Chapter 23

I Will Be Your Eyes

The next morning, Hoya woke up early and went to the market to buy some groceries. He wore sunglasses and a baseball cap to disguise himself and walked out of the dorms casually. Arriving at the market, he started looking around for ingredients to make some porridge for Minhee. 

"Ahjumma, can I ask you a question?" Hoya politely asked for help. 

"Of course, what do you need sweetie?"

"I would like to buy ingredients to make some porridge for someone who is sick, can you help me? I don't know what to buy..." he scratched the back of his neck, embaressed to admit he couldn't cook such a simple meal.

"Ahhh this must be for your girlfriend, isn't it? I'll help you, come with me, I was going to make some porridge for myself anyways. We can go and buy the ingredients together." 

"Kamsahamnida!" 

Hoya followed the ahjumma around the market, buying all of the ingredients necessary to make some porridge. When he was done, he made sure to thank the friendly ahjumma and bought her some herbal tea as a simple gift. He then left to go back to INFINITE's dorms and started making the porridge. 

Sungjong, the only other INFINITE member that was at the dorm, popped his head inside the kitchen. 
"Hyung, what are you cooking?"

"WHOA! You scared me there! Didn't you leave with the rest earlier?" 

"No. I slept in today. Sungyeol hyung and I stayed with Minhee all night yesterday. Hyung kept making me go home but I didn't leave, and didn't sleep either. So I got my sleep now. So, is that porridge for Minhee?" 

"None of your beeswax!" Hoya snapped. He was a bit mad that Sungjong had spent the whole night with Minhee, when he, Minhee's boyfriend, only stayed for like 15 minutes. 

"Well then. You're starting to sound like Sunggyu..." Sungjong mumbled. 

"Yah! You better talk formally, or I'll tell Gyu hyung on you!" 

"Puh-lease~ Hyung can't get mad at this ADORABLE face." Sungjong flashed a smile and left the room quickly before Hoya's temper could get any worse. 

*That kid.* Hoya thought to himself as he continued making breakfast. 
When he was done, he put the porridge into a small container and placed it carefully inside a bag, along with some eating utensils. He then brought the bag with him as he went to the hospital to visit Minhee.

Hoya arrived at Minhee's hospital room and stood outside the door, just standing there. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 
"Come in, whoever it is~" Minhee's cheerful voice showed that she was still happy, even when she's sick. Hoya walked in. 

"Minhee-ah, are you feeling better?" 

"Oppa! You came!" her eyes glowed, even though she couldn't see him. 

"Of course I did," he ruffled her hair, "how could I forget about my girlfriend?" 

"Oppa~ I heard from Yeolyeol oppa that you carried me to the hospital. It's true, isn't it?" 

"Mhm. I'm your prince in shining armor, ready to save you at any time." 

"Yuck, you sound like Woohyun oppa. Too greasy." 

"Ahahaha okay. I made some porridge for you, I hope you like it." Hoya placed the food out on the table in front of Minhee, laying out everything nicely. 
Minhee inhaled the warm, delicious scent of the food and smiled. 

"Komawo~ you didn't have to make me food. But I'll eat it, don't worry!" she beamed. She picked up the spoon and was about to eat some porridge when Hoya yanked the spoon out of her hand. 

"What are you doing?" 

"I'll feed you. You're the patient."

"But-" 

"No buts. Ahhhhh~" 

Minhee gave in and opened wide for him to feed her. Once she was done eating, he cleaned up the stuff and sat down on the bed beside her. 

"Minhee-ah, when I saved you... Uhm... The reporters kinda, caught it on photos, and it's all over the news now. Netizens, fans every where suspect we're dating. Sajangnim gave us a choice to clear the rumors by denying it, or we could announce our relationship publicly." 

"WHAT?!?" 

"Calm down sweetie, it's nothing big. CEO-nim suggests we announce it though." 

"Wouldn't we gain more anti-fans??" 

"No, not necessarily. But I'll protect you anyways. Don't worry." 

"Well... It can't be that bad, right? Let's announce it. I'll feel guilty if we deny it."

"Really? Are you sure?" 

Minhee nodded. "The fans have the right to know. How are we going to announce it? Through the company?" 

"I have an idea, let's make a YouTube video and post it on Woollim's official channel. I can post it from my iPhone." 

"Mhm, let's do that. It seems more personal towards the fans, we care about them a lot." 

Hoya took out his iPhone and the camera. He made sure Minhee looked nice for the camera and then pressed record.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Howon imnida," he bowed to the camera, which was placed on the table, pointing at them. 

"Anneyonghaseyo... Lee Minhee imnida," Minhee shyly said.

"So, there's been rumors recently about us two dating, so we would like to address them right now. Yes," Hoya held Minhee's hand tightly. "We're currently dating."

"Uhm... Well Hoya's said pretty much everything, so all I have to say is, we would appreciate it if our fans gave us support, and in return, we will try to be the best couple we can be."

At the same time, Hoya and Minhee both raised their fists into the air and shouted, "Fighting!" 

Hoya got up and stopped the recording and uploaded it onto Woollim's official YouTube channel. 

"Done. Let's just hope the fans won't hate us.." Hoya announced.

Minhee snuggled against Hoya's chest. "They won't hate us. I'm positive," she said with a warm smile.

Hoya just smiled back and the two just sat there, by each other's side on the hospital bed.