Chapter 16

I Will Be Your Eyes

"Don't hurt him.... Please."

Sungyeol softened upon hearing his sister's pleading. He let go of Sungjong and went over to embrace his sister in a hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do this. I didn't know, I just wanted to make sure my sister was safe, but because of my overprotective actions, it seems like I hurt others instead," Sungyeol apologized. 

"Ani, it's not your fault oppa. You just didn't know. Sungjong oppa was really nice to me though, he helped me a lot. So don't worry, he wouldn't hurt me."

Sunggyu interrupted the brother-sister moment. "Okay you two, enough talking. It's like 7 now, so might as well go get some breakfast."

 

After breakfast, practice was normal, like any other day. Except this time, Hoya wanted to give Minhee some extra training by herself, away from the group. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow when Hoya asked to take Minhee out of vocals practice to get some extra dance practice, but he hesitantly agreed. He knew Hoya liked Minhee a lot, and tried to create opportunites for them. He felt that Minhee needed someone by her side who loves her, cares for her, a shoulder to cry on because of her hardships, even though he knew Minhee had Sungyeol, and now Sungjong as well. But Sunggyu, as the oldest and most mature, wanted Minhee to open her heart to the rest of the INFINITE members and feel as if they were family, so she wouldn't feel lonely.

In the practice room, Hoya asked Minhee if she had ever done freestyle dance before, where she just did moves to her own emotions, or a certain emotion she had to pull off. She shook her head.

"Well then, tell me how you're feeling right now," Hoya said.

"I'm feeling really happy right now sunbaenim, because Sungjong oppa-  I mean sunbaenim - cheered me up yesterday!"

"Oh." Hoya felt hurt inside. "Uhm, can you not address me as a sunbae whenever we're alone?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Call me oppa, it feels awkward when you call me sunbae."

"Oh, if you say so, Hoya oppa!"

Just from that one word, "oppa", coming from Minhee was able to put a smile on Hoya's face. They continued the practice session, and 4 hours later, it was over. 

"Practice is over..." Hoya sighed. He wanted to spend more time with Minhee. 

"Is something wrong oppa?"

"No, not at all..." he lied.

"You're lying."

"No."

"Yes you are. Don't lie. Tell me why~"

*Aish, this girl really knows how to act cute.* "It's nothing."

Minhee lightly smacked Hoya's arm. "Stop lying oppa, you can't hide. Just tell me, it's not a big deal."

"You really want to know?" Minhee nodded in response. "Okay," Hoya said, "uhm, well I thought, uh- do you want to like, uhm ditch the others for dinner tonight and go somewhere else?" Hoya turned red after saying his thoughts.

Minhee just giggled. "Of course~ Those lazybutts only invited me, Hyorin, and Amber unni over to dinner because they were too lazy to cook. Let's ditch them! What time is it now?"

"It's 4PM."

"Should we go now? They won't notice we're gone til at least 5, when they get hungry."

"Come on, get your stuff and we'll leave."

"Okay, but Hoya oppa, will we get in trouble?"

"Nope. CEO-nim said we could leave once practice is over. And INFINITE has no power over us!"

Minhee smiled and packed all her stuff. Hoya held the door open for her and they headed out. Hoya put on his glasses and wore a hat to disguise himself. He then grabbed Minhee's hand and they ran out of the building, to the nearest bus station. They headed to a small BBQ restaurant and had dinner there. Afterwards, the two went to the park and sat on the benches.

"Minhee-ah, are you cold?" Hoya was concerned for Minhee, since she was only wearing a t-shirt and there was a breeze outside. He took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders.

"No, here take it back," Minhee argued.

"Just wear it. I don't want you to get sick."

"Oh. Okay then."

"So..." Hoya tried to change the silent atmosphere.

"Oppa."

"Yes?"

"I've been noticing something lately..."


OOOOOH MINHEE NOTICED SOMETHING! what is it???? 

comment and subscribe! i love you all! thanks to all of my subbies! you guys are the best! thanks for supporting me! i've been slow on updating nowadays, i'm sorry. i truly love you all! SUBSCRIBE! 

~meowpikarawr