Chapter 8 : Answers and Heartbreaks

You Belong With Me, Why Can't You See?

junhyung

"hemm? where are those two going?" doojoon said, pointing towards yoseob and sooyeon. i stopped the soccer ball with my feet and turned back at doojoon's words.there he was, with MY sooyeon. his hand was sneakily snaking on her waist. slowly leading her away and behind a tree.

i smell something fishy. i kicked the ball towards dongwoon and walked towards their direction. i sneakily ran and lean on the backside of the tree that hid them from our sight. "i-- umm-- uhh-- sooyeon will you -umm -erhhmm be m-my--" yoseob stuttered. mwo? IS SHE FRIKKIN ASKING HER OUT?

my heart raced. will sooyeon accept yoseob? i bit my lip. i sort of prayed she won't accept. although well, i don't think i'm actually head over heels for her YET, i still love her, i do. i don't want her to end up with yoseob.

who does?

i looked at doojoon and the other boys, oh and heena as well. they had excited looks on their faces when they knew what was happening. okay, i lose. maybe i'm the only one here who doesn't want them to end up together. there were several heartbeats of silence.

i poked my head and took a peek. yoseob was still on the ground, kneeling to sooyeon, looking down. sooyeon was biting her lip, she was nervous. she took several glances, left, right, up, down, back to yoseob. left, right, up, down, back to yoseob.

sooyeon finally stopped looking around and looked at yoseob, that sad smile returned to her face. i held my breath. "ehh-- you know yang yoseob..." she faintly said, lifting yoseob's head up.

this is it.

heena was biting her nail and clutching on dongwoon's shirt. dongwoon was holding the soccer ball and leaning forward, trying to catch what sooyeon is going to say. doojoon was nearest to me, he was actually recording the whole ordeal. hyunseung and gikwang was just chuckling silently behind doojoon.

me? i'm waiting, holding this lungful of breath.

"you should ask me out properly first. otherwise i won't say yes." sooyeon smoothly ended. my heart stopped. "sooyeon, w- will you be my g- gir- girlfriend?" yoseob asked again, looking straight into sooyeon's eyes. sooyeon let out a soft giggle. i started getting nervous.

please don't say yes. please keep stuttering yoseob.

yoseob

my eyes widen at her response. is that a yes? well, i just have to ask again right?

"sooyeon, w- will you be my g- gir- girlfriend?" i stuttered. damn yoseob can't you ask her right for once? my legs were shaking, my hands as well. i was breaking into a cold sweat.

sooyeon giggled a little. she took my hand by the wrist and sort of led me to stand up. "ask me properly~" she hummed, cutely biting her bottom lips.

i drained all my courage already. i started nervously rolling my eyes, only to find junhyung peeking at us. and well, doojoon and hyunseung and gikwang recording me. and all of a sudden, it felt like someone dropped a huge ton of courage on me.

no, not because my little confession was recorded. but because i saw junhyung's angry face.

" jung sooyeon. will you be my girl? i promise to not hurt you. i promise to be there when you need me. i promise to keep you under my protection when the world hurts you. i promise to kiss all your tears away. i promise to keep your fragile heart intact," i declared, smiling at the shy girl in front of me.

"i promise, i promise to love you," i whispered the last 5 words. i caressed her face, shooting a smile at sooyeon. then i look behind her. junhyung's shoulder slouched as he slumped away from my sight.

"y- yah p- pabo yang yoseob!" sooyeon cried as she hugged me. "eh?" i gasped. "ya- yah y- yoseob. i- is that how you t- treat y- your g- g- gir- girlf-," she exclaimed, gasping at the last word.

"say that again?" i asked her, softly brushing her plump lips with my thumb. she breathed a lungful of air. "PABO YOSEOB I S THAT HOW YOU FRIKKIN TREAT YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND HUH? BY TEASING HER WHEN SHE JUST SAID TO YOU? HUH? GASPING WHEN SHE HUGS YOU? HUH? NO WONDER YOU'RE SINGLE!" she yelled non-stop.

"wow. ouch." i said, laughing at my cute GIRLFRIEND. yes, GIRLFRIEND.

in you jerky face you byuntae junhyung.

suddenly, claps could be heard around. "aww sooyeon! you've finally fallen in love again! i thought you won't get married until you're old!" heena yelped, hugging the shy sooyeon. i pulled heena away from her and pull her into my hug.

"the necklace," i whispered to her ear and let the necklace rest softly on her milky white skin. she gave me a nice, shy smile.

and everybody just clapped. dongwoon and heena clapped and wooed. doojoon, still recording was smiling widely. hyunseung and gikwang was teasing us like fools.

but then,

junhyung was nowhere to be found.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear readers,

that chapter took me 3hours to make. well cause i was doing my IT project alongside it keke~ that's why it wasn't long :(

and all you yeobos should be happy~

but jesters don't be sad okay! i have something in store:)

xoxo,

rainbowscones