside me. yoseob, why did you choose sooyeon over me? i sighed.

since we started being best friends at the age of 5, sooyeon always had things that i have to live without. her long legs, polished skin, cute smile, round eyes, pink plumpy lips, wavy hair. me? i have nothing. the only thing i have better than her is the fact that i have parents. well, not that they loved me back all the way in America anyways. i pouted.

my heart hurts real badly. and i think i know someone else who might be clutching to pieces of his broken heart as well right now.

i looked behind me. then around. wait, where did that junhyung jerk leave to?

i squinted my eyes under the sunlight as i ran across the soccer field we played on a while back. "junhyung-ah!" i yelled, looking around. just then, i found him, sitting on a swing in the park across the street. i stumbled across the street and silently sat on the swing next to his.

"you're sad?" i asked. he looks at me and just ignored me. "i don't mind you not answering, really," i told him. "ignorance and rejection is one of the things i'm used to," i faintly whispered to him.

"what do you want?" he said, his voice strained and sore.

" i don't know, i guess i just want to sit here. you know, we're both heartbroken right?" i told him again and sighed. he looked at me, his eyes full of curiosity. "so you l--" he started. "yes i like, wait no, love yoseob. i've fallen for him since what, grade 8?" i cut him off. "and now sooyeon just snatched him away. it hurts, really." i complained.

"i've told sooyeon how much i liked yoseob since forever." i grumbled. "i told yoseob how much i liked sooyeon as well." he groaned, followed by a short laugh. "traitors," we both whispered.

junhyung

"traitors," heena and i muttered under our breath. i could feel it. heena was probably this close to crying. her eyes were bloodshot, and i could see tears glistening in her eyes. just a matter of time before it all spilled out.

"so what you gonna do now? kick her out of the house?" i asked her. "no. we may be love rivals but we're still friends," she sobbed. i smiled at how nice she was. i stood up from the swing and kneeled in front of heena. i lifted her chin up and wiped her tears with my handkerchief. i pushed her shoulder-length black hair behind her ears. "i promise you, i'll get sooyeon back. and you, i'll get yoseob back for you," i said, lifting my pinky.

"how?" she croaked. "i have a plan," i smirked. she wiped the tears off her face, took my hand and stood up. "what's it about?" heena chirped, probably getting into her usual elated spirits again. "you know heena, we'll make them like us?"

"eh? what's that supposed to mean,"she said as she cautiously look left and right before crossing the road.

"there's nothing more painful than jealousy," i smirked as i waved to the boys and the two "lovebirds". "jealousy huh? ck, i bet you they would withstand it through," heena guessed.

"no they won't," i answered with a hell lot of confidence.

"it's a bet," she affirmed with a grin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

super short chappie! am busy with school:(

but well it turns out heena and junhyung is jealous :/

and they're definitely on to something to separate the two new lovebirds.

they're mean i know.

but i swear i'd do the same.

hahaXD

do comment and subscribe okay lovelies:

oh and i was too lazy to colour code it.

xoxo, rainbowscones