Your story...

Coffee Boy Sunggyu

 

                “Please Alison, one more chance.” Daniel said grabbing your arm.  Suddenly Sunggyu came storming into the scene and threw a punch at Daniel “Don’t touch my girl.”

                You screamed and said “Sunggyu I told you I’ll handle it.” Daniel got up and looked furious; he turned Sunggyu around to face him and threw a punch back. “Sunggyu!” You screamed quickly picking him up.  You dusted off some of the dirt and took and deep breath.

                “Daniel, leave now.” You said. “I don’t think that’s possible; you know me Alison, once I want something I never stop till I get it.” You took a deep breath and said “Leave.” He glared at Sunggyu then looked at you. “Fine… but remember I’ll be back.”

                When he left your turned around and continued to dust the dirt off of Sunggyu.  “I’ll explain later, just come in first so I can band-aid the scraps.” You said looking at the scraps on his hands from falling.

---

                You were sitting in dead silence; you felt Sunggyu’s staring at you.  “All done.” You said as you finished band-aiding his scrapes, you closed the first aid kit and got up to put it away but Sunggyu pulled you back down to your chair. “Explain now.”

                You bit your lip and sighed. “Daniel, well he’s my ex-bf…” You took a deep breath and continued. “I dated him for 4 years; we were high school sweet hearts. My parent’s loved him, my brother loved him, even Rachel loved him; they all thought we were going to get married.  But when I started university…” you took a deep breath and tried to hold in your tears. “My parents…”

                Sunggyu’s heart fell into pieces seeing you cry, he went onto his knees and wiped away your tears. “It’s okay; you don’t have to tell me. “ You shook your head and said “No it’s okay, let me continue.”  You took a deep breath and continued.

                “Daniel and I had a perfect relationship until my parents… suddenly died.  It was so… unexpected and because of that my brother started to change.  He was going through deep depression and I was the only family member he could lean on.  I stopped spending time with Daniel and focused more on family; Daniel wanted to stay with me but he knew that it’d be better if we broke up so I can focus on supporting my family.” You sighed “After a year my brother’s depression got better; then he got a job offer in America and I tagged along.  I spent a year in America with him, and forgot about Daniel.”

                “When I came back to Korea, I went to see Daniel.  I asked him to be my boyfriend once again, but he told me he moved on.  I was heartbroken; and that was when my lifelong friend Rachel took me in… and well… now I’m here dating you… and… my ex-boyfriend wants me back.” Sunggyu took your hand and said “I won’t ever leave you.” You smiled and try to hold back the tears that were begging to fall.

                Sunggyu pulled you in for a hug and your tears couldn’t hold back; you started to cry once again. “Don’t cry Alison.  I promise I won’t break your heart, ever.” He pulled back and wiped away your tears and smiled.  You saw him smiling through your blurred vision and smiled back.

“You know what, how about I cook for you?” You nodded and said “That’d be nice.” He got up

and looked through your refrigerator.  “It looks like we’ll need to do some grocery shopping. “  When he was still looking through your fridge you got up gave him a back hug.

               

                “I know it sounds weird that I’m saying this… but I think I love you… Kim Sunggyu” Sunggyu smiled then released you from your hug; he turned around and looked you in the eyes and said “I think I love you too Alison Yunji Park.” Then ended his sentence with a kiss.