Chapter 16 : Truth

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Yoseob

"No, I don't Sooyeon. I don't, never had and never will. Mianhae," I whispered to her. She lingered a little while and puled back quickly. She gave me one last glance before running into Junhyung's embrace. "Let's go," she weakly told Junhyung, the both of them heading for the rooftop door.

"Its okay, you have me," Junhyung whispered at the petite girl in his arms, loud enough for me to catch it. Sooyeon nodded and rested her head on Junhyung's chest, snuggling into his hug more, hiding her swollen eyes. She was definitely still crying.

I'm really sorry Sooyeon. You loved Junhyung more than me, so I won't be restraint. I hop you know that I will be with you even if the world ditches you.

At the point where the rooftop door slammed shut, I hung my head down and started sobbing uncontrollably. "Yah, are you even serious?" Gikwang asked, patting me on the back. I shook my head.

"Then?" all of them asked at the same time. I looked up at them, nose runny and eyes red. "Spill," Hyunseung coldly smacked me on the back. "Alright, I- I have f-f- five e- exp- explanation," I stuttered, choking and all from crying.

Dongwoon offered me a drink to stop the hiccups and I drank. I then cleared my throat, starting a full-length explanation at the eager boys in front of me.

"O- one, Jieun is not my girlfriend. She's just m- my childhood friend. Besides, she has a bo- boyfriend already," I told them, still having little hiccups.

"Next, I swear I still l- love Sooyeon, I didn't actually mean to do this to her, it pains me to do this but I s- still must," I explained further, still having those stupid hiccups.

Tears started coming down again.

"Third, all the kissing was just a plan, and the hugging and all. We didn't even really kiss. Jieun just kissed me on the edge of my lips to make it look real. I didn't even want to kiss her, the plan was only to look like we're dating" I recited them about the kiss. Oh, the hiccups gone.

I stole a glance at all the 4 people in front of me, intently listening. I swear I'd rather focus on my stupid hiccups than wait to see what reactiom they will have. To all of them, Sooyeon is like a sister, and me hurting her, I'd probably get beat up to a pulp like just now.

"Fourth, I did all this just to make her happy, Sooyeon that is. I mean, I know that I am a constrain to her, by dating her," I honestly spilled out my feelings.

"Lastly, to sum every single thing I've explained up. I pretended to date Jieun behind Sooyeon's back just so we'd break up and she finally gets to be with Junhyung. There. Happy?" I choked out, holding back my sobs.

All of them had their eyes widened and jaws dropped. "What?" I asked, holding back my tears. "Why'd you do that? Pabo," Hyunseung flicked his fingers on my forehead. "YAH!" I yelled and Hyunseung laughed.

"You're too much of a nice guy, Yoseob," Doojoon honestly commented.

Dongwoon nodded. "If I were you I won't do that, hell no," he added.

"He's just a pabo," Hyunseung retorted. I swear Hyunseung is really mean I could stab him over and over again with a fork.

"He's just doing what's right," Gikwang said and continued patting me in the back. I stood up and hugged Gikwang. "See someone understands," I said and hugged his well-built body even tighter. "EWW! GET OFF ME!" he yelled and hit me on the arm.

Sooyeon, I wished you were the one who listened to all I have said.

I wish I am hugging you right now, not being gay and hugging Gikwang.

Junhyung

"Uljimayo~" I told Sooyeon, who was uncontrollably crying in my arms, wetting my uniform. We were on our way back to Sooyeon's home, since she didn't feel confident at all to continue classes.

She just pouted and look at me with pleading eyes. "I don't want to go home," she whined. "Then where? At least go home first, tell you eomma or something?" I asked. "Fine," she gave up.

We walked for just about 3 minutes and arrived in front of her house. Sooyeon came up the front porch and knocked on the door. The door then opened really quickly to reveal a lady. The lady looked young, probably about 40-ish.

"Eomma," Sooyeon cried and directly hugged the motherly figure. "Aigoo, what happened to my girl?" she asked, Sooyeon's hair and giving me a questioning look. I bowed. "Ahjumeonim annyeong," I politely greeted. "Ah, come in, come in," she said, opening the door wider. I opened my shoes and arranged it neatly.

I looked at Sooyeon's closeness with her auntie, she even calls her 'eomma' now. Her aunt, noticing me watching, gestured me to come in. "Excuse me~" I bowed again before entering the house's living room. Sooyeon's aunt was standing near the couch, still hugging Sooyeon, who clung on her. "Sit down please, let me get you something," Sooyeon's aunt said, lightly pushing the clingy Sooyeon.

"A- ani, its alright," I politely rejected. This is awkward. Sooyeon plopped on the couch next to me. "Now what happened uh? And why aren't you not at school?" her Aunt asked. "Yoseob broke up with me, and I didn't feel like going to school. And I didn't feel like walking home alone so he forced to walk me home," she birefly explained, crying more and hugging her Aunt again.

"Stop being such a crybaby," I finally said, patting her back. "There, see, listen to Junhyung-ssi," her Auntie pleaded, probably suffocating from Sooyeon's tight hug. "Ne, that's rig-- wait, Ahjumeonim, you know my name?" I asked, shock.

"Sooyeon sleeptalks a whole lot. And she often wakes up yelling. Every time she does that, she would either yell 'Yoseob' or 'Junhyung' or 'Eomma'," her aunt revealed her secret. Sooyeon pulled away from the hug and flustered. "Eomma-ya~ Don't tell him that," she pouted.

"Anyways, I have to go to work soon kids, so why don't you both enjoy the day off from school. And Junhyung-ah, won't your parent be worried? In case the school calls or anything?" Sooyeon's aunt asked. I shook my head. "My parents are currently in Japan, they won't mind. Sometimes I ditch as well," I shyly told her.

"Ah arasso then. Yeonnie~ go get changed. As for you emm--" her aunt said, shoving Sooyeon up the stairs then dissapeared through another door in the first floor. Sooyeon's aunt then came out with a set of clothing. "Change to this, you know malls in Seoul nowadays don't let students come in with uniforms," her aunt said, handing me the clothes.

"Now go change," she said and pushed me into the bathroom. "Ah ne, arasso," I said. I locked the bathroom door and looked at the clothes. I hesitantly changed into it. It was a perfect fit. A plain white shirt and long jeans. I looked at the mirror. "My first date with Sooyeon, I need to cheer her up and direct her thoughts from the breakup," I told the man in the mirror my mission.

I unlocked the door and went out. "Choayo~ It looks good on you!" she said, scanning me. I bowed a little. "Ah ahjumeonim kamsahamnda," I politely thanked her. Then there was silence.

"Thank you for being Yeonnie's friend. She's probably really down. I mean, she was disowned by her own father, then people used to blame her for her ex-boyfriend's death, she went through a hell lot," her auntie chortled. I just nodded at the akward situation. This all I know from Heena.

"Yeonnie is lucky to have a friend like you," she started again. I looked at the middle-aged lady. She stared back, tears started forming around her eyes. "Sorry, excuse me, really," she excused herself as she went to the kitchen. Did I say something wrong?

Sooyeon then suddenly came running down from upstairs. "Eh? Where's my aunt?" she asked. I point to the kitchen. She darted off to the kitchen and they had a little conversation.

I let my thoughts wander to Sooyeon. She was wearing a plain white T-shirt, like me, and black short pants. "Kaja~" she suddenly came out of the kitchen. "Ah kaja," I said as I took her hand and led her out the door. We both put our shoes on and greeted goodbye to her aunt. "Eomma annyeong~" Sooyeon said before locking the door to the house and we both went to the opposite ways her aunt went.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked her. "Ani." she said as she traced her fingers on the tattoo on my arm. "Then?" I asked her again as we approached the bus stop.

"You looked so much like her deceased son, cousin to me. He passed away a year ago in a car accident. But that's all. And well she like you better than Yoseob," she choked out as we went up the bus. "So where we heading?" she asked.

"Amusement Park?"

"No, too much Yoseob memories there,"

"Beach?"

"No, spent my second month anniversary there,"

"Park?"

"No, he asked me out there remember,"

"XXX Cafe?"

"No, had my last dinner date with Yoseob there,"

"There's too much Yoseob is it? Let's just go to McDonalds then,"

"No, that was where we ate for dinner two weeks ago midnight,"

I pouted. "Mall," Sooyeon said. "I never went on a date with him there,surprisingly," she said trying not to cry again. I wiped her tears with my thumb. "Forget Yoseob. I'm here, and I won't leave," I told her.

She looked at me and smile.

I leaned in, my lips inches away from her. I look into her eyes as she looked into mine. "J- junhyung," her lips quivered. I leaned in further and closed the gap. My lips landed on her soft ones. I directly pulled away then. Just one peck and it got me blushing like crazy. And note this, I rarely blush, almost never.

I my lips. "Green Apple~" I sung. Sooyeon gave me a giggle. Her cheeks were flustered a rosemary shade.

I love her. Yoseob was a jerk to leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

so double update~
and well the aunt part was just irrelevant
but its just a show of how her family chose junhyung over yoseob
and that might influence sooyeon to like junhyung

i mean usually its always like that right?

but anyways, the story has reached a certain turning point!

so look forward to the rest
comments are always loves
subscribers are always warmly welcomed~

xoxo,
rainbowscones