Chapter 17 : Texts

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

Yoseob

Here I stand, trying to face the fact that the girl I love is in the arms of another man.

"Are you even sure?" Jieun cooed beside me. I nodded, trying to hold back the tears, the pain. 'Maybe you should tell her why," Doojoon suggested as we all walk out of class from our last period. I sighed.

"That'll make her stay. I really didn't want to do this. Not at all," I admitted, earning the pitiful glances of the BEAST members and Jieun. "But I don't mind. I mean, she's happy after all!" I cheered, putting up a fake grin.

"Look at him, Sooyeon was a jerk to leave him,"

"I know. Pity the boy, he was just too innocent, too nice,"

I looked at the girls spitting out those words. They didn't know what I did. They didn't know that I just smashes Sooyeon's fragile heart into pieces, making it broken beyond my repair. But I know that Junhyung will fix it just right.

"YAH! Stop meddling into people's love life. I know you're just desperate people needing gossips for your big mouth to talk about, but please mind what you're saying. You'rebarely close to the truth," a familiar voice yelled.

Heena.

"H- heena, about this morning, I- I real--," I approached her, trying to explain. She looked at me with a sad smile plastered on her face, putting a palm in front of my eyes, telling me to stop talking.

I locked my mouth shut. "I know what you've been trying to do. But think about it, Sooyeon actually loved you. She chose you over Junhyung didn't she? You were a jerk to do that, even if your intentions were right, somehow," Heena growled and stomped away.

All of us looked at her as she wither away from our sight.

Maybe I was a jerk to leave.

 

Yoseob get out of your head. She loves Junhyung much more.

I leaned on the lockers and massaged my temple as my friends keep staring at me. They knew I was confused, dazed, lost. "walk on. I think I'll hang for a while, clear my thoughts," I said and gestured them to walk on.

All of them, including Jieun, walked on in silence, not knowing what else there is to do.

I felt a buzz in my pocket. I knew it was a text, and I hoped that it was from Sooyeon, even if that won't happen.

Stop lying to yourself. You know she loves you more than him

It was from an unknown number.

Who are you?

I texted back, curious. This definitely won't be the work of any of my friends. Definitely not.

Doesn't matter. Come to XXX Park tonight, where you asked her out. Its your only chance of making everything right.

I read the text and tilted my head in confusion. Who else would know I actually asked her out there?

Who are you?

I texted back again, the curiosity killing me.

I told you it didn't matter, just make sure you're there, 7PM sharp.

I looked at the text and ignored it. It might just be some lunatic with a hell lot of luck since he guessed hell well.

I sighed, flipped the phone off, and shoved it deep into my pocket again. I kicked one of the lockers there out of frustration and just decided to head out of school.

 

As soon as I was out of school grounds, i let my feet lead me where it felt like going. I decided to take a stroll in the streets of Seoul. I walked past the small shops, looking at couples doing their own thing.

I kept walking, finally now heading for a specific destination, the coffee shop. I'm not into alcohol, so I'll just let the caffeine do their job.

I went inside a small coffee shop. There were people here and there, but it basically contains a low-key crowd. This is the coffee shop Sooyeon always loved to visit.

Wait.

Yoseob forget about Sooyeon screw it. She's not yours anymore isn't she?

I clench my fist around my pants pocket, the left one, the one that held Sooyeon's necklace. I released my fist and pat the pocket. This is the last piece of treasure I had of her.

Long story short, I'm now sitting by one of the window seats. The streets of Seoul was brightened up with bright lights now. I looked at the time on my wristwatch as I sip my Espresso.

6.51PM

I blink at the watch. Its 6.51, not 7 yet. I still can go to the park, whatever awaits me there.

Hesitancy seemed to shot up through my veins, up my mind. Should I go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at my wristwatch once more.

7PM

I panted just as I see the park come into sight. I ran across the soccer field and went near the park. I turned and looked around. No one was there. i guess I was fooled by some freaky lunatic.

i sighed and sat down under the tree where I asked her out, Sooyeon. I remembered how elated I was when she accepted me. I never even knew that things would turn for the worst.

And I'd end up coming here again, alone.

"Junhyung? Is that you?" a familiar melody was sweetly sung behind me. I fidgeted a little at the melodious voice.

Is it true? Is it really true?

Am I hearing Sooyeon's voice? Or is it the 7 cups of caffeine that caused me to be like a drunk guy?

"Hello? Who is that there?" she called out once more, approaching me. I didn't know what I should do.

I look at the shadow the silver of moon had created on the ground behind me. There was the silhouette of a girl, her hair flowing wildly as the wind blew against it. I could shape out her shoulders, and body curves, and the long flowy dress she had on was apparent as well.

"Junhyung, not funny, is that really you? It took me a lot to actually be able to come here. You promised me that by coming here, you'll fix everything right, right? So come out now, palli," she hurried, her sweet voice quavering in either doubt or sadness.

Should I go out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

so its a turnout of events
some of you might be great at conclusion-making
and can guess what will happen next, or what actually happened in between

give me all your guesses okay~ to whatever you want to guess
maybe guess
- will yoseob come out?
- why the text message?
- what will happen next?
- what happened in between with junhyung and sooyeon?

anyways, please support my other stories and my new story featuring Yoseob and Gikwang!

Half of the Prince's Heart

kamsahaeyo~

xoxo,
rainbowscones