Chapter 18 : Find Someone Better

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Listen to this while you read it : << http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8AgFDg7f1k >>  IU - Morning Tears

Sooyeon

"Junhyung, not funny, is that really you? It took me a lot to actually be able to come here. You promised me that by coming here, you'll fix everything right, right? So come out now, palli," I told the mysterious silhouette behind the tree.

The figure fidgeted a little. I giggled, what kind of joke is this guy going to pull off? "Palli come out," I plead, rather anxious as to why he's not coming out of his hiding.

The figure yet fidgeted again, finally receiving my concern. What if it wasn't Junhyung? What if it was some gangster or a hobo e who might assault me or something?

I started getting scared at even the thought of that. "W- Who are you?" I braced all the courage in me and braved myself to ask the mysterious figure.

I could definitely tell it was a guy though, from the slight shadowy figure made by the moon on the ground. The silhouette didn't have long hair, and is probably tall i suppose? 

"W- who are you?" I said, my voice quivering in the coldness of the autumn air and in fear as well. I could hear the huge sigh of the person behind the tree. Who could it be?

"Your one and only prince," the silhouette answered, his voice bringing a sense of serenity and tranquility in me.

 I gasped at the familiar voice, the same voice that would sing me to sleep, that would bring all my cries to a stop, that would sing out the sweetest most romantic words a girl could ever hear. That voice I thought I'd never hear say those words again.

"N- no. Y- Yo- Yoseob, is that you?" I stuttered, unsure if my senses started malfunctioning and is giving me mirages. The silhouette then revealed himself, finally showing himself instead of just lurking in the darkness.

"I- It is you," I answered back, having this unspeakable feeling erupting inside me, running in my vessels, travelling to every single cell in my body. My body went against my brain's wants, my heart has become its master as of now.

The silhouette came into full light. The boy stood in front of me, rubbing the back of his neck. He was nervous. But well who won't be? Especially not after they were caught cheating on the girlfriend, and being open about this.

I approached Yoseob, taking baby steps towards him, but Yoseob didn't move. 

"Sooyeon," he called my name. I looked at him in the eye. I love the way he called my name. Wait, I loved it.

Yoseob took a step forward closer to where I was standing. I took a small step backwards. He moved another step closer, and I just backed myself even more. "Don't come near," I warned him. Its not that I didn't want to get back with him.

Now, I can't.

I just know I mustn't

"In case you're here hoping that you'll fix everything alright, you're late. Too late," I whispered to him faintly.

It's true though. Yoseob, why didn't you just come hours earlier?

Now we can't be together.

Fate just won't let me be happy is it?

Yoseob

"In case you're here hoping that you'll fix everything alright, you're late. Too late," Sooyeon said, hiding her face away from me. The moonlight shone aboove us, making me feel like we were in some fairytale.

A fairytale that started with "Once upon a time..." but didn't end with "... happily ever after,"

"Why?" I asked, taking brisk steps towards her. She backed herself again, closing the gap between her and the soccer field.  "I can't," she whispered, her voice softly flowing out her pale lips.

She looked really cold. Its autumn and yet she ccan go out in the cold night just wearing a spaghetti strap dress? Although, I have to admit, she did look stunning.

I felt like a groom, here to fetch my bride and take her to the altar. I could lock her up in a picture frame and adore her forever. Like usual, her long hair was let falling down her shoulder. She didn't wear any makeup, at all. I could see that under the dim moonlight and streetlight. She looked pale, she looked hurt.

She looked like she's cried all her life.

"S- sooyeon, have y- you been crying?" I asked. Such a stupid jerk I am. You're the one who made her cry pabo,so don't even go around asking why she cried.

Sooyeon frowned. "What do you think huh? Stop asking me stupid questions. Tell me why you're here, or I'm leavin--" she said, starting to cry.

I couldn't bear looking at her like this. All sad and broken. Crying and sobbing. My heart couldn't bear the sight of this.

I briskwalk towards her as she said those painful words.

I had the littlest bit of idea as to what had actually gotten into me. I align my eyes to meet her and cupped her face in my hand, that was why she stopped saying anything.

Without any notice or further delay, I crashed my lips on her. I kissed her softly, full of love and patience. I could feel her trying to escape the kiss, so I s my arms around her waist, letting her lean back on it.

I enjoyed the kiss, honestly. But I knew she just wasn't willing to kiss me back.

I broke the kiss, both of us gasping for air. "D- don't. Stop. Go back to Jieun for goodness sake. Go," Sooyeon said, her tone was serious, tears further flowing down her flustered cheek.

"W- why?"

"Leaving you was the best. I love Junhyung. So stop that. Please. I beg of you," Sooyeon told me, nibbling on her bottom lip.

So it was true, all of my presumption. She loved Junhyung, I was a restraint. At her words, my heart was broken once again. It cracked, from a million pieces to a further gazillion pieces.

Sooyeon, I wonder why?

I've never fallen in love before. And I've never know how it felt like to be heartbroken. And Sooyeon had to be the one to do that?

I clench my fist tightly as I released her from my arms. She looked into my eyes, the way she would usually do. She wiped her own tears and rubbed her probably sore eyes as I stay frozen, like a sculpture. My heart hurts. Yet I couldn't say a word.

Especially looking at her look at me full of love, after telling me that her love belonged to someone else.

She gave me one last smile. A sweet one. An addicting one. That one smile I can never get over with.

She then walked past me, our shoulders slightly shrugging. This is the end. This is the end. Now I have to learn to contain myself from bursting into anger after I see her dating Junhyung.

The reality I couldn't face.

All of a sudden, i felt a grip on my wrist. I turned myself around and felt a pair of soft lips landing lightly on mine.

Sooyeon.

My eyes widened as she clench tightly on my shirt, pulling me deeper into the kiss, and closer to her. I placed my arm on her slim waist and kissed her back. The clench on my shirt got tighter. Sooyeon then placed her other hand on my shoulder.

I her hair, not breaking the kiss. We broke the kiss together for a little while, and stare into each other's eyes. Her eyes were wet, she's going to cry any moment soon. I placed a thum under her eye and wiped the tears away. She pushed my finger away and kissed me one last time on the lips. Just one little short peck.

After the peck, she proceeded on hugging me. I inhaledher sweet scent deeply, wondering whether if I'll be able to hold her like this anymore, to be able to inhale this intoxicating smell again.

In the hug, she leaned closer to my ear. i could feel her warm breath on my ear. "Carpe Diem, Quam Minimum Credula Postero," she whispered. Its familiar, isn't that the writing on Junhyung's arm?

"Put no hope in the future. Please, forget. Find someone better," she further whispered. I sighed and pulled away from the hug. She smiled while saying our breakup line. I kissed her forehead numerous times. "No one will be better than you," I told her with a chuckle.

She had a sad smile on her face as she took my hand in hers. "You will find someone better Yoseob, someone more deserving of your love. You just have to search a bit harder," she told me. "We can still be friends you know, I'll always be here by your side, I won't leave," I suggested.

She giggled, that melodious giggle I've always loved. "I know you won't. Between me and you Yoseob, you'll be the one who doesn't leave. I'm sorry I couldn't say the same," she faintly whispered before letting go of my hand and ran past me.

"S- sooyeon!" I yelled. I wanted to run, to go after her. But I couldn't.

Who am I to her?

I'm a nobody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

/sob/
I can't imagine having to break up like this
but here's a hint hint:
SOOYEON IS LEAVING YOSEOB

;;) keke~ the next chapter will be exciting.
I'm actually wondering. I have two choice:
- to continue this story and make it longer
- to end this one soon and make a sequel

which do you all prefer?

and bytheway!

comments are always loved! I have almost 30 subs and only a few commented *cries*
subscribers are always welcomed as well~

xoxo,
rainbwscones