Chapter 2 : On Rainy Days

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Sooyeon

after a long day, i went home at about 4 after attending my book club activities. i sighed as i walk back home, thinking about all the things i could've said instead to junhyung earlier this morning. and what might follow.

then, i could hear loud screams coming from the direction i just gone from. oh. junhyung and the boys are on their way home. those screams were like a signal. i sort of turned around and stole a look at the huge crowd of girls.

but i just continued walking.

one encounter was all i need anyways.

another 15 minutes of walking through wide and narrow streets, i was then standing in front of my house. as much as i don't want to go home, i must. i opened the door which wasn't locked. i slowly took off my shoes and walked into the house and up the stairs.

"jung sooyeon. have youno respect?" a familiar, angry voice yelled out. i looked back and saw my father and his angry look. "we have guests." he said as he walked up the stairs and pulled me down the stairs. "ouch! dad! stop it!" i yelled as i stumbled down the stairs. "see your sister? be more polite like her!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

true enough. Jooyeon unnie was sitting down there on the sofa, politely talking to my father's friend. my father's friend didn't even care about my screams and my dad's yells. he's used to it, after coming in too often. "i didn't know we had guests dad. i just came home," i said. "you dare reply to your father jung sooyeon?" he rose his voice again.

"but i wasn't--" i was then cut off when he pulled me into the study room.

"pull your socks down! ppalli!" he yelled, grabbing the ratan stick.

i was too scared. my scars from his beating two days ago haven't even healed.

but i slowly reached down and pulled down my socks. my father started beating me. i just stod there holding back my tears and muffled sobs. but above all, my heart hurts more than the beating.

to see my sister gets praised eveyday. to see her get everything she wants. she has a perfect boyfriend, a loving father, a fixed job, a pretty face. all i have is myself and my little secret obsession of junhyung that keeps me happy.

after the beating, i pulled my socks up again, letting the minute amount of blood seep into my socks. "dad, i'm tired." i whispered faintly.

"if you can't acccept me. if you prefer unnie than me, then i don't have any intention to stay." i started crying. "since eomma passed away 3months ago, you started beating me up. i knew you had to put up with me for the last 16 years of my life just because eomma loves me." i said, boring my stare into his eyes.

"leave then." he said. "LEAVE!" he yelled, shooing me out. he went upstairs and took a handful of my clothes and school bag and threw it out the door as he pushed me out. he slammed the door right into my face.

"i have no regrets!" i yelled, kicking the door.

why stay when i get abused?

i stuff all the clothes i have into my school bag and walked to the park about 10minutes away from my house/ thunders could be heard rumbling and lightning flashes once in a while.

"eomma," i said as i sob. i sat on the park bench, wondering where i should stay for the night, when suddenly, it rained.

the raindrops washed away the tears rolling down my cheeks. both my tears and the raindrops rolled down in sync, adding even more sorrow to my fragile heart. i took my bag and ran underneath the slide and took shelter. lucky enough, my clothes and books weren't soaked, and so was my cell phone.

i started crying even more, letting all the pain and sorrow pour out as my tears flow.

"are you alright?"

i looked up. a dark silhoutte with an umbrella appeared next to me. i gasped, i thought it was some random e trying to sneak on me. "LEAVE MEEEEE!! HELP!!!" i yelled when the silhoutted covered my mouth with his hands. i turned around and gasped again.

"yoseob oppa?" i said.

he smiled an angelic smile. "jung sooyeon," he smiled again. he must've seen my name tag from my uniform.

"are you okay?" he asked, putting a worried look on his face.

i fell silent, i'm at a lost of words. dizziness settled in. i suddenly blanked out.

"omo! what happened to your thighs?" he gasped.

"i-- umm-- uhm--" i gagged, trying to choke out the words.

"sooyeon?" he called out.

and everything just went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

sorry, it was a really short chapter.

i'm having a fight with my dad. and so i wrote this chapter. giving you know, sooyeon some backgrund on her family.

sometimes these little things that affect me, i will put into sooyeon's life.

its probably a boring chapter though. please bear with me. i was so angry at my father and i couldn't find a better way to express it.

but at least this is a turnpoint. sooyeon's first meeting with yoseob!

things are going to heat up after this! so do look forward to it!

do comment, subscribe and add me as a friend as well!

have a nice sleep~ (its nighttime now in my country^^)

xoxo,

rainbowscones