Chapter 11

I Will Be Your Eyes

"Tellllll meeeeeee~" Minhee cooed, still trying to get Sungyeol to confess. Sungyeol just turned his back on her, leaving Minhee still very curious. 

Because it was getting late, they decided the stay the night at their parents' house and come back to Seoul the next morning. There was only one other room in the house besides their parents' room, which was Sungyeol's, so they stayed there for the night. Minhee took the bed while Sungyeol slept on the floor. He was able to fall asleep quickly, but Minhee couldn't. She kept tossing and turning in bed.

*Oh I'm curious yeah~ WHY WON'T YEOLYEOL OPPA TELL ME WHO IT IS? It's not like I would tell or anything. Choding. Bleh.*

Minhee got really bored and started going through Sungyeol's backpack. Though she couldn't see, she could tell it was a mess. She found ramen, candy, all kinds of food inside. Suddenly, she found something interesting. A book, with a lock on it.

*It must be his diary! WAIT. WHAT? OPPA KEEPS A DIARY?!?!*

Minhee continued rummaging through the bag to find more stuff, but mainly, she was looking for the key to open the lock. Her hand brushed across a cold metal object. She grabbed it and felt the edges. It was a key. It was THE key. With the key in her hand, she opened the lock and looked through the diary. She felt the pages, not being able to read them. But then she realized something. They weren't flat. They had ridges and bumps on them. She felt them again, paying close attention to the surface of it. They were stickers. 

*Oh wow. My 17 year old brother uses STICKERS to write in his diary? This is so choding-like. Sigh. At least this is an advantage to me.*

Minhee skimmed through the words with her fingers, by feeling the outline of the shapes and identifying them with the alphabet. She felt a letter that was similar to a V, but was upside down with a line through the middle. 

*It's... An A!*

She continued with the other letters until she came across a heart shaped sticker. 

*A heart sticker? OMG THIS MUST BE THE NAME OF THE GIRL HE LIKES!*

She went over the other letters again. It was indeed the girl her brother loves and misses so much. 

*A... M... B... E... R... OMG HE LOVES AMBER UNNI!*

Minhee was shocked. She didn't think her brother liked Amber. 

"Sungyeol oppa likes Amber unni?" she muttered to herself. She then went over to Sungyeol and shook him gently.

"Wake up sleepyhead oppa~"

He rubbed his eyes and pulled the covers over his head, which muffled his voice.

"Izzzz it seben alweadyyyy?" he asked.

"No silly. It's like the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep, and I sort of... Uhm went through your bag-"

"WHAT?" he shot straight up and grabbed Minhee's shoulders. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

"I- uhm looked through your bag."

"WHY? My things are in there! None of your business missy!" he stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry at her. 

"There wasn't much in there that I was interested in anyways! I found your diary though oppa. YOU LIKE AMBER UNNI, DON'T YOU?"

Sungyeol gasped. "No!"

Minhee smirked. "Then why did you put a heart beside her name? She told me that you always mess with her too. Do you like her?"

"No... I just... OKAY FINE I LIKE HER. DON'T YOU DARE TELL ANYONE OR HER THOUGH, OR I'LL KILL YOU. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MY SISTER."

"Fine."

"The thing is... She's the first person I've really loved. And I've never experienced anything like this before, so i didn't know how to act. I tried to act caring, but somehow I ended up annoying her to death."

"Kwenchana. You'll learn, eventually. I'll help you win her heart. I promise."

"What do YOU know? You've never been in a relationship before... Right?"

"I've read romance novels and dramas!"

"Oh okay, I'll take your help."

 

The next morning, the two siblings came back to Seoul. Minhee, Amber, and Hyoriin all signed their contracts and become official trainees of Woollim.

When they returned to the practice room, they were greeted with cheers and showers of confetti. INFINITE had planned a mini party for them.

"CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING THE NEWEST TRAINEES OF WOOLLIM!" they all shouted in unison. 

"Awwww thank you!" the girls replied.

Hoya came over to Minhee and gave her a hug. She blushed and covered up her cheeks in embarressment. 

Meanwhile, Sungyeol approached Amber.

"Amber-ssi, I want to tell you something."

"Yes, choding?"

"Can I whisper it in your ear? It's a secret that's why."

Amber nodded and Sungyeol leaned over to her ear.

"Surprise," he said in a husky voice. Upon hearing that sudden change of voice, a chill went down Amber's spine.

"What?"

And then, came the big surprise. Sungyeol did his signature dolphin scream right in Amber's ear and pretty much deafened her. Everyone turned around to look at them.

"What. Just. Happened?" Sunggyu demanded an answer.

"I just gave my hoobae a celebratory present, that's all~" Sungyeol answered.

Amber was pissed off. She smacked him across the face and marched out of the room, to who-knows-where. Minhee heard and ran over to her brother, and Hoya followed. 

"OPPA. WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?" was all Minhee said before she ran out of the room to find Amber. 

Sungyeol thought to himself as he rubbed his swollen, red cheek. *What was I thinking?*