Chapter 13 : Leaving

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

junhyung

i slammed my lunch tray on the table and sat down on the long bench. I scooted and sat right next to sooyeon. She looks at me and directed her gaze back to yoseob, "aish oppa, lets have lunch at the rooftop instead, shall we? its really hot here in the canteen," she pouted with aegyo and pointed at the broken air conditioner. yoseob smiled at her aegyo and nodded.

He grabbed the lunch sooyeon brought for both of them and politely asked heena, "Heena, want to join us?" Heena shook her head. "Ani, I'll just stay. I don't  want to be a third wheel to your little romantic lunch," she giggled cheerfully. sooyeon then hugged yoseob's arm and literally dragged him out of the canteen.

Heena took out her little recorder, where she tapes her own voice reciting whatever happens on that day, and make it an audio diary. *Beep* "day 5 of junhyung's loneliness. sooyeon went to the rooftop to have lunch with yoseob just because junhyung came to sit with us three for lunch. junhyung got ditched," she recorded and turned the recorder off.

She hummed a happy tune and started eating. I sighed, looking at her doing that every single day. She told me that those recordings were for her blog. Her blog followers loved listening to how sooyeon always finds a way to avoid me. Some of heena's blog followers even said i was a jerk for not letting sooyeon go live happily with yoseob.

who are they to judge? "what do i do now," i groaned as i stuff the spaghetti carbonara in my mouth. "do nothing? move on? stop being so hard-headed?" heena cooed in.

"yah i didn't ask for opinions!" i grumbled. "well wasn't that a question?" she joked. i didn't laugh. i just gave her a stoic expression and went "ha ha" she pouted and leaned in from across the table to smack my arm.

"its frustrating though," i complained. heena gave me one symphatetic smile. "that's for being a tough cookie. i'm probably the only one who knows how vulnerable you really are, to call me at 1AM in the morning and" she smirked and then bent over the table, whispering to me "cried your stupid eyes out."

"YAH! OI!" i panicked. i did not cry, wait, well okay i did. "it was just once okay! i couldn't sleep and well no one knows about all this little mayhem but you, so i called you," i admitted.

"ooh heena, does sooyeon not know how much i love her? how much i wish i can be the one to hug her? and not yoseob," heena mimicked with her foolish face.

"ah was that the time where he tossed and turned but couldn't rest because he was thinking too much about heena? i remember. it was about midnight right? and he bawled his eyes out?" someone suddenly interrupted.

"he definitely cried there. first time i saw him cried, really," another voice added. hyunseung and doojoon proceeded to sat beside me, while gikwang and dongwoon took their seat beside heena. heena hi-fived hyunseung when he said he saw me CRY.

i was ticked off.

yoseob

sooyeon held tightly to my wrist as we both walked up the stairs to the rooftop in silence. i opened the door and let her go out to the rooftop first before i went out. "fabulous weather today uh?" she asked, clenching on the wired fence of the rooftop, her eyes fixated on the puffy cotton balls decorating the blue sky.

i set out the lunch on the old, wooden picnic table. i glance over at sooyeon. she was admiring the sky, her head tilted upwards, her hands spread out wide like she was trying to soar her wings. her long hair flowed from the strong wind. a smile was spread across her face.

i took the chance and lifted up my cell phone camera, fitting her petite body, the wired fence, and blue sky, into one frame. "say cheese," i yelled from a distance, clicking the capture button.

*click*

i looked at the result. and i sighed at it as i felt my heart, once again, tear itself and try to rip me inside out. in the picture, sooyeon could be seen grabbing the wired fence, her long hair flowing wildly from the wind.

she had a surprised expression in her face since i captured it the moment she turned to me. a closer look at her face would tell you all. she wasn't admiring the sky at all.

she threw her head backwards to keep the tear from flowing.

i set that picture as my wallpaper, just to remind me that until now, sooyeon still hasn't belonged to me. she might physically be here, with me, being mine right now. but her thoughts and soul was wandering off, probably looking for junhyung.

"let's have lunch," i called to her and sat on the bench. sooyeon nodded and ran towards me, popping into the seat next to me. she gave me a sincere smile and planted a kiss on my cheek. i smiled and kissed her forehead.

why can't you just be mine?

you might think that giving me kisses and hugs will direct me from the fact that you might still like junhyung? and that by focusing on me and ignoring junhyung you'll finaly get to love me? everytime i look at you smile, its always different from the way you smiled at junhyung that night a couple of months ago.

every kiss we share, you don't seem to like it as much as that short peck you had with junhyung. i wonder if by keeping you by my side, i'm doing the right thing?

"what's wrong chagi? is my cute yang yoseobie spacing out emm? now eat, i made you really nice lunch for today so you better finish it, ara?" sooyeon said, opening the lunchbox and started eating. i took the chopsticks from the box and started eating as well.

i looked at sooyeon as she eats, happily blabbing about the mess she made in the kitchen and how her uncle was the one who helped her made this.

am i selfish sooyeon? to own your heart like this when it definitely belongs to someone else?

*beep*

eh? i got a text message from my mother. "what is it?" sooyeon asked, silently chewing on her food. "nothing, just a text from my mom. she tilted her head cutely and looked at me with a worried gaze. "if you say so then~" she sung and gave me a warm smile.

sooyeon, stop making me fall for you even more when you can't love me as much, please.

i ignored the text message and continued eating. after we ate, we packed up and i left her with heena for my next class. i had free period while she has an extra class. "bye chagi~" i whispered, kissing her forehead and touched the tip of her nose before walking the opposite direction.

i walked over to the soccer field to watch doojoon practice soccer. i sat on the bleachers and fanned myself. "aish, a while ago the weather was perfect," i mumbled. "i know right, it just got extremely hot all of a sudden," he groaned, sitting next to me, drinking from his bottled water.

"yah, doojoon. can i ask you something?" i asked, not wanting to meet his eyes. i fiddled with my thumb. "eh-- sure" he answered.

doojoon

"yah, doojoon. can i ask you something?" yoseob asked, looking at his thumb as he fiddled with it. its so rare for this playful yoseob to call me doojoon. something must've went wrong. "eh-- sure," i hesitantly answered.

"you definitely can see the chemistry between sooyeon and junhyung right? i- i wonder i- if emm-- i- if i'm selfish to keep her," he sighed. i didn't know how to respond, really. "like, sooyeon definitely likes junhyung, she just thinks that i'll hurt if she leaves me, which is true. she just thinks that junhyung can bear this since he's a tough cookie," he continued.

"but that means she loves me by choice, not by what she really feels," he ended, a sad expression hung on his face. he looks at me expectantly, probably waiting for an answer.

"well umm-- i think sooyeon is happy with you," i innocently answered. its the truth what? "she's happy, yes. but she's not content, do you get me?" he rebutted my answer. i could see from a distance my soccer team members caling me for practice again.

"do what you think is best. for both of you, and for junhyung as well. i don't get how things are, but i believe you're wise enough to decide for yourself how things will be between you and sooyeon," i smoothly adviced him.

i felt like a hundred years old all of a sudden, like i'm some wise teacher. i smirked, content with my answer. yoseob sat there glued to his seat, checking through his phone, when his eyes suddenly light up. "you're right doodoo! thank you for your advice, it helped me a lot!" yoseob told me and pat me in the back, before zooming past me somewhere.

whatever, i just hope that a fist-fight isn't going to happen.

sooyeon

i tried calling yoseob and i even texted him a couple of times. "grr! why is he not picking up?" i yelled angrily and smacked my phone on the table. i was really pissed off after detention, explains my bad mood.

i'm okay with detention honestly, but not late detention that last to 6. and worse, i was stuck in detention with junhyung. every glance i took, my heart twitched. every breath i take, i could smell his faint cologne, my heart sivered. every cough i heard echoing off the walls, my heart shuddered.

all throughout detention i drew sketches of yoseob just to get my mind off junhyung. those sketches did trick my mind, but not my heart. my heart beats like no tomorrow, and i think junhyung could hear it.

i swear i felt like tearing my heart out. there's something wrong with it, i should get it fixed.

"ireol jul arasseo~" my phone rang. i jumped and d the table for my cell phone. "yeobosayo?" i picked up.

"sooyeonie~ mianhae i didn't wait for you. my mother really needed me at home. oh and tomorrow, i'm sorry i can't fetch you either okay? i'm going to go with my mom somewhere first, i'll m- make up for it," yoseob's voice loomed on the other line. i felt rather disappointed. "ah, arasso. i- it's okay really. umm-- i'll be going home okay, call you later~" i told him over the line and received a soft mumble in return.

i sighed, took my backpack and walked home.

yoseob

"yeobosayo?" she sweetly called across the line.

i closed my eyes and breathe in. will you ever pick up to my calls again after what i'm going to do?

"sooyeonie~ mianhae i didn't wait for you. my mother really needed me at home. oh and tomorrow, i'm sorry i can't fetch you either okay? i'm going to go with my mom somewhere first, i'll m- make up for it," i smoothly lied, messing up in the end. she just told me it was fine and i was relieved she didn't have to ask me further or i might just die of guilt from lying to her.

"who was that?" the small-figured girl sitting in front of me asked.

"jung sooyeon, the girl i was just talking about," i replied, shaking my head.

"are you even sure you want to do this? she sounds like a nice girl," the girl questioned, taking a sip from her iced espresso.

i nodded, assuring the girl. "you know, i don't think i should though. i don't want to ruin anyone's relationship, you know that right?" she asked.

i nodded again.

"please, i'm begging you, just this very very very once," i plead, resting my head on the table.

"tell me what happened first,"

"why?"

"if its not for a good reason i won't do this. i might just end up being the death of both you and the sooyeon girl."

"arasso."

"so tell me, palli."

"stop urging me. but anyways, its just a complication."

"what complication?"

"sooyeon, she dated me of choice, not by what she truly feels. i might be having her presence and attention, her mind might be filled with me. but i don't own her feelings and love, her heart is occupied by another guy."

"she cheated?"

"no. she dates me out of pity, i might rephrase that."

"fine, do whatever you think is right. i'll just tag along." she ignorantly replied."gomawogomawogomawogomawo~" i chanted towards her.

"but don't blame me if something goes wrong. oh and you owe me an expensive sushi dinner," the girl warned, taking her last sip of espresso and left the coffee shop.

i sighed, my head still rested on the cold table.

i might hurt you a tad bit sooyeon, but junhyung will heal it. please don't look at me as a bad guy after this, i'm just doing what i feel is right to make you happy.

please don't forget me, don't forget that i still love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear you,

cliffhangers:*
oh i loveeee those, although this one is rather predictable B/
but anyways, you must have some question:
- who's the girl?
- what's going to happen next?
- what is yoseob planning?
- why did yoseob lie?
- what will happen to junhyung?
- why is yoseob sooo adorable?
- why is junhyung sooooooo fly?

lulz. but anyways, as usual, please subscribe and comment okays >,<
oh and i might be busy these few days, i have a lot of tests T_T
gomawo~

xoxo,
rainbowscones

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

comment replies:

@iamab2uty : haha why do you say so?
@FreakyJJ : *deathglare* he's my husband~~ >,<
@kwangiee : omg same here T_T
@yurifan14 : its the tag! check it out in the FAQs.