Chapter 26

I Will Be Your Eyes

Chapter 26:

 

*He likes me? Sungjong loves me? This is soooo confusing!* Minhee thought.

 

"Hello????" Hoya shook Minhee to wake her up from her thoughts.

 

"Oh.. Mianhae, I was just in deep thought. So where were we?"

 

"I was asking you which ride you want to go to since we're on a date in Lotte World," he frowned.

 

"Ah, I forget so easily! Uhm, I don't know."

 

"How about that rollercoaster over there?"

 

"I'm… Scared."

 

"You'll be fine, let's go," Hoya insisted.

 

"B-b-but... Okay, I'll go on it."

 

The two got on the rollercoaster and put their seatbelts on. The car started moving up the hill slowly. Minhee tensed and gulped, feeling nervous. Hoya held onto her hand to comfort her.

 

"Everything will be okay, don't worry," he kissed her on the cheek, on the exact place where Sungjong kissed her.

 

Minhee forgot about what was happening as her mind drifted off to thoughts about Sungjong.

 

Sungjong pecked her cheek lightly and started blushing. “I… Love you Minhee!” he bit his lip and turned away.

 

“Y-you what?” Minhee didn’t believe what he said at all.

 

“I love you. I really do! Ever since I met you, but once I heard you were dating Hoya, I decided to keep my feelings to myself. But… Now I can’t do that anymore. I love you too much, it’s impossible to hide away these feelings. I’m sorry. You may not love me back, but still, I will still love you, no matter what. Even though you’re blind, I still love you. I will be your eyes and see the world for you. You won’t even need eyes, I will be them for you. You don’t have to love me back, just accept my heart and know that I truly love you. That’s all I ask for. Is that too much?”

 

“Sungjong-ah… I don’t know what to say…”

 

“I just want to say one last thing. You don’t need eyes to love. But I think you already know that, since you’re with Hoya. Be happy okay?” with that, Sungjong started rounding up the puppies and putting them back in the cages.

 

 

*Sungjong...* she thought as the rollercoaster raced around the rails. Since she was paying so little attention to the ride itself, and was busy thinking about Sungjong, she didn't notice how fast or high they were going and didn't react. Hoya was a bit shocked, but just thought it was because she wasn't scared.

"Minhee, the ride is over."

 

"Huh??"    

 

Hoya realized that Minhee had not been paying atttention to the ride the whole time. He felt a bit disappointed that her mind was preoccupied by something else. He sighed. "Minhee, what were you thinking about that caused you to blank out during the whole rollercoaster ride? Tell me."

 

"It's nothing," she lied. "It's really nothing, I just wasn't scared."

 

"You're lying to me."

 

"No," she replied confidently. "I'm not lying."

 

"You're not? I don't believe you. Tell me, Minhee, I won't get mad. I promise!"

 

"Let’s go eat, I'm hungry," Minhee suddenly said, changing the subject. Hoya just sighed and led her to the food area.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Oppa..." Minhee spoke as they were sitting in the car. "I can see things... but they're all just really blurry, but I can see light!"

 

Hoya stopped the car immediately and turned to his girlfriend.

 

"You can see again?"

 

"I can see light..."

 

"I'll take you to the hospital."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At the dorms, Sunggyu and Hyorin were left alone to take care of the dorm while everyone else went out to buy stuff. Sunggyu was getting bored from watching tv the whole time in the INFINITE dorm, so he snuck over to Eternity's and knocked on the front door. Hyorin answered the door in her pajamas, since she was taking a nap earlier and was too lazy to change.

 

She yawned. "Yes?" her eyesight was still a bit blurry and she didn't realize that it was Sunggyu at the door.

 

*She looks so adorable in her pink pajamas~* he thought. "Hyorin, you're at home by yourself?"

 

"Oh, it's you sunbaenim, did you need something? And yes, I'm home alone, but I'm the leader, so it's kinda normal for me since everyone just ditches me," she frowned.

 

"I didn't need anything, I was left in the dorm by myself too. So I was bored and I thought maybe someone was over here that I could talk to..."

 

"Well then, come in sunbaenim, I was feeling lonely too!" she invited him inside.

 

As Sunggyu walked inside, he noticed the dorm was a mess, just like how INFINITE's was in the old dorm days. He chuckled and walked to the living room, where the tv was on to a drama. Hyorin plopped down onto the couch and gestured for Sunggyu to take a seat beside her. He just sat down and glanced over at her.

 

"You can call me oppa by the way," he said abruptly.

 

"Yes? Oh, if you prefer that, sun- I mean oppa," she seemed a bit flustered and blushed. "Uhm, I hope you don't mind, our dorm is really messy... We've been busy with schedules lately."

 

"Oh, it's okay, I understand. Our old dorm used to look the same. It's only clean now because we don't want our new dorm to get messed up."

 

*Nice going for starting a conversation. You're so awkward Sunggyu!* Sunggyu yelled at himself mentally. *Okay, i think this is my only chance. Might as well be awkward than never say anything...*

 

Hyorin began to speak, "That's-"

 

Sunggyu interrupted her. "I like you," he quickly admitted. His cheeks flushed red immediately and he facepalmed himself.

 

"Jeongmal?" Hyorin asked, without any signs of shock on her face. She smiled sweetly and put her hand on his shoulder. “Guess what?” he looked up upon hearing her speak. “I like you too~”

 

Meanwhile, the rest of INFINITE was out at the mall, and Amber tagged along. Sungyeol wanted to go to the gift shop, but everyone else wanted to go buy some clothes, so they split up. Sungyeol grabbed Amber and made her go with him. Amber pouted and just followed, not wanting to waste her energy quarreling with him. Inside the shop, Sungyeol saw something that caught his eye. He dashed towards it and grabbed it, then ran back and shoved it in Amber’s face.

 

“DOMOOOOOOO!” he screamed as he held the plush Domo in Amber’s face.

 

“What now?” she grumpily answered.

 

“I’m going to buy this for Minhee!”

 

“Okay then, do whatever you want,” she mumbled.

 

Sungyeol quickly purchased the plush toy and then returned to Amber’s side, who was sitting on one of the benches in the mall, waiting impatiently. Sungyeol took out a small box and handed it to Amber.

 

“Here.”

 

“What’s this?” she asked as she opened the box. “Omo! They’re rings! Are you buying these for the MinWon couple?”

 

“You pabo, it’s for you and me,” he awkwardly said. He took out the couple rings and put one on Amber’s finger, while he put the other on his own.

 

Surprisingly, Amber didn’t fight back, she just let him put it on. Then, she smiled.

 

“Okay, I accept you, you silly choding~” she kissed him lightly on the cheek.

RINGGGGG! RINGGGGG! Sungyeol’s phone rang, and he picked up.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Sungyeol, I’m at the hospital right now with Minhee. Come quick, and tell everyone to come!” Hoya exclaimed, then hung up immediately. Sungyeol started to panic. He was worried something was wrong with his sister again, so he told Amber everything quickly and they both started making phone calls to the rest of INFINITE and Eternity as they rushed to the car.