Chapter 14 : The Plan

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Yoseob

I straightened the tie on my uniform, rather nervous to go out of the house today. I checked the watch, 6:09AM. "Are we going any sooner? I'm excited~" the girl beside me jumped out of the kitchen, shocking me. "Sure, we can definitey go now. But make sure to do what I tell you, ara?" I reminded her.

The petite figure beside me nodded and skipped to the couch to grab her bag. "Hasn't it been a while since we last went to school together? I mean, since you last left for the States 4 years ago, right?" I asked her, patting her on the head. "I know right~ I missed you," she said, hugging my arm.

I sighed. I can still back off now. But will I?

"So are we going or not Seobbie-ah?" she pouted, trying to pull me to the house door. "Arasso let's go. Eomma~ We'll be going!" I yelled to the kitchen and got a respond directly. "Alright, remember, do like I told you okay?" I reminded her the last time.

She fixed my blazer and tie. "Understood sir! You're lucky my boyfriend is definitely understanding, or else he would've torn you to pieces," she giggled. "Whatever," I ignored her and walked out the door with her clinging to my arms.

"Don't be so mean!" she screeched, hitting my arm. "Y- yah! Stop!" I pulled away form her. She poked me in the tummy, where I'm ticklish at. I laughed and begged her to stop. "That's why, be nice." the short girl finally stopped and fixed her bangs a little.

I gulped, looking at the right turn to the road of Sooyeon's house. Since Sooyeon's house was close to the school, she always goes out of the house at about 06:12AM. And she knows that I will definitey pass this road to reach the school. "Here goes nothing, okay?" I told the girl.

She just shook her head. I took her small hands in mine. Her fingers filled in the spaces between mine, intertwining and joining. "Why can't you just hug me instead?" she complained. "Because your boyfriend might smack me if he finds out?" I rebutted. "But we used to do that, don't we?" she asked back.

We were already strolling down the street now. The street was rather full. I mean most kids in the neighborhood take this street to go to school, its the shortest way. I traced along the houses and caught sooyeon's house. Heena was waiting outside, yelling. The door was wide open. She's coming out.

My heart raced, my palm sweated. "She's coming out isn't she? The one house with the open door?" her guess was spot on. I nodded and gulped. We awkwardly walked further down the road, pretending to chat/ As we near Sooyeon's house, the girl beside me stopped. "What is it?" I hissed silently.

She gestured me to come closer. With hands still intertwined together, I came closer to the girl. "You wanted her to hink we're dating is it?" she said, loudly revealing my plan. I nod ever so lightly. "Then go with the flow, okay?" she ordered. I nod.

She giggled a little and lightly hit my arm. I gave her a little giggle back and smiled a sincere smile behind all the nervewracking situation. The cute girl in front of me tiptoed and pinched my cheek a little. Damn, she's planning to make me kiss her.

One, she's not my girlfriend. Two, she has a boyfriend, i might be torn into pieces. Three, she's my best friend. Four, sooyeon is definitely going to be enraged.

I bravely caressed her cheek and kissed her right next to the lips. NEXT to the lips. NEXT, not ON the lips. But if people were to see it, they would've thought I just gave her a soft peck on the lips. Now I know what watching K-Dramas could be benefitted for.

"Kaja~ We might be late," I smiled at the sly girl, showing off her cunning smirk to the world. The world might mistake it for a sweet smile, but hey, I've known her since I was 3, how could I not know?

She hugged my arm and squeezed it lightly, probably apologizing. I pat her lightly on the head and just brisk walk to school. I swear I was praying that sooyeon didn't see that.

Sooyeon

"SOOYEON KAJA! PALLI PALLI PALLI!" Heena yelled from the doorway. "Wait let me put my shoes on," I calmly told her and walked to the opened doorway, putting on one shoe. All of a sudden, the yelling Heena shushed.

"Emm? What is it? Why are you so silent?" I asked her, tying the shoelace to my shoe. "Umm-- It's nothing really just go back in I want a drink," she hurried in. "Go get some drink then, I'll walk first," I told her, standing up and picking my bag up. "Wait no wait, accompany me will you?" she plead.

"Ani, I'm lazy," I lazily shrugged off and walked to the doorstep. I looked to the left, my street was packed, well its the shortcut to school, what do I expect? I look to the right.

The street was crowded, but I would know that face anywhere. Yoseob. with another girl beside him.

Strolling down the road, hand-in-hand, like the world belong to them. The girl was pretty, cute, everyone would've mistaken her for an idol. I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions. Maybe it was his cousin? Or his friend? Or his niece? We never know right?

I was about to go to approach them when I saw it. I felt my heart getting shredded like paper in the shredding machine. I felt like it was torn intor strips of nothing, pieces of trash.

They were kissing. KISSING. In front of the girlfriend's house, how ridiculous could he be? "Yo, you're okay?" Junhyung called from beside. I looked at him with emptiness. "Whoa, sorry. Wait, you're not going to avoid me? Not running?" he joked, acting like he was going to run and catch me.

I didn't respond, i just went next to him and pointed to the two "LOVEBIRDS" kissing in front of my house. Junhyung peeked and saw. He dropped his act and jokes. "D- did you break up?" he asked. I shook my head. Heena appeared beside me. "I- I didn't want you to see it actually," she admitted.

Yoseob and the girl have broken the kiss and walked like nothing happened. Yoseob didn't even bother to take a glance at my house. I was half-expecting him to at least be guilty and look at my house. But nothing.

I felt a volcano erupt inside me. After all the time thinking that he truly was the right one for me to learn to love, he was apparently the one to throw me just like nothing again. "You'll be fine," heena told me and pat me in the back.

I tried so hard to learn to actually love him, and even ditch junhyung for him. i've always thought he honestly loved me. love, you've fooled me once more. screw love.

"Whatever, let's just head to school and ask for an explanation first okay?" I told the both of them and walked ahead. I guess this is what I get for kissing Junhyung that time months back. "You sure you're fine?" Junhyung came and walked by me. "Sure," I lied.

"You're lying," he stated. Wait, how does he know? "You're probably thinking why I know, right?" he started. I frighfully  look at him and nod. "You're not a good liar, you either bite your lips when you lie, or you fiddle with your blouse buttons, right?" he asked. I quickly pull away my fingers from my button and stop biting my lips.

"Whatever," I shrugged and ran to school. I ran just so the wind would blow the tears away. I ran just so people won't see me cry. I ran just so I can getaway from this sad reality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

why hello, i'm really being nice am I?
I'm updating on a school night, moreover I have Biology Test tomorrow.
see how much i loveeee yo uguys? >,<

haha anyways, if some of you don't get the chapter:

yoseob wanted his childhood friend to act like his girlfriend, i don't know,
to make sooyeon jealous?
maybe.
to get back at sooyeon?
maybe.
but anyways, they pretended to kiss during their way to school, near sooyeon's house.
sooyeon saw it but decided to not jump to conclusions that might only hurt her.
but she was already hurt.

so comment~ and subscribe to those who haven't!
gomawoooyooo~

xoxo,
rainbowscones