Chapter 18

I Will Be Your Eyes

Sungjong was crying in his room, not being able to control his emotions. He hugged his precious teddy bear while shedding silent tears. 

*Why did I fall in love with you? I knew you didn't love me, but why... Why do I love you so much? Minhee-ah, why?*

No one had noticed Sungjong's absence in the living room. They were all too busy cooing over the new couple. Hyorin, who had gone to the kitchen to get some water, suddenly realized Sungjong wasn't there. She checked all of the rooms, and finally came across Sungjong, crying in a corner. 

"Sungjong-ah, what's wrong?" Hyorin's tone was calm, but very caring. Sungjong tried to wipe up his tears and hide his sadness, but couldn't. "Sungjong, you can tell me anything. I'll help you."

"Noona... I think I'm in love with Minhee..." Sungjong's voice was shaky.

Hyorin gasped. "You poor thing. I know I'm your hoobae and all, but I'm still your noona, so I want to give you my advice. Listen, Sungjong-ah, you really love her, don't you? I could see that you care for her, like you did the other day. If you really and truly love her, don't be afraid to show your feelings."

"But noona, she already has a boyfriend!"

"You can wait. You can't be sure she'll be with Hoya forever. I think they make a cute couple, but I want Minhee to be with you. You seem perfect for her. Caring, loving, cute, adorable, a bit subborn, and just plain old Sungjong. You're unique. Everyone is unique. You're special in your own way, and maybe Minhee just hasn't noticed it yet. There's always a chance she'll fall for you. Just keep trying."

"I will. Definitely. I just won't interfere with their love life, unless Minhee is being hurt."

Being the supportive noona she was, she encouraged Sungjong, "Now that's my dongsaeng! Good. You would make a very good boyfriend. Do you want to go out now? Or stay in here?"

"Let's go out. Thanks noona~" Sungjong smiled.

*Hyorin noona gave me motivation, she helped me get past my struggles in my love life. She's such a nice person. Her words have helped me decide how I'm going to approach this situation: just be there for Minhee when needed. I'll be a shadow. When she falls, I'll fall with her and then bring her back up. When she's happy, I'll be happy for her.*


Have you seen my awesome new poster? It's from Ahjussi & Chicken Graphic Shop! (Thank you so much!) It's daebak! Okay sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to update soon!