Chapter 2:

I Will Be Your Eyes

"Your schedule is identical  to Amber's and Hyorin's. You won't be taking regular classes like most of the other students at Woollim. If you're wondering why, it's because we believe that you have the potential to shine, but you just haven't been given the chance to. So now we're giving you 'private' classes. Amber and Hyorin will explain to you if you have any questions. I must go now." the principal explained to Minhee in the morning before class started. Amber and Hyorin led Minhee to the practice room, where their first class would be taking place. 

When the girls arrived at the practice room, it was empty. The teachers hadn't arrived yet. 

"Minhee-ah, this is one of my favorite classes of the day! I hope you'll like it too!" Hyorin beamed. 

"Oh, really? What class is this anyways?" Minhee asked. 

"It's vocals. We forgot to tell you this, but we actually don't have any teachers for our classes." Amber explained.

*No teachers?* Minhee thought. She wasn't getting any of this. 

"INFINITE sunbaenims will be teaching us what we need to know, so technically they're our teachers." 

"OHHHHHH. I get it now. So I'm guessing Sunggyu and Woohyun sunbaenims will be giving us vocal lessons?" Minhee guessed. 

 

"Yup. That would be us." Woohyun and Sunggyu said as they walked in the door. They both walked over to Minhee's side. 

"We have a new student today?" Sunggyu asked with a puzzled look on his face. 

Amber nodded. "This is Lee Minhee, and she'll be with us from now on." She turned to Minhee. "Say hi to your new sunbaes."

Minhee bowed and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Minhee imnida. I hope to be able to learn a lot from you." 

"Don't worry. We'll teach you everything you need to know." the sunbaes replied. 

"I have to confess... I'm.. b-b-b-blind..." Minhee's voice trailed off as she told them.

Woohyun and Sunggyu just couldn't believe it. Their jaws dropped in disbelief. "J-j-j-jeongmal..?" Woohyun managed to say.

Minhee bit her lip and nodded. 

Sunggyu noticed that Minhee's expression changed immediately once she had told them she was blind, so he cheered her on. "It's no big deal. Being blind won't stop you from becoming a singer. We'll all help you, so just try hard. FIGHTING~!" 

Sunggyu's cheering brightened up Minhee's mood, and she smiled brightly. 


Class began. Sunggyu decided to test Minhee's abilities, so he separated her from the rest of the group. Woohyun took Amber and Hyorin to a different practice room in the meantime. 

"Minhee, have you ever sang in front of anyone else?" Sunggyu questioned. 

"Yes. Only in front of one person. My brother. But ever since I was sent to the orphanage, I never sang. Never." 

"Your brother? Oh. I heard you're looking for him. Is that true?"

"Neh. I'm hoping I'll find him and my parents. But it's hard, with me being blind and all." 

"Well, you'll find them for sure. Do you have a picture?"

Minhee nodded and pulled out a pic from her wallet. She showed it to Sunggyu.

"I can't see the picture, but I remember all the details so clearly that I know the photo by heart."

Sunggyu's eyes widened as he saw the photo. *Could it be?* he wondered. 


Annyeong~! it's me again! please comment and subscribe! am i rushing the plot already...? Love you all! [throws greasy Namstar hearts]