This was not happening..

Coffee Boy Sunggyu

                Sunggyu sat in his office filling in some paper work, looking over some stats, trying to help his parents keep their company steady.  He needed to keep his mind off of your brother; he stayed up last night trying to think of a way to get your brother’s approval, but every idea he thought of required a lot of money. 

                Sunggyu took a deep breath, put down his pen and close his eyes. “You’ll find a way” he told himself.  Suddenly there was a knock at his door “Who is it” he asked knowing his assistant, Mrs. Jang always knocked when there was a visitor. “Your parents came to visit Mr. Kim.”  Sunggyu automatically got up off his chair and headed to the door. “Omma! Appa!” He said greeting them with a smile. “How is my son doing?” ask his father has he opened arms for a big fatherly hug.  “I’m doing great Appa, thanks for asking.  But you know balancing work with my love life can be quite difficult.” His mother flashed him a look and said “What do you mean by that?”  Sunggyu bit his lip and said “Well… I met with Yunji’s brother.”  His parents sat down and looked at him “and how did that go?”

                Sunggyu ordered Mrs. Jang to prepare tea and he took a deep breath.  “Well, he’s a good brother that’s for sure… but he says he doesn’t want us to get married.” His mother gasped. “W-what do you mean?” Sunggyu sighed and said “Well If I don’t find a way to get his approval by the end of this week, he’s taking Yunji back to America with him.  I can’t let that happen.” “Want us to talk to him?” his father asked.  Sunggyu just simply shook his head “No, I’ll think of a way by myself.”

---

                You were sitting in the coffee shop where you and Sunggyu first met.  You sighed and waited for your brother to arrive; you wanted to talk to him about this “approval thing.”   You decided you weren’t going to put up with this drama, it was stressing out both you and Sunggyu and you just couldn’t leave Sunggyu… I mean you LOVED him.  You took a sip of your coffee and finally you saw your brother walking up the coffee shop.  He walked in and looked for you, when he finally spotted you he sat down in front of you.  “Hey sis, how have you been?” You smiled slightly and said “Good good, just tired.  I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep.”  Yunseok looked at you confused “What have you been doing?”  You sighed and said “Well… umm… I’ve been thinking a lot so I can’t sleep anymore.”

                “Thinking about what?” You looked down at your cup of coffee and took a deep breath ‘You can do it Yunji, you can tell him! Just say what you need to say.’  You took a sip of your coffee and said “Well… I’ve been thinking about what you told us.  I don’t understand why you have to be like this oppa, can’t you see that we love each other? Isn’t that good enough?” Her brother gave her a look and said “You heard what I said; a week… well now there are only 5 more days.  I’m not changing anything.” “Why not? What is it that you can’t accept?  I’ve been living and dating this man for years! If you knew what he’s done for me you’ll see why I need him!” You had the urge to scream at him. “I told you! I am your older brother, my decision is made! Now don’t make me drag you back to America with me now!”

                You got up from your seat and stormed out of the coffee shop, your brother followed you behind.  “Yunji look…” he said putting his arm on your shoulder. “No I don’t want to hear your voice anymore!” You screamed.  You took out your iPod from pocket and walked away listening to your music.  You stormed to the cross walk without looking.  “Yunji!” Your brother screamed, but you couldn’t hear anything, you were blasting your music.  You didn’t hear the beeping of the car coming right to you. “YunJi!” he screamed. 

                The car was right about to hit you when someone pushed you out of the way, you fell to the floor and your ipod and headphones went flying.  There was a sudden crash, someone got hit, that someone could have been you, and you were so close.  You got up off the floor and ran to the person who saved you, there was a pool of blood surrounding him and when you looked closely you noticed the man’s face.  The man that you met the first time at the coffee shop, the one that you fell in love with instantly, the one that proposed to you, the one that swept you off your feet, the one that saved your life… not just once but twice. 

You screamed and broke down in tears, this couldn’t be happening, this was all a dream.