Chapter 19 : Be My Reason

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Junhyung

"Please, please let me stay like this. J- just for a little while longer," Sooyeon whispered faintly, her head lying on my chest as she clutched my shirt tightly in her fist. I gasped at her gesture, but I calmly wrapped my arms around her and her soft hair.

"What's wrong? What happened between you and Yoseob? I am honestly sorry for setting the meet up. I just thought that well, you should give Yoseob another chance," I explained, only earning a nod from the girl in my arms.

I could then feel something wet on my shirt. "Y- ya! Sooyeonie, uljimayo," I whispered, kissing the top of her head. "Did Yoseob hurt you? Did he yell at you? DId Yos--" I started spitting out all my worries to her, only to be cut short by her short words.

"I'm leaving Seoul. I'm going to move with my halmeoni there since I've been too much of a burden for my Aunt," she whispered a muffled whisper. "M- mwo? Wh- what are you saying? This is not a fancition (ironic XD) or a drama series!" I raised my voice slightly.

She pushed me away a little and gave me a frown.

"Oh, no, th- this is a soap opera," she sarcastically said, still partially sobbing.

"Are you lying to me?"

"Do I look like I'm lying?"

"Well you're biting your lips,"

"I'm not joking," she seriously retorted.

I look at her, searching for a laughter she's hiding. I'm waiting for her to tell me 'I'm joking' those words or 'you should look at your face when I lied'. I am honestly waiting for those words to come out.

But it didn't come.

"B- but you can't leave me here," I stuttered.

"Yes I can. You have your KINGKA group right? And the club girls? And even that new girl Hara has her eyes on you,"

"B- but,"

"You even have Heena to replace me don't you? I mean, she's as good as a sister as I am,"

Sister? Sooyeon, after all that you still think of me as a brother? I know you don't.

"But you can't just leave me. I love you. I've been loving you since the day we met at the corridor, and to think that you'll leave without ever letting me show how I feel, it'll break my heart, break it beyond repair," I muttered next to her ear as I pulled her into another warm embrace

I could feel her fingers tracing the tattoo on my shoulder. It trailed down my shoulder and reached my forearm. She made imaginary circles around the tattoo I have on my forearm.

"Carpe diem," we both said in unison. I pulled away from the hug, looking her right into her eye, trying to find any expresson in there since she was looking at me with such stoic expression.

"Seize the day Junhyung. Seize everything you can. Don't ever you try to wait for me. I don't want you to be single your whole life you know," she said, giggling a little at the end.

"I'm not even going to consider that a love confession ara? Just promise me you'll let me watch you 'I do' to your wife later on," she joked. But her joke seemed to cut me deep.

It was as if she's leaving and not planning to come back.

And

As if she didn't want to be with me. She wanted me to end up with another girl.

But I didn't want that. I mean, I know I set up a meet for her and Yoseob, but just because its Yoseob. I just realized what Yoseob was trying to do afterwards, after a whole lot of thinking. And I was a pabo to beat him up and drag Sooyeon away before letting Yoseob actually explain his intentions.

"Goodbye," Sooyeon whispered as she left me and went up her porch steps. "S- sooyeon," I called out her name, which might be the last time I get to do this. "I'm leaving tomorrow evening if that's what you want to ask. But I remind you, no one has to know. You are not welcomed at the airport either," she noted with a strict voice, talking to me with her back turned towards me.

I reached out to pull her into one last hug, but she shook my hand off her shoulder and finally turned around. I took one step up the porch step. Sooyeon placed both her hands on both my cheeks and clap on them softly. "Get real. Find another girl, ara? There will always be someone better, Hara for an instance," she told me.

She planted a lasting kiss on my lips, a sign of goodbye. "Good night, have a nice sleep tonight, Junhyung," she whispered to my ear and kissed me on my cheek once more.

She then turned around and entered her house without another word.

I sighed, the scent of her perfume lingered in the air for a still while, and it diffuses away and disappeared. Same thing as Sooyeon. She's lingered for a while now, but I didn't think I'd have to let her go this soon.

Especially knowing that I didn't even have the chance to show her how much my feelings are true.

I stepped down the porch step and walked down the dim road. I looked at Sooyeon's house over my shoulder. Sooyeon why should you leave?

Sooyeon

"Are you really sure Sooyeon? We really don't mind having you longer. Besides, after our son's ermm-- leaving, we've never got the feel of having a child anymore. It really is nice to have you around," my uncle retorted as he watched my aunt help me pack for tomorrow.

"Aniyo, I've been too much of a burden, auntie would've agreed. Besides, Halmeoni is living alone in Los Angeles right now after cousin Juyeon left for college in London. So I better go there to accompany Halmeoni," I politely replied, stuffing my clothes into the big luggage.

I looked at my aunt, whom I've thought of as Eomma for the past few months and she just smiled. She respected my decision to leave, unlike my uncle who still hoped of me staying.

Men, all of them just the same. Whether its my uncle or Junhyung, and maybe Yoseob.

"Thank you for everything so far. I mean, you guys were even the reason why I hesitated to stay, even if Halmeoni has been calling me for the past month since unnie was too stuck with Appa," I told them.

I was being honest to a certain extent. They were the one who cause my hesitancy to leave, but Yoseob was the true reason I stayed. After so much time of ditching Junhyung for him, I know I've hurt Junhyung, but hearts don't lie.

And my heart isn't lying right now. My heart knows its owner well, Yoseob.

As much as Junhyung treat me right, as much as he loved me until now, my heart seemed to be a great rebel. I sighed as I looked at a photo of Yoseob and me, at Lotte World. And another picture in the same frame, was the picture taken by Doojoon on the day when Yoseob asked me out.

I sighed as I watch my aunt and uncle leave my room. I continue stuffing my stuffs into the luggage. The jacket Junhyung once lent me, the little jewelry box Heena got for me, Yoseob's scarf and all our pictures together, the cute puppy doll I took from Dongwoon, the polaroid camera I got from Doojoon and Hyunseung.

Every little piece of memory that connects me to this group of boys called BEAST, and Heena, I stuff into the luggage. I shed a tear as I place the picture of me and Yoseob into the luggage. I closed the suitcase and forced it to zip close.

Then there was a knock on my door. My aunt opened the door and sat on the bed next to me. She helped me zip the bulky luggage properly and sat back on the bed with me. "You see Sooyeon, I have a gift for you,"

"Eh?"

"Your mother used to love me so much, I was after all, the only sister she had. She once gave me this locket during my birthday. I just thought you'd deserve to have this last piece of memory," my aunt said, pushing the locket into my hand.

I opened my clutch and saw a nice golden necklace with a silver shimmering locket hung on it. I opened the locket and it turned out to be empty. i frowned a little. "Read what's written, and you'll understand why I gave you this," my aunt said before leaving me.

I took out the blank paper that was inside the locket. I opened the folds and found out it was a letter, written in English.

Lips can lie, but hearts can.
People keep telling me to follow my heart, yet they were the same ones who told me where my heart is.

Trust, its hard to gain.
Don't trust these people, you're the one to decide where your heart belongs.

Marriages won't work out, couples will break up.
But only true love will wait, all the way to eternity.

You'll leave and you'll come back. True love will still wait.
For true love will persist, and will never end.

- Han Ga Eun -

Han Gaeun? That's my mother's name. I sighed at the letter as I folded it and slipped it back to the lockets.

She probably wrote this after she knew that her marriage with appa was failing, just about 3 months before her passing. I sighed again and went to my window, looking at the dark night.

One star shone brightly, in the middle of the dimmer ones. My gaze was fixed on that one bright star. I thought that since it was the one who stood out most, won't Yoseob be looking at this one too?

Yoseob, true love waits. If you're my true love, you'll wait even if I told you not to.

I turned my back on the window and laced my fingers together. I closed my eyes and silently prayed in my heart, that Yoseob will wait.

Yoseob, please be my reason to come back. Be my reason to believe in love.

You may have broken my heart, but you shall have it forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

confusing eh?
I know.

But well basically Sooyeon's halmeoni (from the Eomma's side since well she ran away from Appa right?) was in the States and was living alone.
She had been calling Sooyeon for a month now to go over to the States and live with her.
Sooyeon didn't want to leave since her life was perfect in Seoul.
That was until the Jieun-Yoseob thing came to place

At that moment where Yoseob decided to break her heart
Sooyeon was in a dilemma, whether to choose Yoseob or Junhyung
but she in the end notes that her heart was always thumping harder with Yoseob

She loved Yoseob more.

But in the end, she decided to live a new life in the States
She had no reason to stay in Seoul
So yes.

but please do comment!
and bring my subscription to 30 please ^^
kamsahae~

xoxo,
rainbowscones