Chapter 15 : Move On, But Don't Forget Me

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Sooyeon

"What is all this?" I asked the boy in front of me, the girl beside him clinging onto his arm. "S- Sooyeon," the guilty boy shocked to see me. "I c- can explain," he straightened out. "He doesn't like you anymore," the cute girl beside Yoseob sneered at me.

I didn't say a word, but neither did Yoseob. "I said, he doesn't like you anymore," the petite girl repeated, pulling a lifeless Yoseob closer to her. "I'm not asking you, I'm asking Yoseob," I forced those words on her as I intensely glare at Yoseob.

"Didn't I tell you already, he do--" the girl was fumed with anger and was already yelling, until Yoseob cuts in. "Enough Jieun, enough now," he whispered to the girl and pat her on the head.

The bell loudly rang, causing the crowd that was watching us dissipate into a hustle and bustle.

"Shouldn't you be going to class now?" Yoseob eyed me and Jieun, trying to escape. "No, I have free period for first, and you too. I can listen to your explanation, I have time," I told him, and smiled my best smile. The girl tilted her head and looked at me. I half-expected her to be sending me death glares, but she wasn't. She stared at me in awe, like I was a piece of Leonardo da Vinci artwork.

"I'll get going then, you can handle this much by yourself right? Rethink about what I said this morning, Ara?" Jieun whispered to Yoseob, loud enough for me to hear. She then planted a soft kiss on Yoseob's right cheek and smiled at him and me, before skipping her way to her class.

I was about to demand an explanation when I saw Yoseob getting punched, beaten up, right in front of my face. A crowd started gathering around us again.

"S-- Stop! N- No!" I yelled, eyes shut, ears closed, "D- Don't!"

"Stop!" someome seemed to have intercepted the fight. I opened my eyes. Doojoon and Hyunseung was holding a beaten Yoseob in their arms. Gikwang and Dongwoon was pulling a frustated Junhyung back. "Let's all just talk this through nicely," Doojoon wisely adviced.I nodded as Doojoon pulled me into his arms and led me away.

As soon as we were on the rooftop, I sat on the bench next to Doojoon while Yoseob and Junhyung sat across us. The other 3 were just watching the tension that hung between Junhyung and Yoseob.

"You hurt her. I gave her up to you knowing that she'd be fine and protected with you and this is how you treated her?" Junhyung yelled at Yoseob, jolting out of his seat. I could feel Doojoon fidget, ready to bring him down in case he does anything funny.

"Listen, I--" Yoseob tried to clear himself. Junhyung kept ranting on and on. I watched them in silence. I'm honestly hurt at what I saw this morning, especially the kiss. And watching both of them fighting like this doesn't really help.

"LISTEN!" Yoseob growled and gritted his teeth

. Junhyung finally stopped ranting and his eyea diverted to Yoseob. Actually, all eyes diverted to him. Its the first time I've seen him thismad, gnarling at all of us, even his friends.

"Firstly, I didn't come home last night since I went to visit my mother who came from Daegu. I brought Jieun to meet my mother," he clarified. "and I slept in my old house with my mother and Jieun. There your question is answered Doojoon," he seethed through his teeth.

"Next, yes I did kiss Jieun just now, or let her kiss me. Same thing. There, all your questioned answered." he groaned agaim, looking at the passing clouds.

"Lastly, you can have her Junhyung. Isn't that what you wanted all along?" Yoseob once again barked.

My heart pained.

Those words he just said.

Am I hallucinating?

Is this real?

I shook my head and buried my head on Doojoon's shoulder. He pats my head and I sobbed there, wetting his uniform. I appreciated his gesture, I felt like he's my older brother.

"Just like that Yoseob? Just like that?" I whispered, getting the attention of everyone. Yoseob nodded, showing no expression whatsoever. He snickered at all of us, watching the vast sky. I pulled away from Doojoon and walked to Yoseob.

My hands reached out behind my neck as I unclasp the necklace. "Tell me, do we end here?" I asked, expecting a no. Yoseob didn't say a word, didn't shake his head, didn't even look at me.

"Do you love her? That's all I need to know then," I asked him once more, tears wildly rolling down my cheek, unstoppable. Junhyung reached out behind me and tried to wipe my tears away. I pushed his hand softly and walked towards Yoseob. Yoseob opened his mouth but hesitated. I didn't need his answer, I knew.

I leaned over Yoseob and hugged him, probably for the last time. I clasped the necklace chain behind his neck.

"Be happy. Move on, but don't forget me," I whispered to his ear and smiled. As I pulled back, Yoseob's arm weakly clung over my back.

"No, I don't Sooyeon. I don't, never had and never will. Mianhae," he whispered, his hot breath could be felt lingering on my neck.

I didn't understand his words tjough but I just pulled away from his hold. "Let's go," I said as I ran into Junhyung's arms. He held me in his arms and glare at Yoseob for one last time before taking me away.

"Its' okay, you have me," Junhyung whispered before kissing my forehead.

I nodded again and snuggled into his warm embrace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

short chapter, yes.
but i'll give you a double update today, ara?
i promise~ X3
keke~ and really the girl is Jieun a.k.a IU
i mean all story of Yoseob being with an idol girl would be with IU, right?

 

anywho,
comments are always warmly welcomed~
and subscribe please~

kamsahae~

xoxo,
rainbowscones