Chapter 11 : The Vulnerable One

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

yoseob

"what do you mean?" i voiced out my concern. well heena is really odd, she looks like she was about to cry. i looked at her, she was looking down, hiding her face behind her hair. "d- did i say something wrong?"

"ani."she shortly answered.

"then what was that about?" i asked again.

she ightly shook her head and looked back at me. "why don't you catch up with junhyung and sooyeon? they're taking really long. i'm worried that they might you know, be lost?" she smirked. i tilt my head and look at my golden wristwatch. well its been minutes. maybe the restroom was far away? ck, i better go check.

"shouldn't i learn to love with someone who won't play with me?" i hear sooyeon's voice on the corner hall near the lift. i darted nearing the voice when i saw her there, trapped in between junhyung's arms, back to the wall. i hid behind a wall and listened to their conversation.

"but you don't love him,"

him? who him?

"b- but i'll learn! that's the whole point!" i could hear sooyeongetting frustated, raising her voice a pitch higher. i took a peek and saw her arm covering her eyes, probably to stop the tears from coming out.

"don't," junhyung whispered to her as he gently removed her arm and wiped her tears. i wish i was him.

the both of them held gazes with each other before junhyung leaned into her. my eyes grew wide, my heart raced a marathon, my breathing was messy.

junhyung leaned in slowly.

sooyeon knew.

but she didn't move.

and they...

... kissed.

junhyung's lips were on sooyeon's. he just kissed her and she didn't even bother dodging. my heart dropped, shattered into a million pieces. sooyeon was like the first girl i ever commited to, as in a relationship. and this is how she treats me?

"y- yoseob oppa?"

i turned around.

heena

i looked at the three of them from afar. yoseob was clutching to his shirt, where his heart should be, well biologically speaking. junhyung was giving sooyeon what seems like a rather long kiss. i looked at the sad gaze yoseob had.

i hurriedly took out my phone and texted junhyung.

"i don't even think i want to break them up anymore." i texted. it hurts me as much to see yoseob's sad gaze. as jealous as i am, i liked it when he looks at sooyeon lovingly. sooyeon was just a dumb girl to betray his love.

i walked towards yoseob, my heel clacking against the marble floor, but again yoseob seemed too hurt to even care. "y- yoseob oppa," i called out.

he turned around. "ah its you heena. c- come lets just go back to the resturant. you must be starving right? let's eat a lot lot lot lot!" he cheered, elated. i looked at him, stern. "when are you going to stop lying to yourself?"

"eh?"

"i know you're not dumb. you knew that both of them has a thing for each other. face it."

"b- but..."

"no buts. you're just too patient. let go and move on," i harshly bite with my words. i grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards junhyung who was leaning calmly on the wall. i went in front of junhyung and slapped him, hard.

junhyung

that kiss was heaven. it was heavenly. it was so different. it was like first kiss all over again.

i slouched a little, leaning on the wall where sooyeon stood just moments ago. i stared at the ceiling and sighed. is this what it felt like to be genuinely in love?

all of a sudden, 2 pair of stilettos come clicking my way, and a pair of squeaky sneakers as well. i looked to my left and saw sooyeon coming out. but then...

SLAP!

i looked to the direction of the slap as i took my slapped cheek in hand. i saw heena there, palm raised, with yoseob behind her. sooyeon stopped in her way.

"jerk. you know what? i don't think i want to help you anymore." heena whispered. sooyeon walked closer to us and looked at yoseob with guilt. her chocolate eyes widened, like she was scared. she was heavily breathing. her eyes met yoseob's.

yoseob stared at her plainly, before giving her a sincere smile. i could see the fear in sooyeon's eyes melt away and replaced with guilt. yoseob broke free from heena's grip and walked over to sooyeon.

sooyeon

i looked at him, guilt clawing my heart like a vine of thorns. i tried controlling my breathing, but i failed. i breathed wildly like i just ran a whole marathon. my chest was gripped in pain, like it was being squeezed. my eyes widened, proabably in fear. fear of yoseob. did he see us kissing? as much as i would like to admit that i liked the kiss, i am unsure of my feelings.

i like yoseob.

i like junhyung.

screw you heart, stop playing with my feelings.

yoseob turned his head and our gazes meet. his brown eyes were soft and gentle, he puts a warm smile on his face. his assuring smile melted all the fear away. he walked my way and gently held me hand in his.

heena, on cue, dragged junhyung away, into the opening lift doors.

i could feel yoseob's gentle warmth spreading. from my fingertips, through my palm, up my arms, seeping into my shoulder, creeping its way up my neck, making its way into my jawline, dashing into my heart, filling my lungs, crawling into my lips. it was like it shot up into my nerves.

yoseob then let go of my wrists. he smiled, revealing his teeth a little. "sooyeon, as much as it hurts, i get it. you're probably in a dilemma. you're just learning to feel love in there again," he pointed to where my heart is. i clutched my dress. he smiled again.

"maybe you don't love me now, but you will later. i'll pass the kiss off. you know, maybe it really is my fault for being too err-- passive i guess?" he muttered, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. i looked at him with shock. i thought he was going to ask for a break up.

"y- you're too vulnerable, too fragile. i might hurt you again. because my pabo brain and my pabo heart is always against each other," i clearly stated, clenching my dress harder. i started biting my lips again.

"don't do that," he said, brushing his fingers along my jawline. all the heat in my body rushed up to my cheek. i stopped nibbling on my lips and just nervously shifts my weight to one leg.

"so are we you know still together?" i looked at him as he asked me. i am at the wrong here, not him. i threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. "m- mi- mianhae. for hurting you. for being a klutz, i promise i won't, i won't," i said, as i hugged him tight.

yoseob nodded and pulled away from the hug. "please promise you won't," he whispered, probably thinking i didn't hear that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

okay that was a weird chapter. yoseob is being too lenient really :( so much like a guy i once knew ;)
but that's always the image i had for yoseob anyways.

you,

please comment and subscribe!

xoxo,rainbowscones