Chapter 12 : The Strong One

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

yoseob

as much as it hurts, i think sooyeon deserves another chance. i don't want to just jump into any conclusions, i mean i know that her past boyfriend sort of did suicide and everyone blamed her for it. maybe she just didn't know what to do?

sooyeon threw her arms around my neck. "m- m- mianhae. for hurting you. for being a klutz, i promise, i won't, i won't," she whispered in her melodious voice, hugging me tight. I smiled in the hug.

I gave her an assuring nod and pulled away from the hug. "please promise you won't" i whispered and sighed. sooyeon was walking beside me, i think she didn't hear that one. "i really don't think i'm up for dinner," sooyeon told me and shook her head.

"you know, maybe its best if we both go home, erase all of this from our memories forever, and start fresh tomorrow. ara?" i smiled to the slumped sooyeon. she looked up and faced me.

Her beauty was beyond compare, her lips were so plump and perfect, her eyes were round and of a warm chocolate colour. Her cheeks were clearly pink, seen against her white complexion. She only applied thin makeup on that night. Her eyelids were a soft shade of grey, emphasizing on the sad look she had on her face.

"yah, my princess sooyeon, ara?" i chirped and carried her up bridal style, giving her a peck on her forehead. she giggled a little and nodded. i pushed the lift button and entered. the lift zoomed down from the tenth floor down to the ground floor. and by the time the lift reopened, sooyeon was resting her head against my chest, drowsy.

"just sleep," i whispered to her and snuggle my lips against her forehead as i flagged down a taxi.

sooyeon

--- 2 months after ---

"yoseob," i called out. "you betrayed me. you kissed him. you hurt me." yoseob's voice came from everywhere. i couldn't see in this darkness. "please no, give me another chance!" i yelled in despair. "you gave me this scab in my heart and this might never disappear my whole life. you've hurt me once and that's enough! we're breaking up!" he yelled, anger and fury fired the force in his voice.

"what? no, you can't. i promise i'll forget junhyung or whoever for you," i yelled, crumbling down to my knees. there was no response, just a echo of my voice returned. the darkness was silent, only a constant sobbing of mine escaped and breaks the stillness.

"YOSEOB!" i yelled as i jerked up my bed and hit the dream catcher my mom once made for me. "ouch. damn, that was a dream, i really thought you know--" i said, rubbing the top of my head as i talked to myself. i get all these dreams often, probably 7 nights every week, which equals to every night.

all the memories from that night a couple of months ago replayed in my head. i'm still with yoseob, and junhyung is still all flirty on me, but i just never did anything to stop it.

i can't bring myself to stop junhyung from going after me. my heart is still a pabo, like my brain.

i throw my head on the pillow and sighed. "Jung Sooyeon! are you up yet? its 5.50 and if you don't get up soon you'll be late! besides, i don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting!" my uncle yelled from the first floor of the house.

i jerked up my bed again. boyfriend?

i rushed into the toilet and did all the necessary things and zoomed into my uniform. i grabbed the cell phone on my bedside table. "6.01AM" it read. i hurriedly combed my hair and tie it up into a nice ponytail. i then painted pastel pink eyeshadow on my eyelids and smudged some gloss on my lips.

"JUNG SOOYEON HURRY UP BREAKFAST IS READY!" my uncle yelled really loud. "Coming~" i hummed as i pulled my socks up and dash down the stairs.

"breakfast's ready. and your uncle is currently eating with your boyfriend. ck oh you look like your mother. i wish your boyfriend won't be like your father," my aunt told me as she helped me tie the necktie of my uniform. i giggled a little and smiled at my aunt.

"oh and by the way sooyeon, do you have two boyfriends?" my aunt whispered before passing me and walk off upstairs. eh? two boyfriends? whatever, maybe she just forgot the fact that my ex passed away, she's already old.

i hummed a nice tune as i waltzed into the dining room. "good morning uncle~" i chirped, giving him a peck on the cheek. "ah you're ready! go eat breakfast and we can set off for school," a familiar husky voice called out behind me and my uncle. oh crap.

i turned around and saw him standing there. my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. the boy standing in front of me move forward and hugged my slim waist. "aish you teenagers and your hormones," my uncle chortled before standing up from the dining chair and makes his way to the living room.

"just play along," he whispered, his lips touching my earlobes. shivers were sent running down my spine. i think those were shivers of pleasure disgust. i pulled away from him and sat on one of the chairs. i gobbled up the omelette on the plate and wiped my mouth. i opened my cell phone. "6.09AM". oh and i even got a new text message.

"baby i'm outside~ waiting with heena! come out!" the text read. i rushed to my room and took my bag and slung it behind my back. "uncle, auntie~ i'm leaving." i said, using my shoes. my "boyfriend" bowed and opened the door for me. "no thank you," i growled at him, only to get a smirk back.

lucky for him my aunt was still watching. i darted off to a very shocked yoseob and heena. "don't ask, my aunt is still watching." i muttered, at the two of them and at junhyung, my "boyfriend".

i was really pissed off at him, like really really really ticked off i could break down the great wal of china with a punch of a fist. when we walked down the block and turned left for our school. i quickly turn around and send a slap down junhyung's face. "jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk," i yelled before taking yoseob's hand and ran to school.

i ran and ran and ran with yoseob. not because i was scared that he could chase me down. i was scared that i might get things going again with junhyung. i need to commit to my relationship with yoseob, and junhyung's in my way of doing that.

the only way i can do that is to forget him, delete him from my brain, erase him from my heart.

i might hurt junhyung, but he's strong, yoseob isn't.

Junhyung

sooyeon raised her arm and gave me a slap. "jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk," she screamed before she took off with her "oh-so-charming-prince". tch.

"here, that should hurt. count this as an apology for last time, for slapping you you know," heena smiled as she pressed her cold water bottle on my slapped cheek. i took the water bottle in my hand and pressed it harder. "i'll be fine. besides its hard for you to do it, you're short, you need to tiptoe to reach my cheek," i harshly told her before sticking my tongue out, showing her i was joking.

"i'll use heels next time," she giggled. "you know what?" she started. i looked at her as i felt the coldness of the water bottle cool down the sting of the slap. at least the cold can help with the physical pain.

"i think she left you because she thought that you can move on. yoseob probably couldn't." heena stated clearly, looking at me eagerly, making it a point that i was listening. "eh?"

"sooyeon always told me that yoseob is just a fragile, innocent soul. he's so nice that even if someone hurts him, he won't even bother for revenge. you know, like a kill them with kindness thing?"

i nodded.

"on the other hand, sooyeon always told me that you're strong, and even if a tsunami came you'd probably withstand it. sooyeon would always tell me that if she has to let anyone in this world down, it'd be you."

"ha? why?"

"according to her, you're the only one who would understand. you're fierce, you're strong, but inside, you're patient, aren't you?" heena ended, just as we reached school.

"anyways, i'll catch with you later. keep the water bottle, just return to me later okay," she said, skipping into the hallways. i nodded and waved at her.

sooyeon, you told her that just so i would hear it right? just so i would face the fact that you just ditched me for yoseob, choosing that boy over me?

you wanted me to face the fact that i can't have you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear you

i just learned how to use the you tag.
so i am using it once and then, here and there.

but anyways, how's the story so far huh? well, so here's a sum up:

<< after that night, they were all cool. 2 months went by. yoseob is still with sooyeon, and junhyung still attempts to break them up. sooyeon knew she had to stop him, but she still had a tiny bit of feelings for junhyung, despite loving yoseob so much. heena is pretty much cool. but so one day, junhyung visited sooyeon's house pretending to be her boyfriend. it ticked sooyeon off, and got her thinking. she thought that she had to put an end to this. so she decided to leave him forever for yoseob, and she's going to try to avoid junhyung. heena told junhyung her theory of why sooyeon chose yoseob. and that also got him thinking>>

oh and please read y other fic, FIREFLIES

<>

and as usual, you please subscribe and comment! :*

xoxo,
rainbowscones

 

comment replies:
@iamab2uty : haha everyone wants to date a guy like that!
@kwangiee : yes! exactly~ yoseob looks so delicate and fragile, like a rose petal maybe?
@FreakyJJ : i see a yeobo there~