Chapter 10 : Kiss

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

sooyeon

i walked hand in hand with yoseob into our class, sociology. i sat in the front seats with yoseob beside me. i smiled at him as i took out my sociology file and books. "sooyeonie, don't forget our dinner date tonight okay?" he said with a cute grin on his face. i nodded and gave him a smile before the teacher came in.

its been 2 weeks since i dated him.

"good morning class, today our topic, marriage, is related to our chapter family." Kim sonsaengnim's voice boomed. i've always hated him, and his voice, and his subject. i opened my notebook and took my pink pen out. i drew little hearts on the corner of the book.

and another one.

and another one.

until my whole cover page was filled with little pink hearts floating around. i smiled, looking at how cute my notebook looks. "Ms.Jung, would you do the honor of answering my question?" "eh? n- ne," i stood up from my seat. "Sociologists believe that most women nowadays don't marry for love, and that marriage, love, and dating has lost its value. what is your opinion on this matter?" Mr.Kim asked.

whatthehelldidhesay? "i- eumhh-- well-- i think that people nowadays still marry for love," i answered, slightly stuttering. "i object!" someone slammed their book on the table. "well well Mr.Yong, this isn't a debate so mind your manners. but sure, do tell the class your opinion towards this matter," Mr.Kim said, shaking his head.

i turned my head to junhyung, like yoseob. heena, who was sitting next to junhyung, seemed to be smiling and all while looking at junhyung. i sighed. heena and junhyung seemed to have drifted apart from the group after me and yoseob dated.

are they angry? since, well, i took junhyung's best friend from him and yoseob took me away from heena. well, at least heena still calls me. even after i moved out of her house and moved into my mother's grandparents instead.

"well, a lot of people they marry just for the sake of marrying. get me? you know like just so they're not single? or to help improve their economical state? or get someone jealous?" junhyung clearly replied. "that is ac--" Mr.Kim was snipped off his words.

"or maybe they marry just for trying? just to GIVE LOVE ANOTHER TRY?" he said, emphasizing the last few words that stabbed my heart deep. his eyes were fixated on me, like a lion ready to pounce on his prey.

junhyung

"or maybe they marry just for trying? just to GIVE LOVE ANOTHER TRY?" i yelled the last 4 words, making sure it left a scar on sooyeon. i had my eyes on her, looking at her bite her lips nervously. oooh my words did dig in deep.

"err- what do you mean?" Mr.Kim asked, confused and dazed. "well Mr.Kim, you know like how cohabitant couples tend to just give love a try and blablablabla" heena said, saving me from all the questions.

--- after class ---

"heena, ready?" i asked her and she nodded. "you'll owe me you know. remember the bet?" she said, smirking. "no, you'll lose screw it." i told her as i intertwined my fingers with her.

"yang yoseob! jung sooyeon!" heena chirped as she skipped, dragging me towards them. i then felt my heart drop, looking at yoseob's hand around sooyeon's waist and sooyeon's head leaned against his shoulders. i breathed in a big huff.

both yoseob and sooyeon turned around and gasped, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. "what kind of sorcery is this?" yoseob gasped, pointing at my hand that was connected to heena's. sooyeon pulled away from yoseob's arm and went to us both. "omooooo are you both dating?" she asked, looking down. "yes, but we just didn't want to steal the attention from you two lovebirds before. so we thought we'll tell you now," i chortled.

heena let out a little chuckle, stealing short glances at yoseob's reaction. i was also waiting for sooyeon's reaction.

"congratulations! omo this is so weird! chukhaeyo~ lets see, why not have a double date then? tonight? at the restaurant where last year's prom was held, arrachi? wear something fancy~" yoseob chirped in a happy tune, patting my back. "umm-- ch- chukhae," sooyeon said with a stoic expression. she then gave me a soft, gentle smile. she then took heena's hand in hers and gave it an assuring squeeze. be careful dearie~ remember, he's a byuntae," she joked before going back into her boyfriend's arms.

sooyeon hurriedly drag yoseob away as yoseob mouther "at 7pm sharp" to me and heena. i just gave him a cold stare and a wave. "so, 7pm tonight? i'll fetch you." i coldly told heena. "ohkay, here's my address. wear something nice. its bad enough i have to date you when yoseob is in front of my very own eyes," she shrugged off, handing me a piece of paper and walking away.

heena

at 6.30 pm, my doorbell rang. i smiled. i was dressed in a one-shoulder purple chiffon dress with my matching beaded heels. my black hair was curled inwards and was neatly pinned with a matching purple bow. i opened the door to see junhyung. "let's go," he coldly whispered and left for the car. i sighed.

--- at the little double date ---

the situation was really awkrad. as in, no lies. so here i am, sitting next to junhyung with yoseob across me while sooyeon sat beside yoseob. yoseob was happily looking through the menu while humming a soft, melodious tune, junhyung and sooyeon, on the other hand, was having this glare contest. if one of them would've directed their stare at me, i could've been six feet underground right now.

yoseob then called on the waiter.

"i'll have this this this ooh this this this and that as well thank you," yoseob said, flashing a grin at the writer hatily writing down yoseob's orders on the note pad. "what will you have heena?" he asked. "i'll just have this one please," i pointed at some random picture of a steak. "i'll order later thank you, if you might excuse me just a minute," sooyeon said before grumpily stomping outside the restaurant.

"what's wrong with her?" yoseob cooed. both me and junhyung looked at each other and shrugged. "i don't know bro, maybe PMS? i'm just going to get fresh air," junhyung said as he stuff a piece of tissue paper in my hand before leaving. i opened the tissue paper underneath.

"keep the boy busy, here's our chance." it wrote. i looked at yoseob who was eyeing the restaurant entrance. "what is it," i asked.

"just worried. see, that was the first time i saw sooyeon mad. and i don't think i did anything wrong, did i? heena what is this why is she so mad at me?" yoseob said, holding his head in his hair while resting his shoulders on the table. i gulped.

i think i could hear my heart fall from a 10-storey high building, clattering and breaking into a gazillion pieces.

"you're perfect," i told him, who lifted his head at my words. "i don't want sooyeon or anyone to change you. you're perfect, too perfect for sooyeon even," i honestly let go of the words building inside my heart.

"what do you mean?" yoseob questioned.

junhyung

i went out of the restaurant to find sooyeon there, leaning near the lift. i went by her side and leaned next to her. "what?" she growled. "nothing. just thought we'd talk," i told her, moving to make me face her. i pinned her in between my arms. "did my words stab you that deep?" i asked her, smirking.

she puffed air into her cheek. i smiled. her hair was let loose as it trails down her bare shoulder and back. her fringe was clipped up by a black bobby pin. her black dress flowed down to her knee, the puffy strap was on her arm, revealing her shoulder. "let me go," she demanded with a stern command. she lightly pushed my arm but it just won't budge.

i won't let it budge.

sooyeon's finger trailed on the tattoo i have on my arm. "fancy huh? carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. seize the day and put as little trust as you can on the future," i whispered next to her ear. she fidgeted a little and from the corner of my eye, could she her nibbling on her bottom lip. i pulled my face away from her ear and looked at her.

"what are you doing? yoseob is waiting. and so if your GIRLFRIEND heena," she groaned, emphasizing a little on the girlfriend. "oh baby, we're not dating," i told her, giving her a little smile. she looked at the restaurant's entrance nervously. "junhyung you better don't do anything funny," she croaked, weakly pushing my arms away.

no way in hell am i going to do that.

"look sooyeon, why yoseob? it could've been me for all i care. just answer me this once and i'll leave you. why say yes to him? knowing that my heart might hurt at your decision" i asked, genuinely letting the words flow from my heart, to my thoughts, to my lips.

she gulped. "maybe because you never told me? or the fact that when i thought i might start liking you, you were snugging your lips on some other girl's lips? i thought you were just a playboy on appearance, for all the attention you gave. but then apparently, yoseob might be a better choice. if i am going to learn to love, shouldn't i learn to grow love with someone who's geunine? someone who's true?" she whispered faintly, her words trailing to my ears.

"shouldn't i learn to love with someone who won't play with me?" she finally ended, with a sigh. i pushed her hair behind her shoulder. "but you don't love him," i jabbed the words at her heart. tears rimmed on her eyes. "b- but i'll learn! that's the whole point," she cried, raising her hand to cover her eyes as tears rolled down her cheek.

"don't," i whispered, wiping her wet cheek.

she looks up at me. i leaned forward as my arm s behind her waist, holding her perfectly still. i laid my lips on hers. she puts her hand on my chest, pushing me away, but i kissed her a little longer. to me, it felt like we were trapped in a crystal snow-globe perfection of the moment. her lips were soft, and it felt like our lips belonged together.

i pushed away. her cheeks were flustered red as she looked down, biting her bottom lip like usual. i my lips. "cherry. cherry chapstick." i said, tasting the chapstick left on my lips. she smiled, trying to keep in the giggle building in her.

"w- wha- whatever," she groggily replied, to which i chuckled at. she hit my arms and i finally let go. she then moved away from me, strutting into the ladies' room. she took a last glance before going in. she flashed a nice smile.

heaven. that kiss was heaven.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

mostdefinitely too lazy to even colour-code

mianhae:(

i am sick right now, . that's why i got bored of being in bed and updated on a school night.

but anyways,

all yeobos, mianhae, jeongmal jeongmal mianhae

i just felt so biased (omg what's with me and the socio terms grr sociology test upcoming and it's eating my brain up) to junhyung

but lets see where the story sort of flows:(

do comment and subscribe okay my babies:*

xoxo,

raimbowscones