Chapter 6

I Will Be Your Eyes

"Minhee is blind. So please be kind to her. She can't see us, so she has a hard time trying to learn. So guys, as your leader, I would like you to all be patient with her and don't lose your temper so easily," Sunggyu explained.

*Minhee is blind?!?!* Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sungjong all thought.

"Hyung, Minhee is actually blind?" Sungjong managed to ask, still very shocked. She seemd so normal, just an average girl you would meet everyday. But she actually wasn't.

Sunggyu nodded.

Sungyeol, who was sitting in one of the corners in the room, couldn't believe what he had heard either. Everyone else seemed to be taking the news pretty well, except for a few, but Sungyeol was in the worst condition. Tears started to form in his eyes. He couldn't hold it in. He cried his heart out. 

The rest of INFINITE heard him crying and turned away from their conversation and walked over to him.

"Hyung, why are you crying?" L sat down beside Sungyeol and wrapped his arms around his hyung protectively. 

Sungyeol kept crying and wouldn't speak. Sunggyu, being the only person who knew why he was crying, stepped up and explained to everyone why Sungyeol was acting like this.

"Guys, from what I know, I believe that Minhee is Sungyeol's long lost sister. I asked her if she ever sang in front of anyone, and she said she used to, in front of her brother. But she somehow got separated from her family and ended up in the orphanage. She showed me a picture of her family, and the boy in the picture looked just like Sungyeol. So I told him about it."

"Hyung... Is it true?" Sungjong asked Sungyeol.

Sungyeol nodded slowly in reply. "I haven't asked her yet, but she looks just like my younger sister. They even have the same names. I think it's her. I was going to talk to her later, but after hearing this, I'm scared to ask. If she is my sister, I feel horrible inside. I'M A HORRIBLE BROTHER!" Sungyeol screamed, bursting into sobs again. 

This time, no one knew what he was talking about. They decided to try leaving him in the practice room by himself to let him have some quiet, peaceful time to think. After the others had left, Sungyeol was able to control himself and stopped crying.

*If she's actually my sister, how am I going to be able to face her? It was my fault, all my fault. If she knew, she would hate me for the rest of her life. Minhee-ah, you don't know how much guilt I felt after you disappeared. I cried every night. I didn't feel like eating. I cared about you so much. You're my sister, and because of me, you had to live a hard life. Umma and appa wouldn't talk about you in front of me, so I wouldn't feel bad, but I knew that deep inside, they were mad at me. Minhee-ah, we looked for you day and night, but because of appa's new job that he got a month after you disappeared, we had to move, so it was hard for us to go back and forth between cities to find you. So we stopped, but inside, umma was determined to find you. She would yell at me sometimes, cursing at me, "You terrible son!" I'm sorry Minhee, I don't even know if I deserve to be your brother.*

After thinking about the situation, he decided to go talk to Minhee. He dialed Hyorin's number, since Amber's phone was apparently off and Minhee didn't have one, not that he knew of at least. 

"Hello?"

"Hyorin, it's me Sungyeol. Is Minhee there?"

"Oh it's you sunbaenim. Minhee isn't here right now."

"What? She's blind! How could you let her out by herself?! It's dangerous!"

"Don't worry, she knows her way around. Anyways, Amber went with her."

"Ah. Do you know where they are?"

"I'm not sure, but I think they said they were going to go buy some ramen at the store across the street from the school."

"Oh thanks, bye." Sungyeol quickly hung up and ran out of the room. 

He ran to the store, hoping that Amber and Minhee were still there. Sungyeol opened the door of the shop and looked around. They weren't there. He asked the store owner if she had seen them, and she told him that they just left. He knew they couldn't be far. He walked outside and looked around the street. Just then, he saw Minhee and Amber. Sungyeol made a quick dash towards them. 

"MINHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" he screamed.

The two girls turned around, just in time to see Sungyeol running towards them, almost out of breath.

"Sunbaenim, what are you doing here?" Amber asked. 

"I.. Want.. To... Talk to.... Minhee..." he replied between gasps of air.

"Me?" Minhee asked, surprised. 

"Yeah. Amber, you can leave first. I'll take Minhee back to the dorms later, so don't worry."

"Alright, see ya guys. I'll take the ramen back." And with that, Amber left.

"Sungyeol sunbaenim, why do you want to talk to me?"

"Uhm, let's go somewhere else to talk."

Sungyeol took Minhee to a small, cozy coffee shop around the corner.

"Minhee, what do you want to drink?"

"Hmmmmm. Americano please~"

"Really? You like Americano too?"

Minhee nodded. Sungyeol smiled and ordered the drinks. As they were waiting for their drinks, they talked. 

"Minhee-ah, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Me? I want to be a singer. It has always been my dream, ever since I was 4."

*She has to be my sister. Minhee wanted to be a singer. She told me on her 4th birthday.* Sungyeol thought.

"Oh, uhm I need to tell you something..."

"Yes?"

"I..."

Just then, the waitress comes with the coffee. Minhee starts sipping her coffee. Sungyeol was having a hard time trying to tell Minhee that he was her brother, but the words wouldn't come out properly.


hello my lovely readers/subbies~! i'm finally back from vacation in koreatown. i spent so much money on kpop stuff, i'm broke. oh well. 

ON THE CAR RIDE, I WROTE UP 2 CHAPTERS. so if i can squeeze in my 2nd chapter before bed, i'll be doing a double update! yay~ 

shoutout to my subbies: 

@brightlightss_ , @unknown8 , @tree_hyun , @Min-cham , and @ChristinaGrimmie ! thank you for subscribing! i love you all~

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS FIC: 

The Bachelorette : INFINITE Version .

my wonderful friend Min-cham is writing this and i'm her weird co-author :D so please check it out. we'll try to update it soon~

i just realized this is a long author's note...