Chapter 13

I Will Be Your Eyes

 

After another day of intense training, the girls were all tired and went back to the school dorms and fell asleep. Poor Minhee couldn't fall asleep though. She was bothered by what happened during the day.

*Flashback*

"MINHEE! I KNOW your voice can reach up to that note. Do it!" Woohyun yelled.

As much as Minhee tried to follow her sunbae's instructions, she just couldn't sing the note. It was high up, and she had a slightly sore throat. That made things worse. She probably would've been able to sing properly if she didn't have a sore throat, but Woohyun sunbaenim didn't know that. She was going to tell him, but it'll seem like she's making excuses.

"Miii-" her voice cracked.

"LEE MINHEE, ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PURPOSE?!?"

"Aniyo sunbaenim, I just can't reach the note..." she muttered, holding back a flood of tears.

"That's it. Hyorin, Amber, go over to Sunggyu hyung and train with him. I'll take care of Minhee. Go. Now."

The two trainees bowed and rushed out of the room immediately, scared that Woohyun will get worse. They felt bad for Minhee, but what could they do?

"Now, Minhee. Sing all of the scales 20 times each, tell me all of the sharps and flats in them, and stay in pitch. After that, you will sing notes 2 octaves higher than your normal range. Okay? Begin."

During practice, her voice kept cracking and became hoarse. Woohyun trained her so hard that her voice was pretty much gone by the end of the day.

Flashback ends.

Minhee grabbed her pink hoodie and went outside. She went into the practice rooms and Tic Toc by INFINITE, and started dancing. Dancing helped her relax, and so she would practice dancing whenever she was stressed. Not only that, but dancing also improved her skills before class started every day.

By the time Minhee had danced to 3 INFINITE songs, she was dead tired. She hadn't eaten much the whole day, only a small bottle of milk and some bread. Her stomach growled, but she ignored it, and sat down in the corner, and curled up, pulling her knees up to her chest and rested her head on top of her knees.

*I never knew being a trainee was this hard. I bet it would've been easier if I wasn't blind. Woohyun sunbaenim was probably picking on me because of my disabilities. I knew I wasn't perfect, but even when Amber and Hyorin unnies messed up, he didn't explode into flames.* she thought.

Tears started falling from Minhee's face as beautiful moonlight flooded into the small corner where she was sitting.

Footsteps came from the hallways. Someone came to the door and opened it. Minhee was too busy crying to even notice. The person came inside and sat beside Minhee, giving her a warm hug to cheer her up.