"You are my everything"

Coffee Boy Sunggyu

AUTHORS NOTE:

SORRY FOR... NOT UPDATING IN A YEAR (?) HAS IT BEEN A YEAR? Yeah I've just been caught up with my social life and studies that I kind of put this fan fic to a fault.  However someone gave me the motivation to finally write again!  /whispers/ This Chapter's dedicated to you btw, you know who you are. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! 

               

             Running through the halls of the hospital you cried hysterically.  “Sunggyu wake up!” you screamed as the nurses and doctors ran to the operating room.  “Sunggyu please!” you screamed again.  As you were running following the nurses you tripped and watched the crowd of people wheel a white bed with your bloody lover into the room. 

                You crawled to the wall and cried looking at the door of the operating room, “Sunggyu” you whispered “Please… W-why did you do that?”  You punched the wall and screamed at the top of your lungs; you were in disbelief, you were terrified, you were ANGRY!  Filled with emotions you screamed.

                A hand lightly touched your shoulder and you looked up to see your brother.  He opened his mouth to say something, but you slapped his hand away.  “No! Don’t touch me!” You whispered.

He tried to speak again “Look YunJi –“

                “I don’t want to hear it YunSeok.”

                “YunJi please listen…”

                You got up off the floor and looked straight into your brother’s eyes, you really didn’t want to get mad at him but you had no form of conscience because you were overwhelmed.  “DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID YUNSEOK? DO YOU SEE IT? I LOVE him YunSeok….. L O V E! He saved me before, and he saved me again.  Why can’t you see how much we LOVE each other? Why couldn’t you give him a chance? Why couldn’t you just have given time to open up to you? I…” you held back these words because you knew it would hurt your brother. “I…” You took a deep breath and whispered “I hate you… please go away.”

                Your brother’s face changed from hearing what you said, he didn’t say a word instead he pulled you in for a short hug and left you in the hospital. 

---

                You woke up, slowly opening your eyes and looking around.  You were back home… but it wasn’t the same; The bed was half empty, the master bedroom was too quiet, the floors creaked louder than normal, his cologne which was a permanent smell in the bedroom was stronger than normal.

                You sighed and walked down to the kitchen to see Rachel cooking away.  You walked quietly into the kitchen and sulked, taking a seat at the kitchen table crawling into a ball and taking a deep breath.

                “I took you home last night, one of the nurses picked up your phone and told me you were there.”  Rachel said to break the silence.  You sat there and dazed off playing with the fork she set at the table. 

                “Alison I’m so sorry for what happened ….”

                You got up from the kitchen table and stormed to the front door.  “Don’t leave Alison! You have to eat your breakfast first.” Rachel screamed as she chased you.

                She put a hand on your shoulder to stop you and you sighed.  “I’m… not hungry.”  You lied.  “I just want to go to the hospital right now okay? I need to see how he’s doing.”

                “Look I know that Sunggyu’s situation is huge right now, but think of how he’d feel if you came to the hospital without breakfast?  He would hate it right?” You closed your eyes and held back your tears.

                You chocked on your words, and slowly Rachel turned you around to pull you in for a hug. “There there Alison, you know if it makes you feel better I can come to the hospital with you I think you need some moral support.” You nodded slowly as she led you back to the kitchen.

                “But first, a good wholesome breakfast for my best friend.”

---

                Entering the hospital you took a deep breath; each step you took was agonizing, each step was a step closer to seeing Sunggyu…. Unconscious… on a hospital bed.

                Rachel saw how you were struggling and took your hand. “It’s okay Alison, you can do it. It’s going to be okay.”  You took a deep breath again and before you knew it, you were right in front of the door of his hospital room.

                You looked at the little label at the side of the door “Room 307 – Mr. Kim Sunggyu.”

                Taking a deep breath you walked into the room, and following slowly behind you was Rachel.  Feeling her warm palm on your shoulder was slightly comforting, but it just couldn’t take away from the fear you felt right now, your eyes were closed as you took the cold handle of the door and walked into the room.

                *click click* was the sound of your shoes as you took a step deeper into the hospital room

                *click click*… then suddenly Rachel stopped you. “Alison…. YunJi… don’t be scared.”

                You slowly opened one eye and then the other, your eyes adjusted to the light of the room and your eyes started to focus on the almost lifeless figure on the bed of white.  Looking to the bed for a couple of more moments you realized what you were looking at; you were looking straight at your fiancé, the love of your life, unconscious, unable to move, still breathing but not responding to any of his surroundings. 

                You fell to the floor and cried.  “Sunggyu….”

                “YunJi, please don’t be like this, be strong for me…” you swore you heard his voice say to you.  But you shook your head.  How could you be strong at a time like this?  He almost died for you, saved your life once again, and because of how much he loved you.

                You cried out of not knowing how to hold yourself together and clinged to Rachel’s body, bringing her close to feel some sort of life next to you.  “What do I do?” you whispered to Rachel.  She lifted you up off the floor and dragged a chair to put next to his bed.

                “Look I think you should stay here as long as you can until you can emotionally handle it, I can’t bear to see you break down like this every time we visit the hospital Alison.”

                Rachel was right; you had to keep looking at Sunggyu, to become strong and to be able to hold yourself together.   You knew that you should be like this, that Sunggyu would want you to be strong, he would want you to stay next time him and smile assuring him that he’ll be alright and that everything will be alright once he gains back consciousness. 

                You reached out to grab his hand, holding it tight you shut your eyes and started to pray “Please, please let him be okay.  I need him back, I love him and I don’t know what I’d do without him.” You whispered. 

                Rachel put a hand on your shoulder again and whispered “I’ll be back; I’ll go get something for you to snack on and maybe a few more flowers for this room.”

                Nodding gently you took a deep breath looking around the room, noticing a few cards and flowers already placed around the room.  You got up from the chair looking at each and every present left, from his past roommates, employees, and of course his parents… His parents.

                You just realized how you would explain this to his parents, you took out your phone searching through your contacts and looking for his mother’s number.  Finally finding it you called her and your heart raced.

                “Hello? Yunji! I’ve been waiting for your call.” His mother said when she picked up her phone.

                “I’m sorry for not calling you earlier…. Let me just explain everything that’s happened.” You took a deep breath and told her of the long story of your brother and how he wouldn’t accept Sunggyu to be your husband and how he was making things a bit difficult; how the whole accident happened and how you felt now.  Thankfully, Sunggyu’s mother understood everything and she said that she’ll tell her husband about the whole incident.

                “Thank you Mrs. Kim… and I’m sorry that I caused all this… everything.” You cried.

                “Look, don’t blame yourself, bad things will always happen you just need to keep yourself on the positive side and hope for the best okay?” 

                You nodded and agreed hanging up the phone. 

---

                //1 month later//

                You walked into his hospital room with a cup of hot coffee smiling. “Hello Sunggyu, how are you today?” You said as you took a seat next to his bed, you looked to him still unconscious from the accident. 

                You leaned down and kissed his cheek moving the hair away from his small eyes, “I know I know, you’re probably annoyed that I spend almost EVERY day here with you and you would like to see me go out with friends, but I’m your fiancé Sunggyu and I want to take care of you.”

                You sigh and took your seat again digging through your big purse, “Today I have a book and a few movies on my ipad to watch so don’t you worry if I get bored.”  You took out your book and smiled “Do you want me to read this out loud?”

                You assumed he would, so you started to read the book out loud taking his hand gently.  Reading the book word for word and occasionally looking towards Sunggyu you entertained yourself.  Keeping the grip on Sunggyu’s hand you suddenly felt his hand moving.

                You jumped slightly on your seat and looked at his hand; his fingers were moving slightly.  You threw your book to the floor and ran outside screaming for a doctor.  The doctors rushed to you “What’s the matter? Did something happen?” they said as they ran into the room.

                “I - …. I… his fingers were moving!! Is… he gaining consciousness?” You asked.

                The nurses screamed for everyone to come into the room. “He’s waking up! EVERYONE HE’S WAKING UP!”  Your eyes widened and you ran into the room pushing all the nurses away, “Sunggyu-ah!” You called.

                “Sunggyu-ah do you hear me?”

                Slowly but surely one of his eyes opened and he looked in your direction, his voice struggled to say words but he tried, he took a deep breath and whispered “YunJi-ah.”

                Tears filled your eyes and you were filled with joy.  You leaned down and kissed his lips “Sunggyu I missed you.”

                “I too missed you my love, but I heard everything you told me; the book readings, the movies, the venting after stressful days, I heard it all.” He whispered.  Hushing him you kissed him passionately with the tears falling down your cheeks. 

                The nurses pulled you away for a moment to check all his vital signs and to make sure he was fine. “He’s going to need to rest up a bit more in the hospital, but other than that he seems fine! Congratz Mr. Kim, welcome back!” The two of you smiled and you helped him sit up in his bed, he shuffled over to the side to make room for you and lightly patted on the small empty seat next to him.

                “Come here.”  Without hesitation you sat next to him and he pulled you in for a kiss.  Everyone left the room, leaving just the two of you in the room, the only sound being heard were Sunggyu’s heart monitor and the sound of you two breathing. 

                “Yunji?”  he called and you looked up to you. “You know what I thought that exact moment I threw myself in front of the car for you?”  You looked to him a bit worried, but he smiled in reassurance.  “I thought of everything, every small moment we spent together, our first meet, when you first met my parents, the first time I saw you without make up… the first time seeing you , the first time we made love in my bed… everything.  Every aspect and every moment we spent together passed through my mind.”

                Tears slowly formed in your eyes. “Sunggyu…”

                He interrupted your speech “It was scary yes, but I didn’t regret it because I’d rather I take something like that than you, because I love you Alison.”  You covered your eyes to block him from seeing you cry, you didn’t want him to see you in this state after everything he’s been through. 

                He turned your face to look him in the eye; your eyes filled with tears begging to fall down your cheeks.  When you looked up at him you expected to see a serious expression, but to your surprise he smiled brightly and wiped away your tears. “Look Alison, I truly love you and I know it’s been hard to just wait for me to wake up, it’s been hard to know what I did for you; you’ve been through so much I love you.”

                With those words you melt into his embrace, taking in his warmth he gave off. “God Sunggyu, I don’t think I can love anyone more than I love you.  You’d do anything for me and I feel as if I owe you so much, I feel as if I owe you every fortune I own…” Sunggyu cut off your words with a soft kiss.

                “But all I need is you, you and your love.”  You kissed him back and laid down on his hospital bed with him, his arms holding you as tight as possible and his lips constantly meeting yours. “You are my everything.” Sunggyu whispered into your ears.

                You smiled and as his hands took yours “You are my everything.”